Beckham vs. Adu

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by flippin269, Feb 19, 2007.

1. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Becks was the MOTM in today's Real Madrid - Bayern Munich CL duel. Maybe Freddy will someday be at that level, maybe not. Right now, for 2007, Becks is the man. If he retains his fitness and motivation, he'll be the best player MLS ever had ... in addition to the off-the-field marquee stuff.

I don't know how long he can last but at the moment he'll be good value indeed for MLS, and a justifiably better draw than anybody else in the league.

2. Quake87

Quake87 New Member

May 19, 2001
    San Jose
    Beckham is just class. He should be starting on any of the top teams in the world, not just every team but the top 5-6. He is still making professional players look ridiculous on the ball. His work rate will not go down and he will only give his all to the Galaxy.

The next question is when is (if) England going to recall him?

Adu needs a few more years to develop still, cant make a prediction on how good he will be yet.

3. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    :( I thought this thread was going to be who would win in a fight. For the record I think my dad could beat up your dad.

4. Highbury

Highbury Member

May 13, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the record, my highschool football team would kill your highschool football team.

Beckham was class tonight against Bayern.

5. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    McClaren would be foolish to not invite Beckham to his squad, or even start for England the way he's been playing as of late.

Speaking of nationals, I wonder when Adu will finally make the US squad.

6. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
    Individually Beckham is more important for MLS's respect I think. Overall, signing and holding on to top young players will have the bigger impact in the long run.