Bayern TV Thread - U.S. and elsewhere

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by ForeverRed, Nov 29, 2012.

1. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    PLEASE let me know what you find out about this....cost, HD, etc. I'm in the same boat, but haven't pulled the trigger. My decision will hinge on your report......so don't screw this up! ;):D

Boandlkramer repped this.
  2. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just saw on DirecTV's website that the Bayern v BATE game WILL be on their UEFA channels as in the past. 2:30pm ET broadcast on 485 (SD) or 485-1 (HD).

3. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No pressure eissman :D

4. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just called DirecTV to find out about GolTV add-ons in Spanish to my current pkg and didn't get very good help. Told me it wasn't available in the $15/mo Spanish add-on pkg. Somebody please help me figure this out. Seems like everytime I call them, I know more about their channels and pkgs than they do. Dude kept thinking I was talking about the Golf channel.... Had to keep sayin G*O*L not GOLF.... o_O:mad:

Dhajj repped this.
  5. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never helps that the people speaking English learned it as a 2nd language.
    Like when I went to Subway the other days and had to repeat everything 4 times so we both understood. I may as well have pulled out a chart and pointed to items. Mayo (point), Provolone (point)....

bayern15 repped this.
  6. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ShealyGG -- their website info is inconsistent with what your rep was saying then.

The problem I am finding is GolTV is out there. GolTV in HD is a rarity however.

7. fcbm...

fcbm... New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    I had way too long of a conversation with a DirecTV rep a couple months ago when this whole GolTV/DirecTV issue came up. I had ordered the spanish sports package (whatever it is called) because they told me that would allow me to access GolTV (the spanish feed). It did not. After three different reps insisted that I reset my receiver and change various settings, they ultimately determined that I needed an entirely new dish to access the spanish channels (not sure about specifics of my dish, but I had it installed a little over a year ago). I didn't want to deal with that added expense, especially when networks can be so flippant about broadcasting rights.

Long-story-long, my understanding is that if you add the spanish package, that may not be enough, as you may need to upgrade equipment as well. But if you talk to three different DirecTV reps, you will get three different responses, so take that with a grain of salt.

eissman and shealygg repped this.
  8. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, it's out there....but you may have to change your base pkg to a Spanish base pkg...which would also require a new dish. I ain't into all that (Southern speak for 'screw that') since GolTV most likely will go bankrupt exactly 3 days after installing my new dish, and exactly 2 days before the next scheduled Bayern game... Any way you look at it, I'm just hoping that GolTV goes belly-up sooner rather than later so that ESPN will start showing the BL games on E3 again.

9. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed! Fingers crossed.

Big Thanks to FCBM for the info...

10. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I read in another thread(wolfsburg) that comcast dish and direct all dropped goltv?!? No more games broadcast?!?!?

Ccan anyone confirm/deny this?!?!?

11. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    direct dropped it a while back.. if i recall october 10

12. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I still have it right now on comcast ch 297. I read that it is effective 12/12/12. I am little confused here. Only thing I can think of is that I read that it will remain in some hispanic regions. I will check again tomorrow.

13. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    its still on comcast, ATT, Verzion as far as i remember. (i got ATT)

14. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Goltv bein sports espn deportes and fox deportes are all included in the Spanish package, along with 30 other channels. This is for time Warner cable.

But maybe they might be regional things, because I am in San Antonio where it's very Hispanic influenced..

15. woodythenetminder

Mar 18, 2008
    DC area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Comcast dropping GOL TV for BEIN Sport I am going to have to use espn3 to watch the Bundesliga and Bayern move frward to the BL, DFB Pokal and CL Titles. Very pissed. :devilish: Don't even have option in Spanish package here in DC Metro area. Have to hope that FOX Soccer gets wise and buys rights from GOL TV or negotiates a partial Bundesliga package with Bundesliga / Sky Sports Germany or whatever the licensing authority is.:rolleyes:

16. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i am pretty sure ESPN3 dropped all the Bundsliga games this season. as far as i am aware, only goaltv have the rights for the bundsliga in the US

Dhajj repped this.
  17. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yah that's true... Espn3 hasn't showed any BL games this year... I have checked several times this season...

18. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's right, no more Bundesliga on Espn3 but they still show Pokal matches if that's any consolation. I'm lucky that I have ATT U-Verse which broadcasts GolTV in HD.

Still have to rely on streams, file lockers and TORrrents for the odd CL match.

19. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is truly amazing in one year how I went from seeing 95% of Bayern's games to only seeing about 15% on Direct TV.

For now the internet will do. I very much appreciate the links to full game downloads, but sucks I have to wait 3 hours for one half to d/l.

shealygg and Dhajj repped this.
  20. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    All we can hope for is that GolTV tanks....soon!

21. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope bein sports takes the BL and opens a bein2 or fox soccer after it losses the epl

22. Scholl7

Scholl7 Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    All they have is the CL and Europa league plus MLS. There is no way they can make money with just the MLS. Well they do have the 2013 women's world cup lol.

24. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    OMFG....^^ if Bayern or even Augsburg gets pre-empted for ANY MLS..... OMFG

25. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In a alternative universe in which Augsburg was in MLS, Augsburg would be top-of-the-table, wrecking everyone IMHO.

Boandlkramer repped this.