Bayern München vs Borussia Moenchengladbach and Tobias Welz - Spieltag 17 Thread

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by woodythenetminder, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern had a lot of possession, shots, corners and half chances, but they didn't have a lot of great scoring chances, they had a few that they blew, but mostly they were trying long shots against a great young keeper, and lobs into a great aerial defense. The PK could've gone either way and often does, but Gladbach missed a golden scoring chances not long after taking the 1-0 lead, which karmically justified the call. They most certainly earned that point.

2. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why do gk show up against us at the Allianz???
    They turn into mr fantastico'!!! All of s sudden..

Gladbach were very lucky to draw this, this is complete BULLLSHIT!!

Really pissed off we didn't come away with a win.., pure bullshit luck!

Man I am pissed!!!

3. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Complete domination and attack after attack and this is how it ends? In a fuxking 1-1 draw because of a ********ing pk!!

Man I am still so damn mad, that should've been 3 pts not god damn drop points for everybody!!!

God damn it!!!

4. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They scored of a 50-50 penalty (Gomez had a similar 50-50 penalty not given) and had one other chance thanks to a blunder by Neuer. Hardly deserved, especially when Bayern had 13x more shots than them. I agree Bayern could have made a few more chances but we really should have put the game away.

5. woodythenetminder

Mar 18, 2008
    DC area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just finished an outdoor match of my own here in D.C. (2-1 win) and have not been able to post until now. Saw match on my computer and was mightily impressed with ter Stiegen's performance which will surely earn Kicker "Spieler des Spiel" fo outstanding saves that he can do for club, but not for country. Very questionable penalty call though Bayern's finishing was main culprit for the draw. Plenty of opportunities against a porous defense and midfield which could not put any consistent time on the ball.
    What a difference without Reus. Still, the team came to play, got an unexpected result and generally performed well when they actually wee able to put time into their possession or catch FCB on the counter.
    Now we just look over any potential strengthening Bayern may do over the Winter Pause. Wouldn't be surprised they pick-up a defender or two to bolster back-line that took a hit losing Badstuber.

Cheers-Woody

6. woodythenetminder

Mar 18, 2008
    DC area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude,

We are still 12 points clear of Loserkusen until tomorow and barring serious injuries, Mia sans Mia is well on the way to winning it's next salad dish! So chill, have out, have a Paulaner. Get the edge off and be happy!

MatthausSammer repped this.
  7. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i am about to watch the replay on goaltv now.

8. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope they continue the impressive form next half.., I hope they don't just nose dive for no reason..

What I wanted is a complete run away with points that even our 2nd on the table has no chance..
    I wanted Bayern to be so comfortable ahead that they could rest their entire 11 before each CL match day...

Would love for this to be wrapped up early so Bayern can put 100% effort and rest towards the CL...

This tie really bugs the shit out of me.. Bah

Btw any statistician out there? Do Bayern tend to drop points 2nd half of the season more so then 1st?

9. GarmischaBua

GarmischaBua Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'm as psyched as anyone about the lead going into winter break, but this team has eaten sh!t too many times after getting complacent or having a mental breakdown for me to write off any of the competitions we're in.

The CL especially seems like a long shot this year, seeing as teams who are make it far one year rarely do so the next..
    For instance: no team in the last decade who made it to the Champions League final made it to the final again in the directly succeeding competition, except Man U in '09 (And the 08 CL campaign was notoriously lackluster).

10. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What of Valencia 00 and 01.

11. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Decade ^

I don't see us going to the finals this year... It's nearly impossible in modern times to go back to back...

Barca couldn't even do it. What does that tell you..

12. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it tells that we can do it... fu ck barca

Boandlkramer repped this.
  13. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Now ill have a whole month of just letting this steam and boil...!
    This is going to stew all month long, that's another thing that's gonna frustrate me..

Wish we would've just won this one.

Loserkusen and bvb will probably win theirs to inch that much closer..

14. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't get why Jupp started Mandzu when the Mez is on fire at the moment. May have cost us 2pts.:eek: But the PK was unfortunate as it appeared that Boa's arm was somewhat tucked in. Did it really stop the trajectory of the ball when it would've hit his torso anyway? G'bach had no offense. Basically, they double & triple teamed Ribs and nobody else stepped up (Kroos, Mueller, & Schwein). Dante was probably our most dangerous offensive threat and he's a fullback.:eek: Really strange match, if you ask me. Shaq was a breath of fresh air but Zarro was a huge disappointment. Seemed like he didn't know where to play as he was nowhere near the penalty box. Do they practice ever with 2 strikers? Doesn't look like it. Think we were outcoached and outreffed today.

Still, it's better than a loss. But FCB should've won today, despite Jupp & the ref.

Dhajj repped this.
  15. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    thats the only thing i have to say about this game
    [​IMG]

15 ********ing corners and not even one goal..i remember those days when corners were as dangerous as free kick..

*shakes head*

woodythenetminder repped this.
  16. Aphile

Aphile Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Bowie, Maryland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I bet if we gave corners to Alaba we would be more effective. That's mostly just 'cause I love the lil guy! He epitomizes everything about intelligent play and a cool demeanor. Always smiling.

Fernando_Bayern_BR and Lahmfan repped this.
  17. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Alaba, muller and Nauer are the only three players that gives a shit in this team... everyone else either hunting for personal glory or media bullshit

bayern15 and Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  18. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ever since Dante and Martinez joined we looked more dangerous on set pieces.,

Which we still don't train for..

We should spend the entire time off just doing set pieces..

15 corners and not a single goal produced is ridiculous..
    If this was an English team with this many corners they would've converted 2-3.

19. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My "pagelle"
    NEUER 6
    LAHM 6,5
    BOA 6,5
    DANTE 6+
    ALABA 6-
    MARTINEZ 6
    PIGGY 6,5
    MÜLLER 5
    KROOS 6
    RIB 5,5
    MANDZUKIC 4,5

SHAQ 6,5
    PIZZA 6
    GOMEZ 5

bayern15 repped this.
  20. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I said it before the game and I'll say it again. I haven't liked our performances lately. Why do we play so many long balls? Where has our patient build-up gone? Why is Schweini playing so much forward? All this doesn't make sense. Our players our much more suited to a possesion game, than this bullsh*t pass-the-ball-forward-as-soon-as-you-get-it.

21. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He's disappeeared completely since a long time. Heynckes is also to blame for this imo, we're playing a game lately that doesn't suit him at all
    Exactly

22. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The long ball game is just plain horrible and the Schweini experiment has been a complete failure...

Matakos repped this.
  23. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It seems like our best attacking is when kroos and piggy are paired

Shaq in front of them robbery/muller on the wings and Gomez up top.

But piggy was really working well this season, I guess his role has changed a little since his last goal.
    Martinez integrating a lot better now. I hope Gus stays hungry and keeps fighting for his spot.

Hopefully all our guys are 100% fit after the winter break and JH can restart his rotation policy. It will go a long way for a chance at a treble.

24. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Heynckes also seems to have a hard on on making his teams play like shit during the Nov-Dec time. It happened last season, it happened with Leverkusen and it's happening again this season. Our record the past few weeks is what.. more draws than wins. :rolleyes:

Dhajj repped this.
  25. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How do we usually look feb/march?

I was really hoping that Bayern can capitalize on those other teams dropping points.
    That when we have our first CL knockout game, we would be so far ahead that we could rest our starting 11 that weekend without risk..

I had hopes that this year we would be so far ahead we could rest our guys before each match day and not risk our lead.. What a golden opportunity that would be to fight for a treble.