Battrick Thread Part V

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by Helghallen, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    if i had another good seamer I would bowl openers through. I'm not sure I want to open with a spinner.

2. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi there...

I signed up for Hattrick a little less than a week ago and was the only person on the WIndies waiting list during that time. Now this morning, I see the waiting list is down to 0, but I still haven't gotten an email.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

3. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just log in. Your team (Roslindale Rabbits) has been created in III.3. Not sure why you haven't gotten the email yet.

If that doesn't work, I can inquire in the sledging boards.

4. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still no luck, I'm afraid. I keep getting an incorrect password message.

I did try the Lost Your Password? link, but again did not receive an email with my password.

If you could prod someone for me that would be really awesome. Much obliged!

5. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    is there a chance you accidently mistyped your email address?

6. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try sending an e-mail to gm (at) battrick org uk -- according to the contact page, that's where GM-related stuff (account activation should qualify) is to be directed.

7. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I assume you got it worked out, since you accepted my offer of a friendly. :)

You'll be getting my "B" squad (meaning, no Seargeant, neither of my superb batsmen, neither of my trained bowlers). It's fortified with YPs, so it might still be a little over your head to beat them.

8. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was you!? Awesome. Thanks!

Good to hear about your big guns... I looked at your top players' Battrick Ratings and about crapped myself. :p

So I'm now beating around checking out the rules and forums, trying to use a little of that patience thing and not completely hork my team in the first week. This game feels so much younger than Hattrick! There are a lot fewer well established guidelines and/or newbie guides. Should be fun to fumble around for the next month or two.

Guess I should figure out how cricket is actually played now too! ;)

9. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This game is so much younger than Hattrick. There aren't even any injuries yet! And don't worry, this game is basically how I've been learning about cricket myself. :D

The only thing that I'm still feeling out is training. Unless you start doubling up nets, even 18-year-olds can take so long to pop.

10. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got in on the ground floor, and started out at a time when the YP process was a lot different than it is now. I've dabbled in the market for established players (never actually purchasing one), so I don't even know where that stands. My team was basically made by one monster YP -- Seargeant was pulled at proficient batting and good concentration a bit over a year ago, and he's gotten anywhere from three to six nets every week since then. I've worked around the edges on training other bowlers and bats, but haven't devoted a lot of nets to any of them (and all were reasonably good pulls too).

Out of my top five BTRs... one is Seargent, the next two are my trained bowlers (one a YP, one an original squad player), next is a YP bat who's been getting one net in batting for a good while (with another net thrown in for fitness intermittently), fifth is an original squad all-arounder who's gotten single nets for periods to work on fitness (and maybe fielding too, can't remember).

It doesn't look like your initial squad is as good as mine was... Newsome for me has never received a day of training, and is higher than anybody you've got. But... Elsegood at 17, what kind of skill has he got? He might be worth throwing some nets at if he's got a decent primary and half-decent secondaries.

11. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regarding guides...
    Unlike the oHTer game, individual orders in Battrick are (IMO) very poorly understood. I don't think anybody has a really good feel for how they work. If they do, I haven't heard about it (but admittedly, I haven't been looking too hard either).

The youth of the game works against guides, too... the most established players are like me, incorporated before the youth system changed. We don't have a whole lot of experience getting a team off the ground.

12. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i don't know if injuries are ever going to be added. personal fitness level is supposed to fill in for injuries.

13. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i don't mess with my orders that much, but have been known to play my spinner on defensive on occasion. it usually stymies the other teams runrate and gets at least a wicket.

14. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I put my younger/stamina-less bowlers on very defensive. I'm not sure how much this helps/hurts, though. I haven't really been tweaking the lineup enough to discern any real differences. My opening two bowlers I set on attacking and very defensive...the former is better than the latter and will almost always surrender fewer runs, but this setup is also the only time the latter has had a 5-wicket haul (he had six, to be precise). I need to do more testing on this the last few weeks of the season while I'm still glutting myself on bots. I think I'm-a gonna set 'em both to very attacking for tomorrow's game and see what happens, and then set them both to very defensive for my friendly on Sunday.

15. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Just pulled this guy:

Simon Hall (912428)
    RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
    A steady player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Norge Vikings
    Nationality: West Indies
    Battrick Rating: 4,555
    Wages: £503 p/w
    Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: woeful Concentration: abysmal
    Bowling: mediocre Consistency: respectable
    Fielding: abysmal

Listed for $5,000 since I have no idea how much he is worth.

16. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe in the neighborhood of 20,000 to 30,000 UKP?

17. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I might look into buying him myself. It kinda depends on when the deadline is and if I can access the site. If I am at work I won't be able to :(

18. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody know what the Twenty20 competition is?

And what'll the FC matches be for? Will they replace the shorter league games?

19. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Twenty20 is one innings of 20 overs only. so it's for very aggressive players. it'll start in the next off-season.

the FC matches don't take over for anything. They will take place on monday, tuesday, and wednesday. both teams have two chances to bat but sometimes the winning team only needs to bat once if they can bowl the opponent out twice for lower then their own total (think the home team in a baseball game not having to bat in the bottom of the 9th because they have the lead). if the end of play on the 3rd day is reached and play is still going on then the match is a draw.

20. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So are there going to be FC leagues? Or are they just gonna be there to be played?

21. revsfan21

revsfan21 New Member

May 20, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    I've tried twice to get into Battrick, but I usually just lose interest. Are there any good starting strategies or guides out there to help me?

22. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC leagues separate from our OD leagues.

23. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your best bet is probably JFW. I don't know if they have anything, but they seem like they would be the best place to start.

24. revsfan21

revsfan21 New Member

May 20, 2004
    Weymouth, MA

Link?

25. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look at Community >> Links.

JFW is on there, as is Battrix, both should be good resources.