Bayern gg. Chelsea Post-Game Thread [R] (HEAVILY MODERATED)

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Hendrik, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FCB_KVB

FCB_KVB Member+

Apr 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    2013 will be the FA's 150th anniversary. So UEFA decided to commemorate by naming Wembley as the venue.

poorvi repped this.
  2. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    That defeat was not surprising. Just remember, of the last six Champions Cup finals which Bayern reached, they didn't lift the trophy afterwards in five of them:

1982 0-1 vs Aston Villa
    1987 1-2 vs FC Porto
    1999 1-2 vs Manchester United
    2001 1-1 vs Valencia
    2010 0-2 vs Internazionale
    2012 1-1 vs Chelsea FC

The first four European finals Bayern reached, they won all of them (1967, 1974, 1975, 1976) but since then a total change of luck.

So while Bayern are likely to reach European finals, they are just not likely to win them. 2001 was the big exception.

The Bavarian Oak and Equilibrium repped this.
  3. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ...AND they are hosting the Olympics

4. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BTW, does anyone really care about Olympic Soccer?

5. AZFCB

AZFCB Member

May 11, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    truly correct if we lost out in regular venue, we won't be continue writing this tread ....it is just very sad time for Bayern........... sporting ways our offensive end didn't do their job on that day........

6. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Totally opposite of what was to be expected. Most everyone was concerned about the defense

7. scotholiday11

scotholiday11 Member

Nov 19, 2006
    My house
    Club:
    Southend United FC
    No not at all... can't say I care much about the Olympics in general tbh..

8. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    me not at all........

Boandlkramer repped this.
  9. Macedonian

Macedonian Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Berlin,Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Soooo..... Robben offered Gomez to take the penalty in OT, but Mario refused.

10. DerChef

DerChef Member+

Oct 5, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm sure the truth will start to emerge over time. I'm now thinking that Neuer should have taken the penalty in extra-time.

The Bavarian Oak repped this.
  11. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can't believe I am still depressed about this game, it hurts too much...

Still thinking about it 24/7, day and night...

I hope the euros will wash away this pain :(

12. Kleyn

Kleyn Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why don't we just close this thread? Everything has been said and I just want to forget this match.

13. f.lauderdale striker

Sep 28, 2005
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    With all this stuff coming out about more and more guys not wanting to take spot kicks, it's making it easier for me to get over the loss. If there are that many mental midgets on Bayern then they truly don't deserve to win squat.

14. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Mario turning down a chance at that PK is only news because Robben's kick didn't go in. Only one person gets to take it and, as Casillas pointed out in the semis, they are always a lottery. If Robben wanted it more than Gomez, then there's nothing wrong with Mario saying 'no' and Arjen taking it.

I've also got little qualm with Robben not taking a PK in the shootout. He'd already stepped up once and felt like he let the team down. And when we needed more than one PK taker Mario did step up. I won't jump on either of their cases because of these choices.

It's Kroos and Tymo that disappoint me the most. It's too bad, because I really like both of them as players and it's a bit of a let down to see them duck out on their teammates like that.

15. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Kroos did not want to take a PK because he missed against Real Madrid.

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

When you fall, you pick yourself up and try again...

17. Kleyn

Kleyn Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And miss it again in Champions League final. Great logic.

18. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know what to believe at this point. Gomez refused to take it in ET but took it in the shootout. Something's not adding up there.

19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Right, give up instead. That's so much better...

SoccerMIGermany repped this.
  20. DerChef

DerChef Member+

Oct 5, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We'll never get to know what really went on. Why didn't Schweinsteiger take the ET penalty? Did Gomez really duck out, or was he just asked out of politeness? Was Robben really 100% confident? Did he really want to take it?

I can see why Robben didn't want to take one in the shootout, but like SoccerMIGermany I am really disappointed in Tymo - one of our more experienced players - and Kroos, who has taken a PK for the National Team.

21. f.lauderdale striker

Sep 28, 2005
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Is any of this surprising? We already had one player punch another during halftime over a free kick in the first match vs. Madrid. I can't wait to hear what comes out next. It will probably be that Neuer asked Lahm to play goalie during the shootout and Lahm refused. It will also be revealed that Heynckes asked Usami to to take over as head coach during extra time, but Usami turned him down.
    Someone needs to get control of this team and get rid of this chicken sh**t .

bayern is god repped this.
  22. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well we did have the disciplinarian types with Magath and Van Gaal and the players complained about them. Then Mr. Nice guy Klinsi came in and the players complained about him too. Heynckes SHOULD be a happy medium between the two but he obviously doesn't have complete control over the team either.

23. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Mia san mia: FC Hollywood. Embrace the drama. It's not going anywhere.

24. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    South of Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Full article at the link, but Dortmund's really bad in Europe...in case we didn't know that already :) Since the Dortmund thread is closed, figured I post this here...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=1076510&root=uefachampionsleague&cc=5901

Even though Dortmund have secured back to back Bundesliga titles ahead of Bayern Munich, and did the double this season, they have done little in Europe in recent years. They were in the UEFA Cup in 2008-09 but failed to make it to the group stage, losing on penalties to Udinese in the first round. Dortmund then won only two of their six matches in the 2010-11 Europa League group stage, and on their return to the Champions League last season had only a victory over Olympiakos and a draw with Arsenal to show for their efforts.
    With just three European group stage victories over the past five seasons, Dortmund find themselves languishing way down in 66th in UEFA's coefficient table. Bolton Wanderers, relegated from the Premier League this season, are four places behind in 70th due to reaching the last-16 of the UEFA Cup in 2007-08.
    Dortmund were ranked 25th of the Champions League entrants last season, and could find they have dropped to 29th depending on who qualifies. There are six slots in pots two and three which can be affected by the qualifiers, but it is unlikely that enough of the sides ranked higher will fail to qualify for Dortmund to be promoted up to pot three. Also Galatasaray, ranked 60th, stand to benefit first.

25. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yet we haven't beat them 5x in a row