Bayern TV Thread - U.S. and elsewhere

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by ForeverRed, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. wallstreet123456

Nov 2, 2005
    NYC
    I get so upset, in the States many programs are brodcast in SAP which means if it is in English there is a second language, usually Spanish , available. Why don't they make the channels with Spanish as the first language also offer this SAP but in English, I would love to watch and understand the games on the spanish channels :( let alone some of their HOT soap operas or talk shows :)

3. woodythenetminder

Mar 18, 2008
    DC area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Letter sent to DFB two weeks ago:
    Liebe Deutsche Fussball Bund,

Aufgrund der jüngsten Entstehung BEIN Sport und ihre Übernahme der US-TV-Vertriebsrechte von La Liga und Italienischen Serie A Programmierung, GOL TV wurde von Comcast (meine Kabelabgang), Geschirrspüler und Direct TV mit BEIN Sport ersetzt worden. Da GOL TV hat exklusive TV-Rechte, wir sind nicht in der Lage den Zugriff auf Spiele thru ESPN3 (on-line Abdeckung). So gibt es nicht mehr Zugang zu beobachten Bundesliga-Spiele pro Woche in Washington, DC und vielen anderen wichtigen Marktregionen in den Vereinigten Staaten.

Als lebenslanger Bundesliga Fan, IAND Bayern München Fan (seit 1972), der Rest der wachsenden Fußball-Markt in den USA wird sich die Freude an der schönsten, taktischen und technischen Fußballs in der Welt verweigert.

Ich respektvoll darum bitten, dass der DFB diese Situation und die große Mangel an BL Berichterstattung, die zu einem Zeitpunkt eintreten wird beiden zusehen, die BL gewinnt mehr und mehr Unterstützung und Zuschauer aufgrund seiner Exzellenz zu untersuchen. Darüber hinaus denke ich, werden Sie feststellen, dass GOL TV schrumpfenden Markt pressence wird schließlich dazu führen schwere finanzielle Probleme für ihre Firma und schließlich zu ihrem Zusammenbruch führen.

Es ist die Hoffnung vieler amerikanischer Bundesliga Fans, dass der DFB klappt ein weiteres Lizenzabkommen mit beiden FOX Sports, der aufkeimenden NBC Sports Cable Network oder ESPN so mit leicht, dass wieder einmal die breite Masse der amerikanischen Fußball-Fans den Zugang zu Betrachten der Bundesliga haben zugänglich und Englisch sprechende Zuschauer Anbieter.

Bitte entschuldigen Sie meine schlechte Deutsch schriftlich und mündlich. Obwohl ich wurde von einem amerikanischen Vaters und einer deutschen Mutter brachte, lebte eine Zeit in München und tatsächlich in der TSV 1860 München Jugend-System gespielt, bin ich regelmäßiger Anwendung der Sprache. Meine Familie und ich planen, zu Besuch in Deutschland im Frühjahr und hoffen, dass zumindest ein Bundeliga Spiel bei unserem Besuch sehen.

Hochachtungsvoll,

4. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Can you make this generic so that all of us can steal it and send it to them as well?

woodythenetminder repped this.
  5. woodythenetminder

Mar 18, 2008
    DC area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per your request-

Dear German Football Association,

Due to the recent emergence BEIN Sport and its takeover of the U.S. television distribution rights for La Liga and Italian Serie A programming, GOL TV has been discontinued from Comcast (my cable outlet), Dish and Direct TV has been replaced with BEINSport. Since GOL TV has exclusive TV rights, we are not able to access games thru ESPN3 (online coverage). So there are no more access to watch Bundesliga matches per week in Washington, DC, and many other major market regions in the United States.
    As a lifelong fan Bundesliga, Bayern Munich fan (since 1972), the rest of the growing football market in the U.S., the joy of beautiful, tactical and technical soccer is denied in the world.
    I respectfully ask that the DFB watch this situation and the great lack of BL coverage, which will come at a time when both the BL gaining more and more support and spectators because of its excellence. In addition, I think you will find that GOL TV's shrinking market pressence will eventually cause serious financial problems for their company, and eventually lead to its collapse.
    It is the hope of many American Bundesliga fans that the DFB works another license agreement with both FOX Sports, the burgeoning NBC Sports Cable Network or ESPN so that once again the broad masses of the American soccer fans will have access to viewing the Bundesliga through an English speaking network outlet.

