BBVA Compass Stadium - all events - 2012

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Apr 20, 2012.

1. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    think about it-UIL makes you teach to be a coach (unlike most states)-thus fringe sports like soccer and lacrosse aren't going to have decent coaches in the school for the most part since they have to teach. If the soccer coach is really good he can make his money running a club as opposed to having to slave away for what they pay teacher/coaches in state public schools. Thus the the better coaching in these sports are going to be outside of the public schools.
    Wanna change it-then pressure UIL to allow non teachers to coach after school. But then the money argument comes in again. So that probably wouldn't work either. Money talks, kaka walks.

2. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy crap... I'm hearing we should have an announcement sometime in the next 24 hours.

The_Ponce repped this.
  3. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate your ********ing guts for getting my hopes up. You don't realize how much disappointed I'm going to be if it's not true!

4. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK... then I made it all up. And Santa Claus isn't real. Not that you have to worry about Christmas since the world is ending Friday. Ponce expectations: managed.

El Naranja, JC507 and The_Ponce repped this.
  5. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YES! I like that better! :D

6. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, UH put up their football stadium renderings the other day and it is about 40K capacity (allegedly expandable to 60K but that won't happen in my lifetime). But when you look at it, the $140M cost, the capacity (which I'm sure with some creative design could have been made to be more intimate for say 25K for a soccer match), and what the Dynamo spent on BBVA Compass, there had to be a way for the two parties to jointly build something that made more sense than two separate modern stadiums 3 miles apart. Especially since UH only plays 6-7 home games a year max.

I know that the way the revenue streams and venue control work that it would have been extraordinarily difficult - and the two organizations may not have gotten along - but I can't help but think UH really is pissing serious money away here fully at risk when they could have worked with the Dynamo on something.