Beckham talking players (future Miami MLS player thread)

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by SoccerPrime, Dec 17, 2013.

1. PhillyWild

PhillyWild Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Miami
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just turned 24, so we're talking about JA at 27-28ish. Maybe he'll find the level of success that he's looking for, or maybe he burns out and is already back in MLS. I'm sure that he'll be at the top of any list that the team would have, simply for his South Florida connections. And he IS talented, we're not talking about a scrub player.

2. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Altidore is a local but I don't think he'd be worthy of a DP slot in Miami simply because his name wouldn't draw the attention of many in SoFla, regardless of his status as a member of the USMNT.

Now, if the DP slots are raised to 5 or 6 by 2017, then Altidore could absolutely be a DP for Team Miami.

futbol in Miami repped this.
  3. waltlantz

waltlantz Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Sigh, DPs DPs

It's good to start out with but I wanna see what they'll do for HGPs. Isn't there like a ton of talent there in SoFla? Rearing young HGPs and having them hit the big time is what I think is key for REALLY getting good fan attention.

4. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes and watch them go to europe knowing that he was from Miami, that would be awesome, that's his home team was miami, hell yea!!

5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beckham made a point during the press conference to say they would have an academy and do their best to find local talent. For what it's worth.

6. waltlantz

waltlantz Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Well that's good, because I think that is what is key to getting MLS to the next level in terms of fan recognition outside the current believers.

7. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They'd be fools not to do that. Altidore, Bedoya, Chung and Gibbs grew up in that region. It's still a bit untapped. It could do with more organization.

futbol in Miami repped this.
  8. 4four4

4four4 Member+

Nov 13, 2013
    Land of 10,000 Lakes
    I am under the impression every MLS team has to have a local academy? Correct?

9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is correct, MLS has directed all of its teams to have an academy. However, if you gander at the clubs doing it today, not all MLS academies are created equally. Lets hope Becks wasn't just saying a PR line. As one of the most successful academy products that world soccer has ever seen, one would think Beckham is telling the truth about Miami having a great academy.

Can anyone name other local soccer products? Deejay mentioned Bedoya and everyone knows Jozy Altidore. Any more?

10. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    There aren't as many Miami products as there should be. When they do impact the national scene they are pretty good products, though. That tells me that there are kids getting significant soccer PT and just need a guiding hand in their development. The region does have all the trappings of a talent hot spot. Large soccer loving immigrant population from the Caribbean and South America. Big metro population ranked 8th in the country. Year round soccer playing weather. The missing piece, I believe, is an organized academy system to work with the kids. There is no distinguished soccer academy in Miami that I know of. Also, just a few hours north and you have Central Florida which has had a lot more pro players come through from less population (Cunningham, Zusi, McCarthy, McMath, Subotic, Nolly). That region obviously has Bradenton and is also an area hosting many youth tournaments which seems to have resulted in better academies IMO.

11. krusso

krusso Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    After watching today Champion's League match between Atlético Madrid and AC Milan, two of my DP slots would be for Raúl Garcia and Diego Costa!

12. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am glad we are all setting realistic expectations! ;)

13. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, Diego Costa the striker or Diego the midfielder? I'd rather get Diego the midfielder, I believe the key to building up a successful team is having great midfielders, and that guy is good as f*%#

14. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its against Chelsea

15. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sorry. didnt check the date!

17. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel building a solid defence is the way to start. once thats settled then build the midfield.

18. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, any new kit ideas and colors, damn you Royal Carribean and the opposition

19. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe motes and Donavan would be an awesome fit in Miami

20. Effington

Effington Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I thought I read that Kaka was going to join the team?

21. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing is impossible but Orlando has more connections and have said many times Kaka was their DP target.