Battrick Thread Part V

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by Helghallen, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy P

Andy P New Member

May 18, 2004
    Heh just read my post back - I really was throwing my toys out of the pram a bit eh? Not sure why I got so annoyed really, it was just a bit of a surprise seeing my slim chance of survival this season all but disappear.

Like you say though I can't really blame anyone but myself for being so dependant on 2 players. I finally have a decent bit of cash now so i'll be looking out for a couple more decent trainees to even out my team a bit.

I still find it pretty weird though that he was called up without the manager asking me his skills or what training he's getting or anything...

2. PirateJohn

PirateJohn New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    California
    Look on the bright side -- your players' experience is going to shoot up like fireworks.

3. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They can get an idea of skills just from a combination of BTR and wages.

4. PirateJohn

PirateJohn New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    California
    Not to mention the player's stats compared with difficulty of the league.

5. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yup. I'm one of the scouts, or was one of the scouts when I had time and I searched w/ minimum wages and btr guidelines... its fairly easy to tell who's good enough.

at the U-19 level anyone w/ over 4K wages is worth a look if they are 17yo and if they are 18/19 then 8k wages + warrants a look as well.

6. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many sports psychologists/pr officers do y'all use? It says in the rules that psychs help with consistency/concentration training; has anyone noticed how great an effect they have?

7. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i've got 9.

i'm getting secondary pops evey 4 or 5 weeks with a guy getting 2 bowling nets and 1 fielding net.

on that note, had an 18 yo bowler pop to sensational consistency to go with his superb bowling! a bowling pop should be arriving shortly.

8. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are we gonna do another BS Cup this season?

9. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many PR officers do y'all use?

10. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have run the first three cups, but now that I have zero access to battrick while at work, it makes it impossible to do.

If someone else wants to take the reigns I can host the website with scores/fixtures.

11. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Still scratching my head over why Battrick was banned and not Hattrick.

12. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They both are blocked for me, and rugbymania :(

Listed as "game" sites by our sensors.

13. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    I guess I should consider myself lucky I can still get HT then

14. Battrick_Rocks

Battrick_Rocks New Member

Mar 26, 2006
    Hey this anyone know where i can find a decent stadium calculator one on bt website dodgy.

15. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IIRC the percentages are 45-41-4-1. (Don't build until you get this corroborated.)

16. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the reward/penalty in terms of membership numbers for promotion/demotion? And what kind of sponsors' money do you guys get at DIII+?

17. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    the most members i've gotten at one time in III is 15

i get around 44k from my sponsors. they are estatic right now and I have 8 PR officers

18. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pro to insomnia: Being able to watch a match of mine for the first time in a long time. I'd forgotten how nice being able to follow the ball-by-ball report is--they really do a good job of making it fun to read. My friendly destruction of the top SA DIV teams rolls on!

19. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, and another thing: Is there any way to rename your team after you take it over? I don't think there is, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

20. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i thought you could do so during the off-season. i think it takes some money out of your bank account.

21. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A recent tip by one of you paid off, to have your best bowlers bowl straight through.

In my friendly against my friend's team on Sunday I had my two top spinners bowl thru on a dusty pitch.

Although they didn't get that many wickets, they kept the score down and then my best seamer came on and three wickets fell and I ended up reducing him to less than 200 runs and an eventual win :D

22. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i might have to try that.

my best bowler just popped so he is now quality/sensational

i can pair him with my awesome spinner and just have them go straight through, as they both have strong stamina.

23. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been trying to buy a young spin bowler to train for the past 4 days but I haven't been online to see bidding end and I've missed out on 5 players because someone always bids a couple thousand higher than me at the last second and wins the bidding. So frustrating...

24. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was me! :D

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8954330&postcount=9

It really does make a difference, especially against top-heavy batting orders, which is what almost everyone uses.

Battrick is very slow for me right now, but I remember that once the openers roll through the first 20 overs, it's your number 4 guy that'll eat up a lot of the next set. I think that match went 35 overs with no. 3 taking 4, no. 4 taking 7, and no. 5 taking 4. I'll verify this later when Battrick lets me.

I'm up to 2nd on NRR in DIV. I'll easily take first next week and remain there. The best part is I've been TIEing every match of the season thus far, and I'm gonna unleash one final GFI in the last game. I love my bot league.

25. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i'm saving up my ITS for the Windies national teams at the moment. i'm up to 98 right now, and will have 100 after this next update. I'm keeping my academy at superb, so I can max out a few 17 year olds at the start of the next season. i'm hoping to pull a beast. plus i'll be able to give him at least 5 nets.