Dhajj repped this.
  6. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's perfect!

We need more exposure, even though I have goltv right now.
    I know it's not gonna survive long..

7. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    South of Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I actually, selfishly, like the way it is now with GolTV only having the Bundesliga for a UEFA property - that way, they show 4 or 5 games a weekend. I have Verizon Fios, and for whatever reason, they're holding on to GolTV. Hopefully they keep it until the end of the season. I want to say Gol has the Bundesliga US rights through 2014-2015 season. It's probably a forgone conclusion that Gol will shut its doors pretty soon, but do people here really see Bein Sport having any interest in German football? 99/100 Bundesliga games would be passed over for La Liga games if they are on at the same time in the US - remember when German League matches on Deportes were joined "in progress" after the conclusion of whatever shite Valladolid v Osasuna match they were showing? After the obsession with La Liga, Barca, and all things Lionel Messi, you would have the love affair with Serie A. Bein is no different than Fox - they're not going to show Bundesliga over any match involving Inter, AC Milan, or Juventus - regardless of where they are in the table. Just look at the last two, maybe even three, Bayern group games in this year's CL - they weren't on live on any fox outlet (yes, i know you can pay 99.99 or whatever the f#ck it is to watch it on a f#cking computer streaming). And now, there's even a Freaking French club that garners more attention in the US than ANY Bundesliga club - f#cking PSG gets more headlines than Bayern, Dortmund, etc., for the simple fact that they have Ibrahimovic and a billion dollars of oil $! And, oh yeah, Qatar Sports Investment group that owns PSG also has a director's stake in Al Jazeera Sports, which we know governs/controls BeIn....I highly doubt the Bundesliga would trump Ligue 1 on BeIn.
    Point is, there's no "room" on Bein for the Bundesliga....the best hope would be for some incarnation of Fox Soccer, Fox Sports, Fox Sports World or ESPN to buy into the Bundesliga to broadcast in the US. After this season, both Fox and ESPN have, what, dutch league, Portuguese, and scottish league between them????? i would say even bundesliga would "sell" more than those leagues. Hate to be all doom and gloom, but methinks it'll require a high speed internet connection to watch Bundesliga next year....hope I'm wrong, but I don't see American broadcasters jumping at the chance to show Bundesliga games....:(

8. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't really care if BEIN has any interest in the BL rights. Actually, I'd prefer they didn't... Currently, ESPN shows the occasional Pokal match and used to show BL matches on ESPN3. My hope is that ESPN would pick up the rights (or re-exercise them), if only to show them on ESPN3. ESPN3 is available to nearly everyone out there...despite the requirement that your provider offer access through them... If ESPN were to start utilizing those rights again, they very feasibly could offer EVERY Bundesliga match and DFB match through the online ESPN3 service. The picture quality is good...daresay better than Gol's actual tv picture quality.

9. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wouldn't mind bein2 type channel to show BL games and CL games or something..

Goltv does suck balls but so does streaming, no matter how decent the quality is.

Nothing beats a top quality channel showing your team week in and week out..

Who will that company be??

10. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was thinking in German...but who DOESN'T speak English in their PAO/Media office?

11. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brilliant letter Woodie.

Can we have a spot for us to all petition it and sign? I think that shows some support.

The outlook is bleak for us without GolTV. I would like the option to watch and DVR games.
    Relying on downloads to watch later isn't conducive for me. With the Iphone I can at least try and stream games if need be but that eats up data plan.

Best solution is to get a GolTV type network in HD that has exclusive rights to Bundesliga matches.

