beIN Sports 1 is streaming live on their website

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by kevruth, Aug 3, 2012.

1. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I don't know if "fixed" is the word I'd use for those two.

Dante, tideman and unclesox repped this.
  2. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I get this feeling that their idea of live streaming will be the current stream of the channel over their website, and that we won't see anything like FoxSoccer2Go from them. They'll charge $20 a month for it since only DirecTV and Dish will have it, and they need to make up some cash. If you want to see your team play live, and BeIN is currently showing something else, then you'll be shit out of luck, and you'll either have to wait for the game to eventually come on the channel, or you'll have to watch very unreliable illegal streams. Sounds like a winner! Where do I sign up?

3. holiday

holiday Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    the schedule page on the web site is not updated to this week.
    my personal experience on my laptop is that the replayed games work fine, but watching streams of live games is one continuous glitch. other streams don't have this problem. as is, it might not even make sense for me to pay for an online subscription.

4. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Every match that I have tried to watch live has constantly tried to change quality from higher to lower, and each time it does the game goes back about 4 seconds, so you'll hear Phil or Ray constantly repeating themselves. I've had the same problems, but not as often while watching the channel no matter what time of day it is, and it especially fluctuates quality if I try to use any other webpage beside that one. I've never experienced this problem with any of the other streaming services that I use. I know they're flying by the seat of their pants, but so far this has just been grossly disappointing. From the quality of the stream to simple things like the voiceover guy who constantly mispronounces everything from "Real Madrid" (calling them "Real" instead "Ray-al") to player names in commercials, why should I bother giving them my money and attention if they're not even going to make any kind of concerted effort on their part to make themselves look and feel real?

5. holiday

holiday Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    my experience exactly. makes it unwatchable. i was looking at the second half of reims-marseille and ended up after a few minutes switching to 'one of those websites' where they had the english espn feed, smooth and perfectly decent quality. i'm not looking to get something for free. i already pay for fsc, gol-tv, espn deportes, fox espanol, telefutura, nbcsn, univision, espn...
    but i'd like the games to be a) available and b) delivered in good quality.
    the way things are now what am i supposed to do other than watch anyway i can?

6. kalmondolgin

kalmondolgin Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Here's to hoping that BeIN streaming is set-up to allow AirPlay. Would be a nice differentiation to allow users to push games from iPhone or iPad to TV via device. Can do it now, but as stated above the overall quality is spotty. I guess it's also too much to ask for beIn streaming to be a Roku channel...

7. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    You would think they would have a listing on their Web site with a schedule. I see from their Twitter feed that they are live 30 minutes before the friendly in New York, which I am sure will feature sound problems and the like--why they can't go live with a repeat (I get the irony in that statement) so screwups can be fixed. Anyway, is there a schedule anywhere?

8. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    They have been posting daily schedules on their facebook page