BEIN Sports cont..

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Cantona, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texasguy377

texasguy377 New Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Verizon FIOS is really just cable TV. They have the same delivery method as traditional cable TV, and are thus subject to similar bandwidth constraints when it comes to adding new channels.

2. jafo1972

jafo1972 Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Let's wait. I hope we get it very soon!!! I see you are a Real Madrid fan so I don't fight my own people! :D

3. texasguy377

texasguy377 New Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    LOL. I can't get too mad at another Real Madrid fan. I'm just cautioning Comcast customers to not get too carried away until a deal is done. No reason to set yourself up for another letdown.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's clear that La Liga is king to them, on Sunday they're showing 3 straight live La Liga games and have relegated the Serie A game to 7pm.

5. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    And on Saturday they are shown two live Serie A games and showing Ligue 1 and a La Liga game on delay.

6. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. jmartin1966

jmartin1966 Member+

Jun 13, 2004
    Chicago
    What is the next world cup that is not already under contract?

8. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL, the complaints are already starting.If anything, Barcelona & Madrid are king to them. I actually think their schedule for THIS weekend is great. I was afraid it would be all LaLiga but they have created a good mix with the best possible schedule from the 3 leagues. That is if you accept that any Barcelona/RMadrid game will have LIVE broadcast priority over other games. Makes sense based on numbers, fan interest and marketing wise.

FYI, on Saturday they have LIVE an nPower game, 2 Serie A games, and only 1 LaLiga game (@5pm ET, when there is no Serie A/Ligue Un game going on live). These two are the only Serie A games scheduled for Saturday so basically they are showing all available Serie A games LIVE for Saturday.

As for Sunday, they are showing 2 Ligue Un games and 3 LaLiga games LIVE with 2 Serie A games on tape delay. Of those Sunday LaLiga games, 2 are Barca & Madrid games while one is Valencia vs. Depor. la Coruna. The only 12:00 ET Serie A game (AC Milan vs Sampdoria) conflicts with both the PSG and Barca games. So, if they choose to show it LIVE then they won’t be able to show the PSG & Barca games LIVE. That's two games lost in order to placate Serie A fans. Also, the 3 pm ET Madrid game conflicts with all other Serie A games which are scheduled for 2:45 pm.

Whether they will keep creating such a good mix of games from the 3 leagues remains to be seen. If it resembles anything like this week's mix I’ll be happy.

Sunday Serie A Schedule
    12:00 PM ET AC Milan vs Sampdoria
    2:45 PM ET Atalanta vs Lazio/ AS Roma vs Catania/Chievo vs Bologna/ Genoa vs Cagliari/ Siena vs Torino/ Palermo vs Napoli/ Pescara vs Inter Milan

Sunday beIN Schedule
    7:58 AM - 9:50 AM ET

LIVE: Ligue 1 (French League) Montpellier vs. Marseille
    9:50 AM - 10:50 AM ET

beINSIDER -Pep Guardiola Interview
    10:50 AM - 10:55 AM ET
    The Express
    10:55 AM - 12:55 PM ET
    LIVE: Ligue 1 (French League) Paris Saint Germain vs. Bordeaux
    12:55 PM - 2:55 PM ET

LIVE: La Liga (Spanish League) Osasuna vs. Barcelona
    ET 2:55 PM - 4:55 PM
    LIVE: La Liga (Spanish League) Getafe vs. Real Madrid
    4:55 PM - 7:00 PM ET

LIVE: La Liga (Spanish League) Valencia vs. Deportivo La Coruña
    7:00 PM - 9:00 PM ET

Tape delay: Serie A (Italian League) AC Milan vs. Sampdoria
    9:00 PM - 10:30 PM ET

Tape delay: Serie A (Italian League) Palermo vs. Napoli

Makandal repped this.
  9. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yikes, the formatting on the previous beIN schedule for Sunday was off so here it goes.

Sunday beIN Schedule
    8 -10 AM ET LIVE: Ligue 1 (French League) Montpellier vs. Marseille
    10 - 10:50 AM ET beINSIDER -Pep Guardiola Interview
    10:50 AM - 10:55 AM ET The Express
    11 AM - 1 PM ET LIVE: Ligue 1 (French League) PSG vs. Bordeaux
    1 - 3 PM ET LIVE: La Liga Osasuna vs. Barcelona
    3 - 5 PM ET LIVE: La Liga Getafe vs. Real Madrid
    5 - 7 PM ET LIVE: La Liga Valencia vs. Deportivo La Coruña
    7 - 9 PM ET Tape delay: Serie A (Italian League) AC Milan vs. Sampdoria
    9 - 10:30 PM ET Tape delay: Serie A (Italian League) Palermo vs. Napoli

10. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Yeah, I think this looks great, although I'm bummed not to see Roma listed. Clearly we are about to see the use of 2 channels this upcoming weekend because one would have to assume that La Liga isn't going to be short-changed. I would guess that BeIN Spanish will show something closer to this past weekend. It would be nice if BeIN got their act together with a schedule for each station. It's not like it takes much work to plug data into a form--I assume they have interns already.