12. woodythenetminder

Mar 18, 2008
    DC area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per request auf Deutschsprache:
    Liebe Deutsche Fußball-Bund,

Aufgrund der jüngsten Entstehen BEIN Sport und seine Übernahme der US-TV-Vertriebsrechte für La Liga und italienischen Serie A-Programmierung, hat GOL TV von Comcast wurde eingestellt (meine Kabelabgang), Geschirrspüler und Direct TV hat mit BEINSport ersetzt worden. Da GOL TV hat exklusive TV-Rechte, wir sind nicht in der Lage, Spiele zu thru ESPN3 (Online-Berichterstattung) zugreifen. Es gibt also keinen Zugriff mehr auf Spiele der Bundesliga pro Woche in Washington, DC zu sehen, und viele andere wichtigen Marktregionen in den Vereinigten Staaten.
    Als lebenslanger Fan Bundesliga, FC Bayern München Fan (seit 1972), der Rest der wachsenden Fußball-Markt in den USA, die Freude an der schönen, taktischen und technischen Fußball in der Welt verweigert.
    Ich respektvoll darum bitten, dass der DFB diese Situation und den großen Mangel an BL Berichterstattung, die zu einem Zeitpunkt, wenn sowohl die BL mehr und mehr Unterstützung und Zuschauern wegen seiner Exzellenz gewinnen kommen sehen. Darüber hinaus denke ich, werden Sie feststellen, dass GOL TV schrumpfenden Markt pressence wird schließlich dazu führen ernste finanzielle Probleme für ihr Unternehmen, und schließlich zu seinem Zusammenbruch führen.
    Es ist die Hoffnung vieler amerikanischer Bundesliga Fans, dass der DFB eine weitere Lizenz Einvernehmen mit FOX Sports arbeitet, die aufkeimende NBC Sports Cable Network oder ESPN, so dass wieder die breite Masse der amerikanischen Fußball-Fans wird der Zugang zur Anzeige des Bundesliga durch ein über Englisch sprechende Netzwerk anschließen.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  13. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Copy and paste this guys. Lets get this out to them as much as possible

14. Emperor_Norton

Jun 14, 2007
    I am German and I will try to make a translation myself, if you are interested in me doing so. However, I wouldn`t write to the DFB - the DFB has little to do with the Bundesliga. The DFL and DFL SE are in charge of foreign broadcasting rights deals.

woodythenetminder and Boandlkramer repped this.
  15. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ^^Please do so

16. Emperor_Norton

Jun 14, 2007
    send it to Christian Seifert of the DFL

you should also send a letter to Jörg Daubitzer - just insert "Herr Daubitzer" and "Geschäftsführer der DFL SE" http://dfl-sports-enterprises.com/Unser_Unternehmen/language/de.html )

but both Daubitzer and Seifert should understand English as well:

Sehr geehrter Herr Seifert,

aufgrund des neuen Senders BEIN Sport und dessen Übernahme der US-TV-Rechte an La Liga und der italienischen Serie A wurde Gol TV aus dem Programm meines Kabelnetzbetreibers Comcast genommen. Auch die Satellitenanbieter (Dish und Direct TV) haben Gol TV durch BEIN Sport ersetzt. Da GOL TV die exklusiven Rechte an der Bundesliga besitzt, sind wir nicht in der Lage die Spiele über ESPN 3 (IPTV) anzusehen. Es gibt demnach also keine Möglichkeit mehr, Bundesligaspiele in Washington DC und anderen wichtigen amerikanischen Märkten zu sehen.

Als ein lebenslanger Fan der Bundesliga, Bayernfan seit 1972, möchte ich anmerken, dass einem großen Teil des wachsenden amerikanischen Marktes die Freude verwehrt wird, den taktisch und technisch schönen Fußball der Bundesliga zu sehen.

Ich bitte Sie als Geschäftsführer der DFL darum, sich der Problematik der mangelnden Berichterstattung in den Vereinigten Staaten anzunehmen – gerade zu einem Zeitpunkt, in dem die Bundesliga aufgrund ihrer herausragenden Qualität immer mehr Anhänger und Zuschauer gewinnt.

