BeIN Sport cont.... AGAIN

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Cantona, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Who is them?

2. Carson Galaxy

Carson Galaxy Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Downey, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their suitcases and their contents.

3. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Why are phil&ray calling barcelona-athletic game if real-atletico is the #1 game of the day? Isn't the A team supposed to call best game of the day. I'm sure Messi's mother doesn't have such high opinion of him like I heard today.

4. Cpt_K

Cpt_K Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It makes sense to me that beIN gave Bodo the Madrid game given that he played for Madrid. When Barca and Madrid play on the same day and are playing comparable teams like Athletic and Atletico Phil and Ray should call the Barca game & Ross and Bodo should call the Madrid game given Bodo's ties.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  5. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    just watching fsc and they saying how norwich scored a barca like goal and then they say great long ball. then on bein greates play of the day was from betis player but inler goal lot better then betis player. these chanels are so biased. epl la liga both 2 horse races but serie a still get no attention for having 5 teams in race but fsc is trying to promote french league

6. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I was at parents' house yesterday in Philly, and they have Comcast. While I was flipping around, I decided to check out the beIN Spanish channel, and I immediately noticed that it was in HD. I didn't think the Spanish version was going to be available in HD on Comcast. I wonder if it's just Comcast of Philadelphia that has it like this, or if there are other Comcast systems out there that have it.

7. R1PP

R1PP Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Swarthmore, PA
    Can't believe this still isn't on Fios?!!?!?!

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    French league has 7 teams still in title-race.

9. TJNash

TJNash Member

May 22, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll just confuse him by citing facts.

10. jhernandez86

jhernandez86 Member

Sep 22, 2004
    The argument againts Serie A right now is lack of name brand players, Like Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao, Ronney or Chicharito. In addition, Serie A teams are know for playing too much defence which can turn a good match in to a sleeper.

In my memory, I am still remembering a Champions final between Juventus and AC milan. Finall score 0-0 and Juventus won on penalties. Now the reason why I remember this game, is because it was the must boring game in champions league history. But that is my opinion.

11. richardfromnyc

Apr 6, 2009
    New York
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This is how BosnaInter thinks "Serie A is the greatest & most popular league in the world, the only reason it is not reported that way is because FSC, ESPN, and now Bein Sport have a secret agenda to spread EPL propaganda. Everyone else is biased but BosnaInter"

BTW - 6 month ago - the biggest cheerleader of BeinSport? Yes, the same BosnaInter who is now trashing it.

MetroChile and Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  12. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    what about man u chelsea final that finished 0 0. most exiting league right now is serie a and then ligue 1. la liga ad epl are two horse races and fox knows it and bein knows it. just imagine if epl and la liga were tight as serie a and ligue 1 they would talk about every day saying how much parity they have

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Besides Barca and Real, nobody cares about La Liga.

As for playing defense, it's clear you don't watch Serie A... Just this weekend we saw 3-0, 3-1, 5-1, 4-1 and 4-2 score lines.

You're memory is a little shoddy, Juve lost to Milan on pk's. Milan had a goal called back with Pirlo hitting the post. Conte had a shot rattle the crossbar, the first half was exciting, the second half they got more conservative.

I'd day last years CL was quite boring too, watching Chelsea park the bus was a snoozer.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  14. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Zeman's Roma is almost too exciting but the old power teams like Inter and AC Milan aren't anywhere near their recent glory. Even Juve has no real global stars aside of Pirlo and clubs like Napoli and Fiorentina just do not get the eyeballs.

Plus, a third of their bottom clubs can't compete against the big boys and will bunker mercilessly.

There's still a lot of overall talent in the league but it's not an easily acquired taste.

TJNash and Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  15. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    but valencia villareal betis malaga or liverpool arsenal chelsea totenham they have stars and italian sides do not and they much better then inter fiorentina roma lazio napoli milan. please epl la liga are all hype and 2 team race championship. italy is more even and more spread out championship.

16. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Proper punctuation can be your friend.

MetroChile repped this.
  17. jhernandez86

jhernandez86 Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Hey do not bit my head off. I listen to tons of spanish shows, where this issue is argue, and the overwhelming response has been that Serie A lack start talent and it is too defensive.

And my opinion is my opinion. I do watch Serie A due to the amount of Colombians playing in Serie A, and honestly I go back to the days where PBS use to broadcast Serie A in channel thirteen in NYC.

And I do remember the better days of Serie A. Now, One comment about La liga, La Liga is not popular with the Anglo community in the United States, but La liga is very popular among the Latino community. La liga is not just Barcelona and Madrid. There are plenty of good games to watch.

And the reason why Fox, ESPN, Goltv do not advertise Serie A is because it is no longer their brand.

beIN is actually doing a good job on the english channels "beIN HD".

And yes, I was wrong about the final score, Milan won in penalties. And I did watch MU vs Chealse in London, and the game was not boring at all. 0-0 does not mean boring, is what happens in the 90 minutes. Plays, intensity, and tactics is what makes a good soccer game. a 6-0 can be a boring game too.

18. jhernandez86

jhernandez86 Member

Sep 22, 2004

because they lack talent.

19. jhernandez86

jhernandez86 Member

Sep 22, 2004
    ;-) yes, I took a while, but I am getting the point

20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course they're going to say it, it's like watching English shows where the EPL is the only league on the planet and nothing comes close. Then when an English team is embarrassed by a team from the continent it's all excuses. The same happens in other countries, Italy included.

You're right, your opinion is your opinion... just as mine is mine.

Let's be honest though, besides Barca and Real Madrid you see very few people supporting other La Liga teams. You might see a Betis, or Deportivo fan, but you'll never see a Rayo Vallecano, Levante, Osasuna or Valladolid fan unless they're from Spain.

Of course, same goes with beIN, you never hear anything about the EPL.

I'd say that's a matter of opinion. As someone who got to watch 98% of the Juve games live last year on FSC or FS+ I'd say they're doing a terrible job.

I was talking about last years game, not ManU vs Chelsea.

21. richardfromnyc

Apr 6, 2009
    New York
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    They do talk about the EPL on BEIN Sport on the Locker Room show. They bring on Andy Gray (remember him?) to talk about EPL issues of the day.

22. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Huh? The ManUtd-Chelsea cl final finished 1-1.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried watching an episode, never made it that far. After the creaming they all had over Messi and Ronaldo for 20 minutes I changed the channel.

24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I find this a particularly annoying thing about soccer coverage in the USA. Namely, over-hyping matches in leagues which a channel covers while ignoring leagues that they don't cover. Thus there are no soccer news shows which cover the full world of soccer.

I had to turn off Fox Soccer News last night because they said, and I quote, "everything to play for when PSG hosts Porto tomorrow." :rolleyes: Actually very little to play for but thanks for playing us for a bunch of fools.

25. richardfromnyc

Apr 6, 2009
    New York
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    FSC, GolTV are not running a public service. Seems totally reasonable to me that they would primarily cover the Leagues that are on their channel. Plus I imagine that FSC and GolTV are running on very limited budgets and it cost manpower and paying fees for Highlights on other channels to do this.

TJNash repped this.