BEIN Sports cont..

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Cantona, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would imagine they'll do some anti-Arab rhetoric for those who are too dumb to think rationally about it (they're owned by Qatar, not Al Qaeda).

Though I don't know how someone owned by Rupert Murdoch and run by Roger Ailes can complain about anybody else's lineage, really.

SYoshonis repped this.
  2. Galactico 2.0

Galactico 2.0 Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Miami
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Stop it, you guys! Don't give Comcast any ideas. Bein is GOOD. Got that? I also had doubts at first, but their nice representatives cleared everything up. Bein is very, very, VERY GOOD.

zzBein.jpg

MetroChile repped this.
  3. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And the brain washing begins .....

4. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    No difference on that channel.

The whole Murdoch empire is sorta a hypocritical joke. Conservative news coverage and tittie pictures in the English papers. Page 6 in the NY Post. Soccer coverage. It really is quite amusing.

And Rupert is quite wealthy with it that way.

5. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Red Bull or Goldshlagger shirts must've been dirty that night.

6. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001

Well since networks like NBC Sports and ESPN ( as well as Fox aren't interested). Like I said, well done beIN.

7. SYoshonis

SYoshonis Member+

Jun 8, 2000
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just in time. Mine is pretty dirty at the moment.

8. jhernandez86

jhernandez86 Member

Sep 22, 2004
    What on earth are you guys talking about? Are we going back to the days were if you play an LP Disk backwards, you will here calls to the devil? Can someone bring me up to speed here. I am not sure if we are talking about football anymore.

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    To be honest, this thread has been anything but talking about football.

10. Amador

Amador Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yes in HD but TWC customer service is horrible.

11. Amador

Amador Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    beINSport1@beINSport1USA
    Good news for Xfinity/Comcast customers. Stay tuned for more updates, & as always we appreciate your patience
    I hope it is coming to TWC

12. jhernandez86

jhernandez86 Member

Sep 22, 2004
    You must be in New York. Here in LA, ESPNDEPORTES and FOXDEPORTES are still in sd.

However, EL PAQUTADO promotion has FSCHD, FSC+HD and GOLTVHD for 29.99 for a year.

That is not a bad deal, unfortunately I had to drop it since they no longer have La Liga, which is the only reason why I pay for TV

13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It depends on where you live. My TWC had locally-based customer service agents who were great. One of them even knew my street, as he would frequent a business a few blocks down.

OTOH, I think a lot of these companies (including DirecTV and Dish Network) have outsourced a lot of these, even to call centers in the USA. As a matter of fact, there's a call center in not far from me that handles calls for Verizon Fios...which isn't even available in Columbus!

Oh, and speaking of BEIN sports, apparently, all US Soccer away matches this cycle will be on there. It's certainly not ESPN or FOX Soccer, but it's better than closed-circuit PPV.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    What.

They made a tweet about Comcast but nothing about Uverse? :mad:

15. doublephantasy

doublephantasy New Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, shit my pants. I was switching from Comcast to Direct TV next month anyway, but it would be nice to not have to stream Barca and Milan games until then. Wasn't expecting comcast to have this until about 2017 :)

16. motorola870

motorola870 New Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Or he could live in the Dallas metro area!

We have these HD soccer/futbol related channels in the Dallas area on Time Warner Cable:

AYM Sports (SD but no HD version available)
    ESPN Deportes HD
    Fox Deportes HD
    GOL TV HD (English/Spanish SAP) SD version is Spanish only
    FSC HD
    FSC+ HD
    Azteca America HD (just added this week)

17. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wow! I wish we have that on Directv! Missing the ESPN Deportes, Fox Deportes channels in HD (dying to see the libertadores in HD).

18. drt2k3

drt2k3 Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    Club:
    Wilmington H.

To all USMNT fans with BEIN: You're Welcome

I believe I Was the first to suggest this on this thread and since HUHE888 says this thread is followed by all the high stakes poker players in the TV industry its obvious that they took my suggestion. I am expecting a consulting fee soon

19. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Throw some plexiglass in front of those girls and i'd pay them $1 plus transmission fees.

UEFAJason and SYoshonis repped this.
  20. texasguy377

texasguy377 New Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That tweet was made 2 days ago by Comcast not by Bein Sports. It just basically says that Comcast is in negotiations (no surprise) with Bein Sports.

21. Wog Vader

Wog Vader Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Miami Beach
    No, you're thinking of a different tweet. The one that Amador referenced was tweeted today just a few hours ago and is more promising than the Comcast tweet which was basically just "we're working with BeIn"

22. jafo1972

jafo1972 Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    beIN also had a separate tweet of their own stating that they have good news for Comcast/Xfinity subscribers and to stay tuned for more updates. This is a good sign! Some people are just Debbie Downers by nature!!!!

23. USAChrisKY

USAChrisKY Member

May 20, 2010
    Bluegrass State
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ive got a question. May be stupid I dont know. but I looked on the BeIN Schedule on thier website and seen they are showing the Viola against Udinese. and it says 3 segments beside it. What in the world is that ?

24. Amador

Amador Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I am in Dallas. The only complain is that ESPNDeportes rarely carries games or shows in HD. The comcast tweet was today. I hope the rumor for TWC is true. I dont get why FIOS does not add channels. I thought they would have the most bandwith since they go fiber to the house.

25. texasguy377

texasguy377 New Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not a "Debbie Downer". I'm a realist as opposed to pie in the sky. No reason to get everyone hopes up just to be let down until there is a definite announcement that a carriage deal has been completed.