Now the million dollar question is going to be if we just get wall-to-wall Phil and Ray mixed in with that other bumbling duo or if BeIN will get smart and use Phil and Ray for Barca and Real and then use feed for the rest. Or use Phil and Ray for those 2 games and the other two for Valencia.

11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was this tweet a very public middle finger to anyone or was it just a tweet? :D I ask myself that now all the time.

SYoshonis repped this.
  12. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    It must be a sign that Comcast and Bein have already agreed on a joint epl bid.

13. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on what I've read on this site so far there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference in scheduling b/n the two channels for LIVE games. I wish they will provide the beIN Spanish schedule as well. I've been looking for it everywhere b/c I don't have beIN on my cable yet. I watched a few games at a friend's place last weekend. I don't know how long I can keep doing that TBH.

Any difference in live game programming and I'll be adding beIN in Spanish on top of my Sports pack b/c I don't want to miss any game I'm interested in due to programming differences b/n the two channels. I don't even speak Spanish but I'm hopping that channel will have SAP functionality soon.

14. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    How long would it take for Comcast to implement the new channel? A month?

15. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL, is that becuase you've read so many huhe888 posts?

16. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grant Wahl @GrantWahl
    Bein rep: Hudson will do JAM-USA; away WCQ at MEX not theirs; should announce major cable platform by JAM game. (I'm thinking Comcast.)
    12:40 PM - 22 Aug 12 via web

The above tweet along with the previous tweets from beIN and a Comcast rep could be good news for Comcast customers. Now if only there were similar hints for Brighthouse cable (which negotiates together with TWC according to huhe888) :mad:

17. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I hope Comcast handles this implementation better than leaving it up to local units. In that case it could be months or even ful year before it comes on. This better be good unlike the fsc hd fiasco.

18. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From beIN's Facebook: slight differences b/n beIN1 (English) and beIN2 (Spanish) on Sunday with similar Saturday LIVE games. Sunday sees repeat games on beIN2, including Spanish division 2 games involving Barcelona B, instead of LIVE French league along with the two tape delayed Serie A games having broadcast times in reverse order from that of beIN1.

No French league games live or on tape delay on beIN2 for this weekend.

Domingo 26 de Agosto
    ET 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM 90 IN 30 Ecuador vs. Colombia
    ET 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM Serie A (Italian League) Juventus vs. Parma
    ET 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM beINSIDER - Pep Guardiola Interview
    ET 11:00 AM - 12:45 PM Liga Adelante Castilla vs. Barcelona B
    ET 12:45 PM - 12:55 PM LIVE EXPRESS
    ET 12:55 PM - 2:55 PM LIVE La Liga (Spanish League) Osasuna vs. Barcelona
    ET 2:55 PM - 4:55 PM LIVE La Liga (Spanish League) Getafe vs. Real Madrid
    ET 4:55 PM - 7:00 PM LIVE La Liga (Spanish League) Valencia vs. Deportivo La Coluña
    ET 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM Serie A (Italina League) Palermo vs. Napoli
    ET 8:30 PM - 10:30 PM Serie A (Italian League) AC Milan vs. Sampdoria
    ET 10:30 PM - 12:30 PM La Liga (Spanish League) Osasuna vs. Barcelona

19. Galactico 2.0

Galactico 2.0 Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Miami
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Already some people unhappy with scheduling conflicts at Bein? Hum. Just wait till they get the EPL...

20. moutinho777

moutinho777 Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I wonder why beIN Sport has Europa League Qualifier Crvena Zvezda vs Bordeaux on schedule tomorrow (Thursday 8/23/12) at 2:55pm et. I thought FOX had these rights? Very interesting, I wonder if they sublicensed Europa League to beIN or still sublicensed to DirecTV, anyone know anything about this?

21. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    as stated elsewhere, the Europa League rights (to all games) start at the group stage. Pre group-stage, all games are sold by the clubs themselves.

22. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Remember, BeInSports does NOT have Spanish language rights to Ligue1...Univision does. So you will not see Ligue1 on BeInSports Espanyol....

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

23. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, I get it now. So may be they can spread some Serie A games to beIN2 (Spanish) to make fans happy but then again I don't know how they can do that as long as there are Barcelona, Real Madrid, or even other LaLiga games happening at the same time like this Sunday.

24. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Sunday schedule will have to be reshuffled as they have the Ligue-1 matches wrong:

Montpellier v Marseille kicks off at 11am ET.
    PSG v Bordeuax kicks off at 3pm ET.

What should happen is the Montpellier v Marseille match will be LIVE at 11am.
    PSG v Bordeaux will be delayed at ??? as it does not take precedence over Real Madrid.

Too bad there is no 9am Serie A match in this opening round....

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

25. richardfromnyc

Apr 6, 2009
    New York
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Poor Bosnainter - for all his exuberant cheerleading of BeinSport's coverage of Seria A. BeinSport won't even show his team -Inter Milan - this weekend :). That and only 2 live Serie A games....