Bayern gg. Chelsea Post-Game Thread [R] (HEAVILY MODERATED)

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Hendrik, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerChef

DerChef Member+

Oct 5, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Couldn't agree more with this. Injury or not, DvB's introduction would have been as a statement of intent - or lack of it.

Ja na. Until next year.

Crisstti repped this.
  2. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd just like to add that Lampard also showed great sportsmanship after the game. It's hard to be sure about these things, but it looks like he and Schweini really have a lot of respect for each other.

odd1234, humin12 and Cris 09 repped this.
  3. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree. If you get into many finals, it's to be expected that you will lose some of them.

4. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes. Juventus lost 3 finals from 1997-2003. That was unbelievable.

Man Utd have lost 2 in 3 years too.

5. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Typical loser mentality. Winners only get into finals they win. ;)

6. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In that case, we are left with a very exclusive selection of teams which can claim to have a winning mentality. ;)

7. SLC25

SLC25 Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Jordan
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Drogba scored (lucky bastard :D) but he gave away a silly penalty too but the lucky bastard got away with it.
    Ca$hly was descent

8. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    You probably don't want to hear this, but I feel for you. After all the pain we'd endured in the CL (including losing finals where we were also the better side), Chelsea fans know the feeling. Still, I think you've got no reason to be downcast, you still have a great side. And in the next final, if our experiences are anything to go by, Gomez will find his shooting boots. Just not against us please.

nekkibasara, Crisstti, Cris 09 and 2 others repped this.
  9. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who gives a shite if we find our form? We lost a final at home, a chance we won't get for likely 2 more decades. All this next time bs means nothing now, we failed at the most important match ever in the club's history.

10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why do you say this? Muenchen hosted a great final with little incident. Wembley is about to host the final again after having hosted it in 2011 - twice in 3 years. It may verywell go back to Munich sooner than 20 years.

11. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I could sleep ... That's because I'm actually in München and been constainly drunk ... I can't get my mind off the game ... It's just too hard to be that close to achieving greatness and have it taken away from you that way ...

I really hope Germany win the EURO, let's see if that way the players stop with this loser mentality ...

12. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    A CL win in another stadium is still a CL win. Brazil may still regret not winning the World Cup in 1950, but I think they're comfortable with their 5 victories since.

MicFW, scorpio81 and Crisstti repped this.
  13. Kleyn

Kleyn Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, but what's the chance that Bayern will be in exactly that final?

14. GarmischaBua

GarmischaBua Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    meh. it's our second final in 3 years. we've got a good, young squad. We can challenge again. And fock the home thing, it was a pleasant formality (that might have even played into our opponents hands). Let's just win the damn cup.

MicFW, Crisstti, Dhajj and 2 others repped this.
  15. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeh well that's what I thought after the Barcelona penalty and Bayern one!

You MUPPET! but he made up for it mostly.

Ca$hly I can't stand as a person, but he was really good and against Napoli.

16. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's my point. Bayern blew the most important match in the club's history. What's worse, their "hero" is the one who missed the last penalty.

17. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    thats what i have been saying since the game ended!!!

18. Ricken

Ricken Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This one hurt but i got over it rather quickly. It gets no where near that 99 one.

19. Ribery7

Ribery7 Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Definitely. I think it was an advantage up until the penalties and then the fear crept into our players because suddenly it was out of their control (penalties are mostly luck). I think that their belief was so strong that they were going to win, and rightfully so considering how the game went for 120 min, that once it came down to penalties, they lost that confidence. That's why most players shied away from taking one.

After Gomez's beach ball miss I knew we would go on to lose this final. I don't know why but this is just how it works in this sport when you don't make the most of your opportunities.

20. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It is not the problem that we lost another final, that is excusable if for example we played Manchester United in the Bernebau. However, we lost a final which was literally handed to us on a plate. Chelsea did not know how to string a few passes together, were barely a threat all game and made several defensive mistakes. We had numerous chances to put the game away, and had a penalty in the 91st minute which would have sealed it.

There are no positives to take from this game, we were at home with a stronger squad than a team that had lost some of the finest players in the game (Ivanovic, Terry, Ramires and Meireles). It is a completely shocking and disgusting defeat regardless of how you try to spin it.

Equilibrium and Dhajj repped this.
  21. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I can't blame schweini for anything. He did a much better job with his penalty than Robben with his. He placed it with finesse and cech had no chance, unfortunately it a little too far to the right. Besides that - he is a German giant, now he has to win something so he doesn't end up with a forgettable career like Michael Ballack.

22. Crisstti

Crisstti Member+

May 29, 2010
    Chile
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agree, as long as we win it (soon) I couldn't care less WHERE we win it.

23. Crisstti

Crisstti Member+

May 29, 2010
    Chile
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Cole, that's another player I like very much... I remember he (and Owen) participated in a campaign in favour of dogs in the 2002 World Cup, so he's good in my book.

24. Crisstti

Crisstti Member+

May 29, 2010
    Chile
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He at least took one.

I understand that a player might not feel confident and so may decline or refuse to shoot a penalty in a penalty shoot-out, but what does that say really, about those players' confidence and capacity when they're in other moments of an important (and therefore, stressful) game?. An attacking player should have that confidence in the first place...

Cris 09 repped this.
  25. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fishy, isn't it? The New Wembley getting to host 2 champions league finals in the gap of 3 years. :sneaky: