Bayern US Tour 2014

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by mira76, Dec 9, 2013.

1. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    $65 is cheap for tickets to a sporting event in the US.

goindownsouth repped this.
  2. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sure but usually MLS games are cheaper. I'm especially not up for having to fly somewhere either. Hopefully 3rd game is in Chi

3. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Should be a good turnout, I would think.

4. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    South of Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If the game is 7/31 Yankee Stadium is a possibility because the NYY have an off day....

5. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Early rumors were... NYC, Portland, Vancouver... as mentioned above there is room in Yankee Stadium and Vancouver are off due to All-Star break as well.

6. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I seriously don't get Vancouver. You're already playing in Portland isn't that enough games in that part of the world?

7. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It makes sense from a travel perspective. It's not exactly a short drive from Vancouver to Portland.

8. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They can take a pit stop in Chicago. I doubt that adds much if any travel. And they get to play in two of the top 3 cities in the US

9. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As Nekki said, from a training and travel and acclimating to climate conditions, Vancouver makes sense. Matter of fact, Vancouver could very well be Bayern "base camp" once they head West.

P of the Wee... the Milwaukee chapter of FCB fanclub is looking into tickets for the NYC match if you are interested. Once they are released that is...

10. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Good to know hopefully they wait a little bit on releasing those tickets since I haven't booked my trip to Europe yet

11. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eissman has sh*t to plan this summer.... when are we going to get the official announcement?!!!

12. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    South of Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I spoke to someone at the US Office for Bavarian Economic Development in NYC about the game in NYC. This office is in the same building as the new FC Bayern NY Offices. This individual said the game is "definitely" on August 1...take that for what it's worth I guess...

I gave them my contact info and the lady told me she would get details about the game as soon as she talked to someone "downstairs" (meaning someone in the Bayern NYC office). She said the FC Bayern people are still moving into their office.

The lady at the Bavarian Econ Devel Office sounded thrilled that there was interest in the game - there has to be some sort of connection between this office and FC Bayern...

goindownsouth and Dhajj repped this.
  13. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Where specifically are the Bayern offices in NYC?

14. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    South of Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Bavarian Ministry for Economic Affairs NYC Office is located at 560 Lexington Ave 17th Floor in NYC. So the FC Bayern NYC Office must be at that address on a different floor. This address means nothing to me since I haven't been to NYC since 1987 to see a Red Sox / NYY game at Yankee Stadium in 1987...

15. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am an hour and a half away and have a girlfriend who routinely works in NYC. May be worth taking a look the next time I am up there.

16. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep up the great detective work, mate! And my condolences on the year anniversary of the Boston Marathon. What a douche that left behind the garbage bags yesterday.

If you get a chance to get a proper email address for the NYC office, share it, and we will send away. I couldn't find one yesterday.

17. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    South of Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks. It was a surreal day. I was out at the mall with my son in the afternoon and I heard the clerks talking about "they found a bomb at the Marathon." Went home and we were glued to the TV for days. For us in the Boston area it will go down with JFK's assassination (for the older folks) and 9/11 as a "where were you when" moment.
    As a college student at Northeastern it was tradition to go to the Red Sox game in the AM and then stumble over to the finish line (only a few blocks away from Fenway).
    But back on topic, I left my info with the folks at the Bavarian Economic Office and the woman said she'd forward it to the Bayern Office downstairs Who knows if she did; still haven't heard anything. Fingers crossed.

18. wallstreet123456

Nov 2, 2005
    NYC
    Won't most of the players not be here for the US tour? I would think the starters would get time off after the World Cup so we would be seeing a B team in the States.

19. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I will say it one last time...

There is NO conceivable way that a club of Bayern's stature would attempt to establish a presence in the United States with matches that would not have their key, star players in the squad. Sure, they will not likely play full 90s, but they will be in the squad and very up front and visible.

/end rant

Billy South Philly repped this.
  20. wallstreet123456

Nov 2, 2005
    NYC
    I hope you are right. The reason I ask the question is that a few years back after Bayern beat Valencia, I think, to win the Champions league they came to Giants stadium to play and left half the team back in Germany.

21. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yep. I will be shocked if the A team is here. Especially if Germany makes a deep run in the WC.

22. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hear ya, man. I just disagree. Even if Germany make the run, Bayern's key players will at least make appearances during their tour. I think it is a marketing imperative.

23. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really wanted Bayern to come last year after the treble it would have been big. This World Cup year will make things difficult. It will be really important for "the stars" to play

24. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and when the came to Chicago about 6 years ago to play Man U they brought everyone!!! (Man U left half their roster)...

I think they are very much about promoting the NYC office and enticing the many US fan clubs that are requesting tickets.

Just wish they would announce something!

25. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And by 'old' you mean....:cool::coffee:

Boandlkramer and nekkibasara repped this.