Bayern TV Thread - U.S. and elsewhere

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by ForeverRed, Nov 29, 2012.

1. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm in Fairfax Woody, and the only options that have GolTV in my area are COX and Verizon.

2. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    South of Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    May or may not be related to Bayern next season,....BUT, Bein Sport supposedly being added to Verizon Fios this week. I doubt Bundesliga would go to Bein - just don't see room on their schedule with Spain, Italy, and French leagues taking up most of their football programming on weekends. But they do show an awful lot of games on delay, so perhaps the "Shakes" :) that own BeIn would bid on the Bundesliga USA Rights and show everything but the odd Bayern match on delay....that is, of course, if Gol goes out of business, as most expect....

3. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is such BS. WTF is Faux Sports in this?! They don't need match delay, people will just continue to watch streams

4. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wonder if Bein will be added in lieu of GolTV or if we will get both channels.

5. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or start a beIN dos?

6. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GOMEZGOMEZGOMEZGOMEZGOMEZGOMEZGOMEZGOMEZGOMEZGOMEZZ
    GOMEZGOMEZGOMEZGOMEZGOMEZFOCKOFFGOMEZGOMEZGOMEZGOMEZ

NUFCBayern and Boandlkramer repped this.
  7. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you need to get a yellow for all the spam :p

eissman repped this.
  8. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I really hate goltv... It's so amateurly run..

The quality is pixelated, the programs are never in synch with your guide or any other guide on the planet.,
    You literally have to wait 5 mins before kick off before it updates properly... And you can forget about watching German qualifiers properly on hd, because its never in synch with its standard channel.. So you have to watch a game in standard on an hd tv.....

Please fox or bein sports pick the German broadcasting and rid us of this nonesense..
    Bein2 or fox soccer would be fine.

9. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    South of Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There's a "BeIn En Espanol" that doesn't always show the same programming as the other Bein...so, I guess if you want to watch your favorite team and they're on Bein In Espanol, you better be able to understand/speak Spanish- kind of like when Bayern matches were only on ESPN Deportes a year or so ago....

10. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    HD supercedes any language broadcast.

Meaning I'll take whatever I can get if it's HD

NUFCBayern repped this.
  11. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will take a card for the "please stop all the sabotaging of every thread with the Gomez speak" team.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  12. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

13. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is it wrong that I cannot read that without hearing the sound effects from the TV show in my head?

14. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    South of Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So Bein English and Bein Spanish officially announced on Fios, and as of right now it looks like it'll (Bein English) only be available on the "Ultimate HD" package, which is the most expensive (of course), and it will not be included in the sports package. Also, Bein Spanish, which doesn't always show the same match as the English channel, is NOT included in the Ultimate HD. So, in order to get both channels you would need the most expensive package AND the Spanish package...ouch

16. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When does Bein english start for FiOS? I'm pretty sure i have the "Ultimate HD" package.

17. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    South of Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pretty sure it is live now....how's the production quality? Is it like Gol, where every single thing is high school A/V level?

18. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'll check it out when I get home and let you know.

19. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I checked the FiOS website and they don't appear to offer BeIN in Virginia.

20. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    South of Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ahhh, maybe your market wasn't included in the initial rollout, but its live in the Boston market. Both the Spanish and English channel are on my guide with the option to "Subscribe" when I hit the remote info button when I'm on Bein in the guide. I don't have the Ultimate package or the Spanish package, so I don't have either channel. I'm going to wait until the Bundesliga's US television deal/situation is sorted out before I shell out the dough to get Bein...

21. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have been searching everywhere and there doesn't seem to be any mention of bundesliga rights going anywhere or Germany international.

I guess everyone is happy with an amature goltv...

22. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I personally believe that once GolTV goes under, there will not be any more BL coverage on US TV. Its not popular enough for one of the big networks to spend the money to get it.

23. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I will die inside once this happens..

Boandlkramer repped this.
  24. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    South of Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Unfortunately I tend to agree with you...that's where the DFL could/should come in. Do they want their product on American television? Do they want American dollars buying their shirts and merchandise? Make it worthwhile to ESPN to pick up the Bundesliga. I've long thought the DFL and German football clubs don't care much about America/the American Market - how often do you see German clubs touring the states? Every year it seems EPL, Serie A, La Liga sides, and Celtic are touring America. Perhaps the upcoming USA/Germany friendly is a step in the "right" direction for marketing Bundesliga in America?
    The best we can hope for if GolTV sh#ts the bed, as the soccer broadcasting landscape presents itself in early 2103, would be if ESPN bought the rights and showed the games on watchespn and espn3...I really don't think we can hope for more than that - perhaps they show a handful of Bayern vs Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen, etc., matches on Deportes, but I think that'd be it. I'm curious what programming ESPN will run in the Saturday/Sunday time slots where they typically show EPL games....fingers crossed for Bundesliga on American TV next season...or at least streaming legally and in decent quality :)

25. ZimbabweBob

ZimbabweBob Member+

May 16, 2007
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I really think that ESPN will pick up the Bundesliga in the USA, they don't have the CL anymore and will lose the EPL after this season.