BeIN Sport cont.... AGAIN

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Cantona, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I'm pretty sure ESPND is not true HD anywhere. Just putting "ESPN HD Deportes" in the bottom-left corner doesn't make it HD.

2. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Liga MX game last night (Morelia v. Santos) looked pretty damn good on my TV. :thumbsup:

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I subscribed to it during Euro 2012 and everything I can recall was in HD. All the games were in HD, the studio shows were in HD and repeats of other games (not Euro 2012 games) were in HD. They even had baseball on and that was in HD. ESPN doesn't do HD half assed.

4. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't their a thread where you can check what games are on for that day and channel?

I remember old BS had something like that.

5. Kevin121

Kevin121 New Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    The issue with SAP in North Texas is yes there is SAP on BeIN n or what ever you want to call it but it is only on the SD feed the HD feed is missing SAP and I am betting it is a beIN issue and probably won't get fixed.

6. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Eredivisie coverage on Deportes, while great, isn't in HD.

7. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's probably better than the SD widescreen with "ESPN DEPORTES" pillarboxes I get on U-Verse. Let me go into detail:

I have a 16x9 TV.
    The picture is SD 16x9 (like what GOL TV used to be.)
    The 16x9 SD picture has the black bars on the sides, making it a 4x3 SD image inside a 16x9 SD image.

It's brutal.

8. GalacticoX4

GalacticoX4 Member+

Jun 2, 2004
    Time Warner Los Angeles? anybody getting Bein yet? I'm not getting anything.

9. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Still a work in progress apparently.

10. Carson Galaxy

Carson Galaxy Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Downey, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Channel Lineup on TWC website shows nothing for LA (zip code 90242) while Bein does show up on the NYC channel lineup (using zip code 10001).

What a Mickey Mouse operation they are. Completely f'ed up.

11. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nothing here in 90031/90042 and I agree big time Mickey Mouse Operation

12. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anyone on TWC have success getting English commentary on BeIN ñ via SAP? I can't get it to work.

13. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That is great news. Who did roma-lazio today. I miss richard whittle!!

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was Hudson and Schoen sadly.

15. richardfromnyc

Apr 6, 2009
    New York
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    at least Paul Visca did Milan V. Fiorentina

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  16. GalacticoX4

GalacticoX4 Member+

Jun 2, 2004
    Yeah wild, and sad as i really enjoy spanish football. And i haven't read the whole thread but seems like bein possibly isn't even playing the some spanish league games live on the English channel. OR at least that's what i gather from reading a few posts. Regardless, tired of it, illegal streams for me and downloads. sucks but whatever. But crazy that it's so hard to see the two best players on the planet.

Sidenote. great first round win by your Galaxy tonight against Seattle. Mike Mcgee sure shows up in the post season and Donovan and Keane's movement was great. They were rampant.

17. jhernandez86

jhernandez86 Member

Sep 22, 2004
    I am on the Same boat

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    This is a transition phase. In the long-run, I have no doubt that all La Liga fans will benefit from beIN purchasing the exclusive rights to show that league here.

Also, lets not criticize beIN for something we never had in the GolTV/ESPN-La Liga era either. "All La Liga games live"?? We never had that.

19. Ferdinand Cesarano

NYCFC
    Sep 21, 2005
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes, those are the channel locations for the HD channels. But I don't have HD service, nor an HD set.

(By the way, sorry for the delay in responding. The alerts for this watched thread are not arriving in my e-mail inbox for some reason.)

20. Ferdinand Cesarano

NYCFC
    Sep 21, 2005
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Right. I mean, the sport's similarity to football (soccer) is striking; but it's far more high-scoring. Yet it is not as high-scoring as basketball. So, I will be happy to see it when it comes on again, and to learn about the clubs and the competitions.

During the few days that the channel was available to me several weeks ago, there was a match scheduled for the upcoming days. However, the channel disappeared before the match rolled around; so I never saw it. But I was able to add the matches and the highlight show to my series list; so my DVR will record the next matches that are shown.

21. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    FWIW, I always thought that, when an attacking player took three steps, then suspended himself in the air as to not to land in the "paint" and contorted himself to a shot was one of the coolest sports moves.

22. Ferdinand Cesarano

NYCFC
    Sep 21, 2005
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Right. That particular move is very reminiscent of lacrosse -- which is another sport (whether indoor or outdoor) that I really like watching.

23. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have one of the top clubs in the country in your own backyard. The New York City Team Handball Club has won multiple national championships. You can see some of their games here.

I quite enjoy team handball as well. Broadcast it for a while.

24. Ferdinand Cesarano

NYCFC
    Sep 21, 2005
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wow, thanks! I will look into that!

It's too bad that this really cool sport files so far under the radar in the crowded U.S. sports landscape, and that there is no domestic or North American / Pan-American league.

Where / when did you broadcast this, Kenn?

25. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I have spanish channel only and don't see handball on the schedule yet. I hope they add it to the n lineup also. I haven't seen entire 60 minutes of a handball game for 15 years.