beIN Sport Officially Launches Streaming Service

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Dante, May 10, 2013.

1. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    update on Fios getting Bein play Bein told me on FB they are working with Verizon fios and hope to be abel to offer bein play on Verizon soon

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  2. Cantona

Cantona Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Texas/Luton/Manc
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Interesting that last nights boxing match on BeIN was a direct SkySports feed.. This happens all the time on their Mideast channel but this was the first time any SkySports product was shown in the USA on their channel...Will we see SkySports news on BeIN? Fox1 will not be able to broadcast SkySports news... So this is an interesting development ...

On another note Andy Grey and Richard Keys are close to signing with AlJazeera... I wonder if that will change the commentary boothe here in the USA ... Lets hope

Cantona---

3. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    It would be interested to see how it develops. I remember Grey did a decent job for ESPN during Euro 2008.

4. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I thought they already worked for Al Jazeera? I was hoping to hear about Gray turning up on NBC on occasion but I can live with this if it means less quality for Ian Joy.

5. Cantona

Cantona Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Texas/Luton/Manc
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    They freelance right now..in pundit roles.. Now AlJazeera are looking to tie them down exclusively.. Which I hope means in the commentary boothe.. At least for Grey. Yes Ian Joy started well.. But he has turned out to be a poor mans Andy Grey... His use of the quality is one of the most annoying phrases out there.

Cantona---

R1PP and Dante repped this.
  6. R1PP

R1PP Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Swarthmore, PA
    Why not? Because they aren't allowed or because they have chosen not to?

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    They will probably do more in house highlight shows that are similar to ESPN's sports center. They want this Sports Network to be like ESPN.

8. Cantona

Cantona Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Texas/Luton/Manc
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    NBC has stated they will not sub license any rights to the Premier league... And with the amount of non match content they are going to provide.. Ala MOTD.. There is no reason they would let Sky Sports continue...it would not be in their best interest... The only wildcard is BeIN Sport... They are slated to use more Sky Sport direct feeds.. They may want to include Sky Sport News for their everlasting inventory.. NBC would not be able to ignore that payday.. Especially with the limited carriage they have.. It might be a win win.

Cantona---

9. Rivaldinho

Rivaldinho Member

Jan 26, 2003
    The only thing NBC could block on Sky Sports News would be the Premier League highlights. Sky Sports News only shows highlights of the weekday matches that Sky Sports broadcasts, so it wouldn't take much editing to remove a single highlight pack once a week.

But that is beside the point. North American sports networks let other channels show highlights of their events (with the exception of the Olympics). NBC won't end that convention for Premier League highlights. If NBC did, they'd run the risk that Fox would prevent NBC from showing highlights from Fox properties like the NFL or MLB.

I doubt Fox wants to put Sky Sports News on Fox Sports 1, but they might show it on Fox Soccer Plus if that channel continues to focus on soccer and rugby.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  10. SirJamesBond

SirJamesBond Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Franklin, TN
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why would BeIn want Sky Sports News?

they focus almost exclusively on british sports/leagues whereas BeIn is more of a continental europe channel

i would think if anything they would show Eurosport news

11. Cantona

Cantona Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Texas/Luton/Manc
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

It DOES take a lot of editing/production time to blank out highlights...especially for live broadcasts... And it has happened before when ESPN would not allow Fox how Sky Sports news on Fox show UEFA CL highlights... Soccer is treated very differently.. Than basketball or baseball..

Al Jazeera show blocks of Sky Sports on their Mideast channel and African channels... So it would be a fit for BeIN ... But again.. Where would they put it.., they need another channel.

Cantona---

12. Rivaldinho

Rivaldinho Member

Jan 26, 2003
    I think you're wrong. I remember seeing Champions League highlights on Sky Sports News when ESPN had the rights and Fox Soccer Report always had Champions League highlights.

13. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes SSN did show CL highlights back then, but a ''courtesy of ESPN" graphic was added.

Rivaldinho repped this.