Bayern Once Again Threaten To Do Their Own TV Deal

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by footyfan1, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PERU CAMPEON !!

PERU CAMPEON !! Arriba Peru !!

Universitario de deportes
    Peru
    May 9, 2005
    MONUMENTAL
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    GUys this might be a stupit question ., but why doent fox soccer channel show any Bayern games in the weekly German games?

2. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

dont be shy next time - be more assertive and speak your mind... you were right - that IS a stupid question...:p

especially when you scroll up a few messages, read footyfans post and apply some common sense...;)

two channels are above FSC in the pecking order... odds are that at least one of these two channels will pick a match involving bayern, so FSC has to pick from the rest and gets either completely crappy matches or gets lucky once in a while (but unfortunately for us, never lucky enough to be able to pick a bayern match)

:(

3. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

don't worry about it...I missed it as well.:)

4. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany
    Keith is weak vith Bayern ... his hatred is more or less Schalke related :)

Imho you can hate Bayern and Schalke equally and still be a good borusse :)

but the UH and KHR are bags full of hot air, they don't care about the BL they only care bout emselves
    and as I know the DFB (Their legal mafia outpost) they get trough with it , like with the 40 Millions from Premiere .....
    Imho they should already have been thrown out

5. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just hate Scheisse more intensely. It wasn't always that way with me. It got that way when Bayern cut back on their cheating. Mainly breaking transfer rules and being protected by the DFB/DFL when they did so.

Agree. As long as you hate them both intensely! LOL!! ;)

This has been apparent to everyone but Bayern fans for years.

We agree. And it was actually more than 40M. The DFB should have made BayScum pay back every stinkin' cent of it. :mad:

Can't agree. I think they should just be punished when punishment is warranted. They shouldn't be protected when they are blatantly caught cheating.

Not even Real Madrid has had their FA CHANGE RULES to protect their cheating ways.........

Let me stop now. Everyone has read that rant often enough.

Time for coffee and calm! LOL!! :D

6. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I commend you on you post FootyFan1!! Cheers... Double latte for me...:D

7. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol, how does coffee calm you down, footyfan? isnt caffeine a stimulant? looks like we're in for an even bigger rant!:D

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nah! I seem to work in reverse. It calms me and at times helps me sleep! LOL!! ;)

9. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Off-topic somewhat, but still made me smile... :)

LINK

10. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's just FSC hasn't shown any FCB this year. They got me hooked years ago and now my supply is coming up dry! I've have a deep hatred for Setanta. I liken them with drug dealers! I refuse to give them my money for pay-per-screw! Now ProSieben is a different story, but I can't get it on my satelite dish. Something rotten was negotiated this past summer with Setanta, and I'm none too happy about it.

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Somehow, I don't think they care..........

12. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I pretty much hate Setanta too, but if you are a Bundesliga fan the $10 a month for their channel is a pretty good deal as you'll get to see about 70% of Bayern's matches and pretty much every big Bundesliga match, unlike FSC which seems to show the third and fourth best matches.

Plus, I get the Military Channel along with Setanta which is great channel.

As for Bayern's negotiating tactics, they aren't pretty but if they want to compete with the rest of Europe they have to generate the revenue from somewhere. And since the Bundesliga is full of laggards not carrying their own weight, then of course Bayern will end up the villains.

13. chelodelgado

chelodelgado New Member

Feb 3, 2004
    I hope Die Bundesliga ends up on Goltv next year. They will show 2 good games a week I believe. And I wouldn't like it to end up on Espn deportes, they are too bottomline-minded just like FSC.