Bayern gg. Chelsea Post-Game Thread [R] (HEAVILY MODERATED)

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Hendrik, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Honestly I would rather not talk about Dortmund on this thread because of how it usually turns out

maybe on the other team thread

2. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can't believe that either, how have the FA managed that?

3. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ok thanks that explains it :D

4. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just Arrived in Brazil ... I'm torturing myself watching the game again that I recorded and some of the post-game analisys programs ... :cry:

PaoloFCB repped this.
  5. f.lauderdale striker

Sep 28, 2005
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Don't do it to yourself. You obviously wanted the win more than the players did.

6. AZFCB

AZFCB Member

May 11, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    did you notice anything that different compare to watching live....

7. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-ba...tml?cmp=fb&site=fcbayern-news&action=autopost

8. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I couldn't watch it ... :cry: ... But I was too tired of the Trip from Germany to Brazil ... Maybe today I'll gather the necessary strenght to Watch It again ...

9. AZFCB

AZFCB Member

May 11, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    they were a lot of rumors surrounding the players mental strength last 20 min of the extra time , do you heard or see anything?

10. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    After they Scored we didn't had the Mental Strenght necessary to win I think ... After Ribery was subbed and Robben missed the penalti everything went worse ... That was the time I think Müller was needed the most !! He always play his heart out !!

In the PK shootout most of the Players chicken out, that's why Müller got pist and Yelled to Tymo and Kroos because of their omission ...

In the end of the day, Chelsea players wanted the most ...

AZFCB repped this.
  11. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think they wanted it more, it was IN Munich. However the biggest issue imo is missing a penalty in later stages of a match. A team becomes demoralized afterwards. I remember in the group stage Germnay vs Serbia, went down 1-0 and were playing fantastic 2nd half where the equalizer was only a matter of time.. until the penalty. Germany earned a penalty, Podolski shot and missed. Germany played like crap the last 15-20 minutes after the penalty.

After Robben missed the penner, I knew they'd loose. One because when that happen was the final straw of things "not going our way" and also mentality wise, teams almost always crumble when they earn a penalty and miss in later stages of the match. After the penalty, the team was all over the place as well if I remember correctly.

miasanmia repped this.
  12. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I also think the penalty was the game decider, after that we had no confidence at all to win it ... When I say that Chelsea wanted more, it means that all Chelsea players believed in the win to the very end, while we (players) gave up, way sooner, and when you do that you just leave the glory for the others to seize it ...

13. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The reality is that they're phased very very easily and there are just too many examples of that. Up 2-0 against Roma, concede one and then fall apart, lead against Inter, concede one and eventually lose the game, concede against Napoli and become shaky, etc.

scorpio81 and Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  14. albert_mk87

albert_mk87 Member+

Aug 27, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The missed penalty and the injury of Ribery in the same time was the cherry on the cake. Everything went even worse after that. We tried almost every attack from our right side where Robben was mentally down.Maybe if we had a proper winger replacement instead of Olic we could have done something. What's done is done no point of talking about it now nothing can change

15. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Exactly !! Someone needs to slap the players faces and tell them to grow a pair ...

16. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Think the penner was the final straw, but we always get shaky when expected to play safe and defend a one-point lead. The team knows that our defense is vulnerable.

17. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Simply continue to play the same way then: Possession Football ... The team that has the ball doesn't conceed ... That's why Barça is so successful, their defence isn't that good either IMHO ...

When the players stop worrying about when/if we're going to conceed we are going to conquer europe again ...

18. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do have to say that Olic was wasted on the left. Could have used his tenacity in front of Chelsea's box, a place that we simply could not break down

19. f.lauderdale striker

Sep 28, 2005
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    You are absolutely correct. Especially after all of the important goals he scored during the run to the finals in 2010.

20. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Olic has never been the same after his injury ... And He had a clear chance of scoring moments after the Penalty... But instead of shooting, unmarked in front of Cech, he tried to pass to Van Buyten :facepalm: ...

PaoloFCB repped this.
  21. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

It was in the 117min. 3 min to the end If he scored that, that would have been the end.

22. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea but he still did well in his few cameos and he bring something that few others do. And he's a striker, to waste him out wide because there is no alternative for Ribery is a waste.

23. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let's not kid ourselves just because Olic is a likeable guy. He made up for his lack of skill by running until he dropped every match. Good player, but not a CL winning striker.

Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  24. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Huh? He was one of the big reasons we reached the final two years ago. Now he's not good enough? Considering the nature of the final and our opponents Olic could have made a difference but we'll never know because he wasn't used correctly.

25. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    FR, Olic is a old player that sustained a long term injury, and since then he hasn't been the same and never will... I like him too and he was extremely important to us in the 09/10 campaign, but Yes, he's not good enough right now and it's a shame that Ribéry had to went out, because Olic didn't do nothing besides missing an golden oportunity and a PK ...

PaoloFCB and Boandlkramer repped this.