beIN SPORT USA speculation thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by huhe888, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REBOLLOS

REBOLLOS Member

Aug 23, 1999
    It will be nice if everybody will focus on getting information about which providers will carry these channels. We´re getting closed to 1000 posts on 3 different treads and the only things I´m seeing are insults, possible girls hosts, Boise State Football, Georgetown basketball and the Big East etc.....with so many experts on this forum, can somebody give us a decent idea (maybe a 75% idea) where these channels will end up?
    We´re getting closed to August 1st, and I assume that "maybe" some of us will have to change providers in order to get these channels, but after 4 or 5 months we´re still waiting.......in my opinion this is ridiculous......

2. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    see, there's your problem right there.

you're lost, and you've misidentified who else may be populating this forum.

3. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    DIRECTV is the best bet from all the "tells" I have observed:

• Sports Pack for beIN SPORT 1 USA ($13/month)
    • Spanish-language en Español add-on ($14.95/month) or the more expensive DirecTV Más packages for beIN SPORT Dos.

August 17 is more likely instead of August 1 in my opinion so that DIRECTV can save a few pennies for starting 0.5 months late, as La Liga starts play on August 18.

--

I am guessing, and only guessing, that Comcast will be the other MSO on board on or around August 17.

4. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    This wouldn't be a problem except that ESPN Deportes likes to carry European football on its HD channel in a letterboxed format instead of true, anamorphic 16:9.

Here's hoping they abandon this practice.

5. Fulham9

Fulham9 Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Miller is stupid if he thought he would get ESPN numbers on NBCSN.

6. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    Has there been any indication or proof that Miller actually thought (or said) that?

7. Fulham9

Fulham9 Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Houston, Texas, USA
    None. I was just making the point that 300k would have been a completely unrealistic expectation by NBC. Assuming that NBC isn't run by idiots, this casts serious doubt upon Oliver's statement that they were hoping for 300k per match.

8. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    gotcha.

And I was just making the point that it is probably better and more helpful to generally post in a fashion that presumes the "idiocy/stupidity/uninformed--ness" of BS posters, rather than in a fashion that supposes the "idiocy/stupidity" of people that actually run these networks and media operations and are involved with the actual decision-making and goal-setting.

9. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agree 100% all this NBC big east stuff on hear has to be one of the
    Biggest peace of BS I have ever read on big soccer

10. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oliver I have to ask this do you have anything better to do in your life than to go on big soccer and post photos of women and type the same stuff over and over again. I bet you if I was to ask anyone on hear do they give a crap about the photos I will say 98% would say no. so please stop posting these photos and until you got a link to all this NBC stuff please stop posting.

11. ccg3332

ccg3332 Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    What's the point of giving out information when the obnoxious obsessed freaks think you are someone on another forum. Please, unless you are on topic stop saying I am someone i am not.

Now on topic. I believe, not 100% or confirmed. just my opinion that DirecTV will reach a deal with beIN before aug 1.

12. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    Thank you "ccg3332" for hanging around despite having to deal with a handful of obnoxious old cretins who are doing their best to chase you away.

A reminder to everyone that I have signed a non-disclosure agreement (NDA), so I am not allowed to post certain details.

Every "tell" I have observed from anyone who has ACTUAL knowledge of the MSO negotiations corroborate with what "ccg3332" posted above:

DIRECTV will be the launch partner of beIN SPORT 1 & Dos (USA)

I believe August 17 is more likely than August 1, but I am OK with either start date.

La Liga begins on August 18.

Not having Ligue 1 during the weekend of August 10-12 is not that big an issue with me.

13. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    hahha now this is a new level for attention seeking. oliver you are so pathetic that you have two accounts and you are defending your self

14. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    hahha now this is a new level for attention seeking. oliver you are so pathetic that you have two accounts and you are defending your self

15. UEFAJason

UEFAJason Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Do you think the Turkish League matches involving Galatasaray, Fenerbahce, and Besiktas would work on beIN? How about Al-Ahly on with the Egyptian league?

16. ccg3332

ccg3332 Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    NP huhe.

BS moderators can verify i've been using the same static ip since I registered, they can also check it is NOT proxy but from TWC.

Btw - PSG are on the verge of acquiring Ibrahimovic and Silva from AC Milan - things are def getting interesting with Youssef and his entourage.

17. ccg3332

ccg3332 Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Jason at the moment it is too early for that, Turkish League is involved in a too many match-fixing scandals, as for Al-Ahly I don't think it would get the ratings it needs to survive.

18. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    but oliver always say here that bein need epl to get to directv because if there is no epl there is no bein anywhere. this guy is full of bs that is not funny now but annoying and frustrating reading all these lies

19. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    Moderators can also check that I am not using a proxy, and that my IP address is with AT&T DSL.

20. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is an ironic statement considering BeIn already signed historically one of the most corrupt leagues in all of sports in Serie A.

21. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    From a PowerPoint slide I prepared overnight waiting to change planes at IAH airport 18 days ago:

beIN SPORT 1 without EPL: Sports Tier, 10-15 million households, $0.08-0.12/subscriber/month

beIN SPORT 1 with EPL: digital basic (DIRECTV Choice Xtra) or better, 50-60 million households, $0.25-0.30/subscriber/month

beIN SPORT 1 with EPL and men's college basketball + college football (i.e. BIG EAST): digital basic or expanded basic, 60-80 million households, over $0.30/subscriber/month

22. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    you are full of bs what is epl now 10-15 mill on fox soccer and 1 game a week at espn that has 100+ milliopn of subscribers and still only 200k( i am being nice) watch epl.bein will be on sport package same place where fox soccer is. i want to ask anybody who knows media is epl any kind of a player in anything in usa i mean fox soccer has to pay companies to show their commercials on fox soccer no major company wants to show their products on fox soccer if epl is a such a player in usa you would think companies would lining up to sow their product where eyes are

23. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    GOLTV is in 13 million households: 9 million in sports packs, 4 million in Spanish-language tiers. Not available on DISH. How many sports pack subs will GOLTV lose by September? Don't know yet.

FOX Soccer is in 41 million households: expanded basic or digital basic on Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Bright House Networks, and DISH; sports pack on DIRECTV, Comcast, and most others.

24. ccg3332

ccg3332 Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes Serie A has its share of corrupt problems but IT does not go unnnoticed. they actually investigate and charge teams/persons involved, something other leagues do not do because they know their reputation would take a big hit.

25. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    so i guess bein will be in 35 mill people directv ,twc , dish probably because they have aljazeera and comcast only place where bein will not be is bright house network