Bayern gg. Chelsea Post-Game Thread [R] (HEAVILY MODERATED)

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Hendrik, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    in here please :cry:

2. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    no need for the tears Hendrik, i know this team will come back and win it .. have faith!

P to the Wee repped this.
  3. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Reaction to the Champions League final

http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/news/news/2012/35153.php

I can totally see Jogi giving us the same speech after the next semi/final loss at the Euros.

4. makkay

makkay Member

Sep 5, 2005
    it is true that only fools fall in love. If i have kids in the future i will not let them watch footy

4x4s repped this.
  5. PathfinderCS

PathfinderCS Member

May 19, 2012
    Whitesville, WV, USA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Bayern Munich will still exist from this defeat, and will remain strong. We'll get over this and hopefully be stronger next season. Hey, we need some silverware soon. :)

6. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    My main concern was Gomez actually, who looks like he makes the fewest touches in the game, but needs 4 - 5 chances to score. He had an equally embarrassing outlet versus Madrid until the winner.

humin12 repped this.
  7. terrypk1

terrypk1 Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am just going to say one thing.

Gomez is shit...He is not dependable in any important match. RAUS GOMEZ.

8. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Not to mention, the home advantage was huge. We could, and should've won this easy. I can't believe they gave it up like this. If we were the worse team, I would have felt better - but we were against a very reluctant side. Even our mediocre defense wasn't tested, shameful.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  9. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Don't be an idiot. We just need someone else in case Gomez is not scoring like today.

10. terrypk1

terrypk1 Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    don't forget to find a replacement for Robben..soon..he is a tumor in this team. Selfish, childish, always the old tricks, and has not the ball to step it up in the final shoot out.
    He missed 2 shoot outs this season..and as a result, we lost 2 titles. THe BL title and the CL cup...

11. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He is selfish, someone else has to step up for those PK's now.

12. Kleyn

Kleyn Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gomez :ROFLMAO:

13. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    This team will not win games like this until it gets better leadership. I'm sick of the crap about Bayern being a family club. Bayern is an employer and the players are their employees. You ******** up in important moments and you get sacked so why do Bayern give them new contracts after ********ing up? Also Lahm is no captain he is soft as butter the player's don't respect him.

SoccerFan4182 and walexxx19 repped this.
  14. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i say sell lahm to BVB

Crisstti repped this.
  15. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    from an outsiders prospective, i thought you guys played well. I would blame Gomez for being wasteful. Then... Robben for being a selfish one trick pony. Subbing muller out for Van Buyten and THEN Riberys injury was a HUGE tactical loss.

I thought Lahm was your best player on pitch. He did his work defensively and helped against the parked bus. I was hoping schweinsteiger would push forward when Van Buyten was subbed in. I don't think schweinsteiger hit a shot from distance the whole game. Robben kept smashing them fly high though. If not... it was denied by Cole

16. Nimreitz

Nimreitz Member+

Jun 25, 2003
    No. If you ever think of "next year" you have already lost. Making Champions League Finals is not promised, even to the best of players. It's now or never. We've now had 2 bites at the apple and come away with a mouth full of worms. For a day at least we don't have to be stupidly positive.

Equilibrium, humin12 and walexxx19 repped this.
  17. SoccerFan4182

SoccerFan4182 New Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Agree. I have nothing against Lahm. In my opinion, he is the best RB/LB in the world right now. But he just isn't the leader material. I hope i am wrong, but I don't really see him as a winning captain.

18. Donauwelle

Donauwelle Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Sorry, that is the last thing I believe in... (3 minutes before the end of the match...) - that is Heynckes favourite excuse that especially looks ridiculous when you see how Müller moves before that. And it is not the first time Heynckes uses it like this when he needs, too. If he would have waited until an overtime - yes...

Loddar repped this.
  19. Nimreitz

Nimreitz Member+

Jun 25, 2003
    And how the ******** can any of you say a single negative word against Lahm? How ********ing dare you. Go find another club to support if you want to do that. He's a bigger man than any of us. We couldn't even make it to our keyboards to type out "nooooooooo" and Lahm was on the pitch getting all of our players up off the ground to accept their medals. Lahm is a model captain and a model professional. I don't want to support a club, or feel solidarity with fans, that would jettison Lahm.

Hachiko, Minttunator, Loddar and 4 others repped this.
  20. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just fyi, muller asked to be subed for an injury he have. Today game is just a great example that football does not know big team or small team. it all comes down to how much a team want to win.

you can be as negative as you want. no one is forcing you to be otherwise. This is football, those worms WILL turn to butterflies one day.

Hachiko repped this.
  21. walexxx19

walexxx19 Member

Apr 26, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well said.

22. Crisstti

Crisstti Member+

May 29, 2010
    Chile
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Tired of people blaming him for anything. Of course he's captain material, and of course he's respected and looked up to by the other players. If he wasn't, there's no way he would be captain of both Bayern and the national team. He's a fantastic player who always steps it up in the important matches and always keeps a cool head. Who had the courage of taking a penalty despite having missed in the match before. And who apparently (I changed the channel after Schweini missed) got the rest of the players off the ground after the match instead of breaking down himself.

I love Schweinsteiger, I really do, but just why would he be a better captain?, he has periods when his level just isn't what it should be (wasn't he gifting goals in most matches for like six months the season before?), and he doesn't keep a cool head. Not only he gets more mad than he should, but look at how afraid he was in the match, couldn't even look at Robben take the penalty.
    You cannot win if you're playing afraid (and I don't say this just about him at all). You're obviously going to be more or less nervous in a match like this, but you cannot play afraid.

Props to Gomez for taking the penalty, but I really think he just isn't good enough. We need another striker to at least fight for the position. A great one, not some kid. This is not the first time we lose because we fail to convert chances, and that is mainly on him.

Robben... how I wish we had signed up Özil... sigh.
    Not sure who we could get that would be better now.

Oh, and Neuer is a beast. Just fantastic. If anyone else is a possible captain to me, it's him.

Minttunator, Loddar, FCB_KVB and 2 others repped this.
  23. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I like Lahm. I would rather have Schweini or Neuer as Captain though.

24. Crisstti

Crisstti Member+

May 29, 2010
    Chile
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BTW, I don't think we should take this as meaning anything to Germany's chances at the Euros. The Mannschaft is a superior team to Bayern, and it's going to do great, I'm sure. Plus, the national team has Klose :)

Cris 09 and Lahmfan repped this.
  25. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ribery and Robben will be rapidly declining as footballers pretty soon. I really feel bad for them and others such as DvB, Olic, Tymoschuk, etc, because it might be that they may never see such an opportunity again. Look, we've got a great young team and the core of it will definitely be around for quite some time. But the Champions League is a fickle beast and it's hard to tame for even the best of teams. There may come a point when players and fans will think about what could have been when looking back at 2 finals in 3 years. We could have the best team for the next 15 years and not go to the finals even once. As footyfan said last year, this is one of the most talented Bayern of all time and we're wasting it away.

nekkibasara, Loddar, FCB_KVB and 2 others repped this.