Bayernliga, Juvie A, CelttishPL, Osuperlympiaceece and other close races - The Other Teams thread [R

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by os_mutante, Feb 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    The idiot fans were booing Sunderland for time wasting...my gawd are they even aware of the irony of that....

2. R.Baggio

R.Baggio Member

Apr 22, 2013
    I Love Sunder-********ing-Land.

ShortyMac repped this.
  3. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Monday 21 April
    Vicente Calderon
    Mandatory UEFA pre-match interview/press conference/rant
    Guess who
    "We arrive here in Madrid... wisth... a tremendous disadvantage... we play our league game on Saturday... and Atletico get to play on Friday... and so they get extra 24 hours rest... and I sthink back to last season... when I ask Spanish Federation to play Clasico match on Friday... because we have to travel to Old Trafford... very tough venue to get a result... their supporters are among the best on the planet... but I am denied and we are forced to play on Saturday... but now...... when Mourinho is the opposition... and Atletico ask to play on Friday... Spanish Federation wanst to help them... I am not saying bad things about Spanish Federation... I don't know about their agenda, I cannot speak of this... but the facts are the facts... and so... we arrive here in Madrid with big disadvantage... but I know my players what they can do... I know my players will give their all... I know my players will do their best... and we will make the best of the situation... and hopefully come away with a good result."

MavadoDribblez, Dhajj, jfcule and 4 others repped this.
  4. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    #779 waitforit, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    Sunderland played on Wednesday at City. I wonder if some journalist will tell him that.
    I sometimes wish journalists asked better questions. Like when he went in the rant about Pep and how he has clean CL trophies unlike Pep. Someone should have asked him about Bojan.

:ROFLMAO:

inswinger repped this.
  5. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #780 inswinger, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    My favorite comments on Chelsea vs. Sunderland:

"Borini scored his most important goal for Liverpool."

"You'll never walk a loan."

:D

And there goes Mou's 77-game home unbeaten record in the BPL. :x3:

[​IMG]

6. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  7. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I can't imagine what he will say if Chelsea has someone sent off. It's safe to say that the vast majority of everyone on this forum will be cheering for Atletico on Tuesday. I have to say now that Mourinho isn't here messing up La Liga with his mind games, he's gone back to being very entertaining for me.

8. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

Dhajj repped this.
  9. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Eat a ****** Granada

ShortyMac repped this.
  10. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Seriously. Eat a bag of d***s, Granada.

ShortyMac repped this.
  11. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No idea why, and I know it's wishful thinking, but I can't shake the feeling that LPB will drop points at J. Zorrilla tomorrow.

12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    City is tthe same situation like us, they must win their next 2 games or the title is Liverpool.

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, City are only 3 points behind Liverpool AND they are essentially in second place (their 2 games in hand are WBA and Aston Villa, both at home) so I would say City are in much better shape than Barca. Especially if you look at Liverpool's schedule - > there is definitely potential for dropped points there. But at least Chelsea are out of it. That was always priority #1.

14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    3 points behind if you're assuming they win their next 2 games. But City dropped points twice in recent months when they easily could have been no.1 right now. Chelsea also lost recently against team like QPR and Sunderland. I wont assume they're winning these next 2 games easily. They draw one of them then they're 5 points behind the leader.

15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    True anything can happen of course .... BUT Barca need 2 teams ahead of them to drop points which makes their situation twice as difficult IMO. City just need Liverpool to screw-up once and things will be back in their own hands.

Both Barca and City have pretty tough schedules and are playing like shit so I wouldn't bet a penny on either of them to win their league (just to be clear :D).

16. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dhajj repped this.
  17. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Can someone explain why LPB aren't playing tonight?

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    They play in CL on Wednesday and its forbidden for Spanish teams to play 2 games with less than 2 off-days in-between. So match was moved to 7 May. Barca's match with Bilbao was also going to be played on 7 May if they advanced to the semis in the CL, but since they suck their calendar is now wide-open.

Edit: Well, if Demichelis scores on you, you're well beaten. 3-1 now for Man City after half an hour. That will pull them to within a point of Chelsea with still a (easy) game in hand

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY

CHELSEA...

under Rafa Benitez last season: 2.02 points per game (43 matches)
    under Mourinho this season: 2.08 points per game (48 matches)

Amazing how 0.06 PPG can be the difference between a laughing stock whose own fans constantly chanted "You're just a fat, Spanish waiter" at, and the greatest and most loved manager in the history of the club!! Not to mention, Mou had a proper preseason where he could buy whoever he wanted while Rafa was thrown into a slumping team that was just eliminated from the CL group-stage.

Amusing post-match interviews really count, eh?

Dhajj and R.Baggio repped this.
  20. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Compared to last season, Chelsea's record in big games this season have been terrific.

I mean, they have beaten City twice, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal and United, while with Benitez they could not even manage to win half of these games. It's the games against relegation sides/mid-table teams, they screwed up. Losing to Newcastle (LOL), Stoke and Villa is inexcusable.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Not fully comparable. I mean, Rafa came on in late-November so he only had one crack against most of those teams you listed. And he had a good record against those teams. Look it up again. Not the humor in the post-match interviews, but the actual results: beat Everton (twice), beat Arsenal, tied Liverpool away, beat Man Utd (twice) and won the Europa League.

R.Baggio repped this.
  22. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Köln defeat Bochum 3:1 to guarantee top flight football next season! :)
    Hope we kick Pep's ass! :p

Dhajj repped this.
  23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Ah crap! David Silva with a bad-looking injury. His World Cup could be in doubt. Oh boy, do Spain need him!

24. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You gotta love Man.city fans today :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]