BBVA Compass Stadium - all events - 2013

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Jan 10, 2013.

1. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all know now that, although BBVA is a stadium for the Dynamo, it is not the Dynamo's stadium. The turf last weekend showed you that...

2. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The biggest reason is this: The Dynamo and UH are not exactly friends. It's rumored that when UH approached the FO about games that there were those who wanted to tell them to get lost...money prevailed, though.

3. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Naranja With Attitude. Straight Outta Houston.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    So the Coogs want to play in a 22,000 seat stadium rather than playing in a 50,000+ seat stadium.

Not surprised by this, I understand that they don't want to play in their bitter rivals' home stadium. That's like Club America playing their home matches at either Estadio Azul (Cruz Azul) or Estadio Olímpico Universitario (Pumas).

4. redinthemorning

redinthemorning Member+

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you been to Rice lately? The infrastructure is even worse than the Rob, without any of the openness.

5. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot I saw this about the UH game last weekend. I saw a bit of the game and it was chewed up pretty good.

*rey* repped this.
  6. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Naranja With Attitude. Straight Outta Houston.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    ^I ever wondered what will happen if the Kansas Jayhawks played at Sporting Park or Rutgers playing at Red Bull Arena or Villanova plays at PPL Park.

7. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's really ironic that UH is playing in our stadium and complaining about the condition of the field, isn't it?

El Naranja and Beavis Stiffler repped this.
  8. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From day 1 i have wondered if we got the right grass. We have TifGrand vs the standard Tifsport. Not sure why we picked something different. TifGrand spose to have better shade tolerance, but I wouldnt think thats a big deal for us.