BEIN Sports cont..

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Cantona, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I don't know your housing situation, but I don't see why you can't switch to DirecTV unless you have trees surrounding your house. If you live in an apartment or a condo, here is your legal right to satellite: http://www.fcc.gov/guides/over-air-reception-devices-rule

2. 7spencer7

7spencer7 Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Outside Boston
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That doesn't give you legal right to drill holes in a building to mount a satellite dish if you a) don't have a balcony/patio or b) don't have line of sight to the satellites from your balcony/patio. That also doesn't give you legal right to put a satellite dish on (even on a balcony/patio) if your building is considered a historic building. That does give you right to install a dish on a balcony or patio in a non-destructive manner if you do have line of sight, or if you actually own the property but belong to an HOA that outlaws satellite dishes this supersedes it.

3. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I don't know the nuances of HOA covenants since I have not owned or rented in place that has these policies. I can say that I have relatives who live in a condo complex (town homes) that had strict rules but now the place is filled with satellite dishes, so somebody found a way around the HOA, but this isn't a historic building. Line of sight is obviously the big issue, but if you have line of sight and are restricted by historic designation then the old potted satellite dish might be the way around this problem. The first dish I had was attached to a pole in a flower pot.

4. McGarnagle

McGarnagle Member+

Apr 29, 2010
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a Time Warner customer and I'll be happily shocked if I have it before the serie A games kickoff this weekend. I used to have DirecTV and I loved it, since we always got the new channels quickly. When I got an HD TV I tried to upgrade my dish and they came and couldn't get a signal strong enough for HD, because of trees blocking the view. I switched to Time Warner for HD and I've come to expect not to get new channels and services(like xbox live apps) very quickly.

5. FCBTEX

FCBTEX Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thinking about switching to DirecTV as well. I'm very happy overall with Fios but now that my original contract is up and my credits/promotions have expired, I might as well switch to satellite and get some discounts by signing a new 2 year contract. I checked out their website and I saw Bein under the Sports Pack but didn't see the HD version but can someone confirm if the HD version is under the Sports Pack?

6. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Anyone watch the Global Game today? Looks like it's a highlights show from Al Jazeera Sports with Richard Keys, Andy Gray and Les Ferdinand. Kinda cool, shows highlights from most of the La Liga games, Ligue 1 games, Serie A news and some N Power Championship highlights. Wonder if Bein will show this instead of individual highlights show for each separate league.

7. dstorm

dstorm Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The english version is in HD on channel 620 as part of the Sports Pack.

8. REBOLLOS

REBOLLOS Member

Aug 23, 1999
    Any info when we'll have the schedule for beIN en espanol?

9. Amador

Amador Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Not the biggest fan of TWC but I get espndeportes in HD and fox en español in HD also fox soccer plus is included and the Spanish package is $5. DirecTV bill was killing me never got the logic of paying for the sports pack and having to pay an extra $15 so I could get espndeportes. I hope bein comes soon to twc

10. psyer

psyer Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Early on Tuesday, Richard Keys and Andy Gray were on BeIN Sport for a highlight called The Global Games. The Global Games is produced in probably London for Al-Jazeera Sports in the Middle East and aired for both the Middle East and US.

11. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Nice! Sounds like I show I might enjoy and I'm not even a tight a$$ Brit!!! I always enjoyed Keys and Grey. Wish things didn't go the way they did because they are hard to replace in my opinion.

12. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a good deal, do you get GOLTV.

13. sfdanryan

sfdanryan Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Isn't there supposed to be an "annoucement" from the BeIN camp today? Any new providers launching? Uverse hopefully. Help a brotha out

14. forzajuve1897

forzajuve1897 New Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    ok so it would be great if Uverse would add this to their lineup as it is ridiculous to not have Serie A to watch in US other than Dish/DirecTV!!!!

ANY news would be greatly appreciated

15. 7spencer7

7spencer7 Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Outside Boston
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't take this as gospel or anything, mostly wishful thinking, but I just happened to be flipping around the channels on FIOS today and channel 596 (in the range of the sports channels) there is a new channel that doesn't yet appear in the guide and it was just broadcasting color bars. I'm hopeful that this will be BeIN.

16. dimi1963

dimi1963 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Union, NJ
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is the Olympic Soccer Channel that is still on. One good thing is that is still on after all this time so perhaps they are reserving the slot for something, hopefully beIn Sport USA.

17. Golazo

Golazo Member+

Apr 15, 1999
    Decatur, GA USA
  18. dimi1963

dimi1963 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Union, NJ
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  19. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    RAI has not confirmed if this is in fact true. Many Serie A fans have contacted RAI directly, and have not gotten an answer yet, and their guide is still showing other programming during the times of this weekend's games.

20. TobaccoMonopolyFC

Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    That was a nice little power move to grab the rights to all those CONCACAF qualifiers. They're suddenly a player.

Galactico 2.0 repped this.
  21. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dante repped this.
  22. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Thanks to beIN Sports - no thanks to ESPN, NBC Sports Network.

Someday all of the qualifiers will be on beIN Sports.

:D[/quote]

23. Galactico 2.0

Galactico 2.0 Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Miami
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [/quote]

Someday EVERYTHING will be on BEIN. Resistance is futile!

cleansheetbsc repped this.
  24. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Resistance is futile indeed. Listen to the music that is played while they show highlights of Barcelona instead of a commercial. I am worried that they are using subliminal messages. Maybe the use of Phil & Ray might have an effect. Wonder if Homeland Security is monitoring the situation.

25. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Can't wait for Fox News to do a story about Al-Jeezera showing US Soccer. Serves two purposes, their own viewers who love America (and hate soccer) and pump up their own soccer network.