News: Bayern II and Youth Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by The Bavarian Oak, Mar 29, 2013.

1. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was spilling into all the other threads, might as well consolidate.

Yes they are FCB youth. We have an abundance of potential top class talent currently in the 17-19 age range.

Hojbjerg has the potential to be absolute top class.

Can, Raeder, Zingerle, and Weiser are almost certain to be playing regular 1. BL football.

The U19 side has many extremely promising players as well.

Weiser has already carved out a starting spot at a top 2. BL club at the age of 18.

There are no LBs anywhere near Alaba's level in the youth setup. Alaba is one of the best LBs on the continent at age 20, I don't think he will be moved.

I don't think Boateng or Kirchoff will stick around long if they can't earn a starting spot. Can has more natural talent than both of them I believe.

Lahmfan and Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  2. ZimbabweBob

ZimbabweBob Member+

May 16, 2007
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How is Dale Jennings?

3. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

4. cvak

cvak Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Slovenia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    What's new with Patrick Weihrauch?

5. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think he's injuried ...

7. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern II beat VfL Frohnlach 3-0 yesterday, bringing them to 2 wins out of 2 games since the winter break.

Key points.

- Emre Can started at CB and helped the defense keep a clean sheet.

- Alessandro Schöpf continues to impress at CAM, scoring yet another goal. He has made Derflinger into a benchwarmer.

- Marius Duhnke, who found playing time limited before the winter break, has started the past 2 games on the left wing and used the opportunity to score 3 goals.

Lineup -

Raeder - Rankovic, Can, Pangallo, Chessa (84. Schmitz) - Hürzeler, Hojbjerg - Horn (60. Strieder), Schöpf, Duhnke - Friesenbichler (77. Weihrauch)

Goals -

0:1 Schöpf (8.), 0:2 Duhnke (40.), 0:3 Duhnke (49.)

Matakos and Lahmfan repped this.
  8. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nothing really. He is on the fringes after not producing goals and not really being a true winger.

There is an article in TZ about how Pep likes him and Hojbjerg though.

I'm not impressed by Weihrauch personally, but I guess we will have to wait and see if the new coaching staff does anything with him.

_Amy_ repped this.
  9. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern II beat Eintracht Bamberg 2-0 today despite missing 2 penalties.

- Emre Can started as a CB for the 2nd consecutive match, and kept a 2nd consecutive clean sheet.

- Hojbjerg impressed in central midfield and set up the 2nd goal with a through ball for Derflinger.

- Alessandro Schopf scored again and has now scored a goal in all 3 matches since the winter break. The 19 year old Austrian midfielder now has 7 goals on the season and is the leading scorer for Bayern II.

Lineup -
    Raeder - Strieder, Buck, Can, Rankovic - Hürzeler, Hojbjerg - Horn (81. Weihrauch), Schöpf, Duhnke (63. Derflinger) - Friesenbichler

Goals -
    1:0 Schöpf (55.), 2:0 Derflinger (81.)

FCB_KVB and Matakos repped this.
  10. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    FINALLY, this youtube channel has begun adding FCB II highlights again.

Here are the highlights for the most recent match against Bamberg.

Hojbjerg is #17. He makes the long pass to Friesenbichler to set up the first goal, then directly assists the 2nd with a pass to Derflinger.

Matakos and Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  11. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so in the future, we are still going to suck at taking penalty kicks. good to know
    Derflinger goal was excellent!

Matakos and Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  12. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Friesenbichler , 19 goals and 5 assists in 20 games this season ... :eek:

This kid is on fire !!

13. ZimbabweBob

ZimbabweBob Member+

May 16, 2007
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Has anyone at FCB said anything about playing Can or Hojberg in the upcoming BuLi matches?

14. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No, but there have been reports in some publications that Bayern youngsters are set to get a chance now that the title is wrapped up.

Can has been playing CB in the past few matches for Bayern II. I couldn't think of a better partner for him to learn from than Dante in the 1. BL.

I think Hojbjerg is also ready for some matches next to Schweinsteiger or Martinez. He will certainly make some mistakes, but now is as good a time as ever to make and learn from those rookie errors.

Matakos repped this.
  15. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He likely has more assists than that. Transfermarkt doesn't always record them for leagues lower than 3. Liga.

If I was a 2. BL club that needed a striker next season I'd be trying to get this kid on loan. He is a hard working striker with a deadly finish.

Notice he took Gomez's number when he was promoted to Bayern II? ;)

16. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He looks like Gomez

17. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :eek:

Yeah I did notice ... Is a coincidence or he's a fan of Gomez ??

When does his contract with us expire ??

If it was up to me I would give him a pro contract and then Loan him out to a 2.Buli team or even an weak Buli team, such as Nürnberg, Düsseldorf, Werder Bremen ( :D ... Kidding)...

18. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He has been compared to Gomez before and his father has said that he plays like Gomez.

His contract is up this summer. I figure he will renew for at least 1 season since he is the undisputed starter for Bayern II now.

Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  19. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern U19 won their most recent match 3-0 against FSV Frankfurt U19 despite playing with 10 men for half of the match.

Star winger Julian Green scored yet another goal to put Bayern U19 ahead 1-0 after 28 minutes.

12 minutes later Bayern U19 player Alexander Sieghardt (who has been impressive lately) was shown a red card after only 40 minutes. This forced our other star winger, Oliver Markoutz, to be subbed out for a more defensive player (Oikonomou).

However, even with 10 men Bayern U19 continued to press the game and managed to get two more goals from left back Ylli Sallahi (52nd minute) and central midfielder Sebastian Mrowca (64th minute).

Lineup -

Zingerle; Schmitz, Basta (Stadler 76.), Hager, Sallahi; Mrowca, Leo; Green (Seferings 72.), Sieghardt, Markoutz (Oikonomou 40.); Jelisic (Ingmann 79.)

Goals -
    Green 1:0 (28.), Sallahi 2:0 (52.), Mrowca 3:0 (64.)

The U19 matches are only 80 minutes long and you are allowed 4 substitutions.

Bayern U19 are now on 48 points with a record of 15 wins 3 draws and 2 losses. They are 1st place in the A-Jugend Bundesliga Süd/Südwest, 8 points ahead of Stuttgart U19 despite Bayern U19 having played 1 less match.

20. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DieRotenV2, what happened to Daniel Wein ?? Is he injuried ??

21. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I assume he is injured, he hasn't been in the team for any of their matches since the winter break. I haven't been able to find anything on it though.

Before the break he played the full 90 minutes in every match except one where he was suspended from two yellow cards the previous match.

Considering he was a central piece in the best defense in the Regionalliga Sudwest, was training with the first team and was never subbed out for any reason I believe he is indeed injured.

As far as the type and severity of the injury I do not know.

Can has been playing well at CB in his absence.

22. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mitchell Weiser came on as a substitute RW on 75 minutes for Kaiserslautern (he usually starts at right wing for them) against his former club Koln and had an immediate impact.

The highlights from his 15 minute cameo.

Note the sweet run and cross to set up the goal.

FCB_KVB and Matakos repped this.
  23. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern II played without Emre Can or Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg yesterday (presumably because they will play for Bayern against 1. FCN this weekend) and surrendered a 2-0 lead to end up losing 2-3 against the Schweinsteiger brother's former club, TSV 1860 Rosenheim.

Bayern II dominated the game but lost when Rosenheim took their chances.

The defense is not the same without Can or Wein.

Hojbjerg was subbed in late to try and save the game.

On the bright side Marius Duhnke has scored 5 goals in 4 games since earning a starting spot after the winter break.

Bayern II 2 - 3 TSV 1860 Rosenheim

Raeder - Rankovic, Pangallo (63. Hojbjerg), Buck, Chessa - Hürzeler, Strieder (76. Weihrauch) - Horn (53. Derflinger), Schöpf, Duhnke - Friesenbichler

Bayern II goals -
    1:0 Duhnke (22.), 2:0 Duhnke (31.)

--------------------------------------------------

Bayern U19 won 2-1 against Nurnberg U19 yesterday.

Alexander Sieghart's red card in the last match and Kevin Friesenbichler's recent promotion meant that coach Marc Kienle had to switch his tactics up and went with a 4-3-3 instead of his usual 4-2-3-1.

Right back Benno Schmitz was moved into central midfield, while Angelos Oikonomou slotted in at right back.

Star winger Oliver Markoutz scored after 13 minutes to give Bayern U19 a 1-0 advantage.

Left back Ylli Sallahi scored in his second consecutive match after netting last week to give Bayern U19 the 2-1 lead after Nurnberg U19 had equalized.

Bayern U19 2 - 1 Nurnberg U19

Zingerle; Oikonomou, Hager, Schwarz, Sallahi; Mrowca, Schmitz, Basta; Green, Markoutz; Jelisic

Bayern U19 goals -
    1:0 Markoutz (13.), 2:1 Sallahi (42.)

Fernando_Bayern_BR, Matakos and Lahmfan repped this.
  24. ZimbabweBob

ZimbabweBob Member+

May 16, 2007
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What position does Hojberg play? I know he's a CM but is he an attacking player, holding, defensive, etc.?

25. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hojbjerg can play DM, CM, and AM all at a high level.

He is a lot like Schweinsteiger or Alaba in that he could probably play any position on the pitch except goalkeeper.

ZimbabweBob repped this.