beIN Sports is now on Brighthouse

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Cpt_K, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Cpt_K

Cpt_K Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    beIN Sports showed up this morning on my cable guide! I live in Tampa and I'm a Brighthouse Customer. The SD channel is channel 831 and is broadcasting. The HD Channel 1163 is still in black. I have to subscribe to the Spanish package to get beIN Sports Espanol so I can't tell if the channel is broadcasting or not. I'll probably call the cable company tomorrow and plop down the extra few bucks a month for the Spanish package if the channel is still airing and this isn't an accidental early launch. I was hoping that the beIN Espanol feed would be available to Sports Pack customers like Fox Deportes and GOL TV Spanish language feeds but it's not.

This likely means that if you're a Time Warner Customer beIN Sports is showing up on your cable system as well.

This is a great way to start the weekend if I may say so myself as I won't likely miss any Real Madrid or Barcelona games anymore!

2. Kevin121

Kevin121 New Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    beIN sport and beIN espanol have launched in my TWC area as of 8:15 this morning so anyone alse in North Texas with TWC and are on the Dallas metro lineup you have beIN sport and beIN deportes!

Channels:

beIN sport 237
    beIN deportes 330
    beIN sport HD 809
    beIN deportes HD 814

3. yeezplate

yeezplate New Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yep.

Just showed up here in McKinney. I literally got a chill when I saw it.

Can't wait to join-in on the complaints about coverage and announcers! Just kidding. I'm ecstatic.

4. yeezplate

yeezplate New Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  5. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, official announcement made on twitter.
    beIN Sport @beINSportUSA
    OFFICIAL: We've reached an agreement with Time Warner Cable & Bright House Network, & they'll be launching #beIN soon ow.ly/eYgKP
    More at :
    http://www.beinsport.tv/about.html

6. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, BOTH the English and Spanish channels are available in HD on TWC and Bright House. I believe that is a first for beIN. Thank you Bright House! I also like the availability of beIN online and via the Bright House app for those times when the channels are broadcasting two different games at the same time. Willing to pay for a $8.99 Sports Pack in order to watch my beloved Barça (FSC, Fox Deportes and ESPN Deportes were available on a basic digital plan all in HD).

Bright House Networks, central Florida:
    beIN English HD: channel 1163 (Sports Pack subscription required)
    beIN Spanish HD: channel 1919 (Spanish package subscription required??)

7. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just found out that Bright House has apparently changed the pricing on the Sports Pack yesterday from $8 to $10 I suspect this was done in participation of the beIN launch. It is only a difference of $2 but this baiting business practice still sucks.
    BTW, two different customer service reps didn't know what I was talking about when I asked the channel to be added to my account today and I was told to call later. Fingers crossed that we will get the channels on-time for this weekend's matches.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  8. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's awesome news for the footy fans of Orlando & Tampa! Great to have the Npower back on TV. Bright House has really delivered in HD programming

9. Cpt_K

Cpt_K Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I broke down and added the the Spanish Package last night. The Spanish channel of beIN when you hit the SAP option on the cable box delivers English commentary which is pretty fantastic. I was hoping the Spanish version of beIN would be included with the Sports Package but no dice.

So stoked the cheque cleared on the 1st from the Emir, Youssef, and Naseer to the powers that be at TWC/BH so they could launch the channel on the 2nd! Now I have a bit more of a reason to smile when I pump my gas into my car going forward.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  10. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes the 'petro-dollars' are being put to good use:) Nice looking channel from what I've seen so far

11. sb8636

sb8636 New Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    BeIN is also available on TWC in Austin. I found the channels by searching for Barca TV in programs. I will post this in the main BeIN thread as well:

443 - Bein SD - 6.99 sports pack
    624 - beIn espanol SD - 6.99 mas canales pack

1595 - bein HD - 6.99 sports pack
    1596 - bein espanol HD - 6.99 mas canales pack

It does suck for a Sevilla fan like me that I will have to pay $14/mo to get most of the games which TWC gets from BeIN for little or nothing. I almost wish I were a Barca or Real supporter and could get away with buying only the main feed.