Beauty and Brains.

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by usscouse, May 29, 2012.

1. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I found this interesting and worth sharing.

Heddy Lamarr the '40's movie beauty was also an inventor, in her spare time of course. I thought with all the women who have made movies over the years, it seems not all are bimbos.

She certainly had the beauty and if you watch the clip you'll see the other side.
    [​IMG]

2. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Ms. Lamarr was also famous for shedding all her clothes for a very nude bathing scene before the censorship board was formed, to prevent such things occurring. There is much to like about Ms. Lamarr.

Natalie Portman won a top science contest in high school and kicked butt at Harvard.

Now find me an example who's not Jewish. ;)

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Jill St John had/has an IQ of 162. Of course, she doesn't conform to JohnR's "no Jewish girls" rule. ;)

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Danica McKellar graduated from UCLA summa cum laude in mathematics and co-authored a scientific paper that led to the "Chayes–McKellar–Winn theorem" (named after her and co-authors Professor Lincoln Chayes and fellow student Brandy Winn).

-G

5. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

I know only actresses have been mentioned so far, but Mira Aroyo of the electronic music group Ladytron has also published articles in microbiology journals.

6. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Oh I forgot the Blossom actress who is now on Big Bang Theory. She has a PhD out of UCLA in some science. One more for the Jewish girls.

Jill St. John? Sweet.