Bayernliga, Juvie A, CelttishPL, Osuperlympiaceece and other close races - The Other Teams thread [R

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by os_mutante, Feb 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    you are funny guy :D have a good day.

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Bale is a good player, but that was basically a Theo Walcott-like goal. And against B-team players also. Not sure what everyone is spazzing out over.

And it was about time, Bale. In Madrid's 7 big games this season (Barca x 3, Atleti x 2, Dortmund x 2), that was the first one where Bale really played well. If he had better performances against Barca and Atleti in the league, Madrid would probably be in first place now. Just sayin'...

3. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

no no. i was talking not about dat goal but wales vs argentina, like in that picture. ;) where messi is saying see you in WC,oh wait.. of course it always easy for Argentina to participate in WC with players like Messi, Di MARIA, Aguero, Pipita, Mascherano and so on. Wales only has Bale and Ramsey

4. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

Dhajj repped this.
  5. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting, the "ultimate 11" for the world cup has 3 each from Bayern (2 homegrown) and Real (0 homegrown), 2 each from ManC (0 homegrown) and Barca (2 homegrown), and 1 for PSG (yeah, the one we were all set to buy 2 summers ago). Shows how dominant the strong and financially well off clubs are (of course it also likely impacts the voters).

Country wise it is Germany with 3, Brazil, Argentina, and Spain with 2 each, Ivory Coast and Portugal 1 each. http://espnfc.com/ultimatexi?cc=5901

6. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    iirc Uruguay was one of the first countries where football was ''imported'', I think you can't compare those 2 countries as the one has a much, much better football history than the other country.

7. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Yes I can't compare it to Wales one of those countries that are part of the International Football Association Board aka the guys that write the Laws of the Game and its FA, the 3rd oldest national association in the world

8. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    what I meant is this.

Uruguay: 2 WC trophies, 3x 4th place
    Wales: 1x quarter-final; not qualified for a World Cup for 42 years.

9. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I'm torn.. Win for AM or dropped points? :confused:

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Obviously an AM win is preferred.

11. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Yeah cause I don't see LPB drop more points.

Penalty for AM :)

Villa misses :eek:

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Penalty!!

Villa misses! Terrible penalty! WTF? Let Costa take it.

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I think AM are only 4 for 9 with PKs this season. Pretty atrocious!

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Goooooool! AHAHAHAHA....Miranda!

15. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course I'd prefer AM to RM to win the title, however, if RM win La Liga, together with the CdR they already won, then it is the CdR runner up (Barca) who plays in next year's Super Copa (not the 2nd place finisher in La Liga). So I still want AM to win La Liga but if RM do at least we get another two cracks at them right away next season. Hopefully we are better sorted by that time which may well depend on whether the transfer ban is lifted and also whether Tata is still with us (and if not who is - lots or rumors).

16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    AM 22-0-0 when Costa scores.

17. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

This team is so impressive!! Cudos.

18. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    pk to round up the 2-0

19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He run pass one player to score the goal, impressive? Players like Messi and Ronaldo has like 100 goals like that lol.

Here some stats for this season El classico
    Ronaldo = 1 goal + 1 assist
    Bale = 1 goal
    Di Maria = 1 goal
    Neymar = 1 goal + 1 assist
    Messi = 3 goals + 1 assist

20. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    My compatriot Sapunaru was responsible for both penalties. I am so proud

21. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Well atm Bales solo run passed an young and semi injured player resulted in a trophy. Messis 3+1 assists has given nothing so far but it doesn't mean Bales better just that atm Bale delivered. We gotta take it for what it is.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I doubt Bale will threaten to beat up Ancelotti in front of the rest of the team any time soon. Zlatan didn't fail because he wasn't good enough, he wouldn't fit in with the club.

23. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    You know what i meant. A goal vs one great team one time won't make him a great purchase if he doesn't step it up. The guy has Alexis Sanchez type numbers (goals + assists) with only 70 minutes more played than Bale and he too scored an incredible goal vs Real but you don't hear us say Sanchez is worth 100 million

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The point is not even being worth 100 mil. or not. You're out saying Di Maria is better than him, predicting him to be a flop. I think it's wishful thinking. You compared him to Ibra, who didn't lack quality, but mentality, which is something that can't be said about Bale.

25. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    I didn't call Bale a flop. I called Ibra a flop. I usually wait a year and half before I judge new players. And until now the rest of the games tell the better story
    And yes Di Maria is better than him. Di Maria almost always steps it up and Bale has only speed on him.