Zudem sollten Sie davon ausgehen, dass GOL TVs schrumpfende Marktpräsenz zu ernsthaften finanziellen Problemen und letztlich zum Zusammenbruch dieses Senders führen wird.

Viele amerikanische Bundesligafans hoffen, dass die DFL die TV-Rechte an der Bundesliga bald an einen neuen Partnersender (entweder Fox Sports, das aufkeimende NBC Sports Cable Network oder ESPN) lizensiert, sodass die breite Masse der amerikanischen Fußballfans wieder die Bundesliga auf einem englischsprachigen Sender anschauen kann.

17. Emperor_Norton

Jun 14, 2007
    I haven`t found Christian Seifert`s email address online.

I would advise you all to write to the employees and executives of the DFL SE - you can contact them via http://dfl-sports-enterprises.com/de/Unser_team.html . All of them should speak English. In the end, they are the ones who sell Bundesliga rights abroad and hence I think they are the ones you should inform about the problems Bundesliga fans in the US have. Maybe they can sort it out in the near future.

18. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This should be reposted in the Germany Forum with instructions. The more the better.

Emperor_Norton repped this.
  19. Emperor_Norton

Jun 14, 2007
    I followed your suggestion and posted it in several Bundesliga-related threads.

20. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm no authority here, But its a great idea. Thanks!

21. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    South of Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm 100% for the Bundesliga getting some sort of foothold in the US - heck, if Bayern ever came to the US again I'd travel to see them! Looking at the situation through red colored Munich glasses, it seems that the DFB, DFL, and whoever else don't care much about the US market...
    Do German clubs ever tour the US? I think 'Gladbach played a game or two here a few years ago, but other than that, who in recent memory has played here? The German FA is not dumb - they probably look at the US and see it as an EPL/La Liga centric market (with big pockets of Serie A in certain regions) and figure it is not worth the money and effort to try to compete with the EPL for American money. Heck, it seems Bayern is obsessed with the Indian and Middle Eastern market. Where do the other "big" German clubs - Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen, etc., do preseason training tours? Do they tour? I remember when Bundesliga was on either Fox Soccer or Fox Sports World - anyone know the circumstances under which they moved the US rights to GolTV? If we knew THAT it might give us some insight into what may happen when/if GolTV goes under...

Dhajj repped this.
  22. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Woody; you can still watch GolTV on FiOS if that's available in your neck of the DC woods.

woodythenetminder repped this.
  23. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    South of Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fios has been dropping channels like flies in an effort to cut costs. Luckily Gol hasn't been one of them....yet...All the cable cos are rip off artists - when I signed up for Fios when it first became available in the Boston area I was paying about $110 bucks for the same programming tier and equipment I have now - but through the years they've jacked up the tv package costs and equipment costs so my bill is now about $160. The SAME HD DVR box when I signed up was 9.99/mo, now it's 16.99/mo - for the SAME FREAKING BOX!
    My town offers a municipal cable/internet/phone service and it's about $20-$30 a month cheaper than Fios for the same packages/equipment (although with slower internet speeds), but the reason I keep fios is because they have Gol TV! If they dump Gol, F YOU Fios and I'll gladly keep my money in my town to fund services as opposed to stuffing corporate coffers....:mad:

24. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That was basically the same experience I've had with COX and Comcast as well. I'm on a 2 year contract with FiOS, and I fully intend to call them and threaten cancellation of service in order to get a good deal when my contract is up.

25. woodythenetminder

Mar 18, 2008
    DC area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, so much for my German writing skills. I was struggling quite a bit and did the best I could. Though I travel once every two years (sometimes more) to Germany, I try to keep my speaking short and to the point. Often when my friends see that I am struggling, they tell me I am too far removd from everyday speech and go off in English. It has been over 25 years since my last three year stint in Bochum/Wattenscheid. I guess the time has really taken the toll.

Sorry you had to go to the trouble Emperor Norton.:oops:

Cheer-Woody