Battrick Thread Part V

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by Helghallen, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    got hammered in the opening 3 overs but I've taken 2 wickets... this match could be done quick.

2. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of those cheap trainees I bought two days ago...they've played in one game and have one training update, and one of 'em has already popped in experience and batting.

Good times!

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Drew a human... he's active - but not very good. I'll no doubt be into the next round.

The pops. Oh BOY, the pops.

Owens to Remarkable/Wonderful batting, (med. exp)

Coutts to Strong/Wonderful bowling

4. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i had one pop. my star bowler to superb bowling to go with exceptional consistency!

5. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    crashed out of the cup. My backups weren't good enough to beat the botified human. Oh well.

6. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got a player that fits the minimum requirements of the U-19 squad, but even South Africa gets ratings above what he'd be able to help with. I submitted his stats anyway, cos it's an open camp, and I'm happy I have a guy who's good enough to qualify at all.

7. PirateJohn

PirateJohn New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    California
    I'm doing quite well so far, holding my only competition for promotion to less than 4.5 runs per over. I'm not getting my hopes up too much, though, as his team's real skill is in bowling.

But I set my top two batsmen, each with strong batting and one with exceptional concentration, to attacking. Hopefully they'll be able to rack up a lot of runs quickly.

8. PirateJohn

PirateJohn New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    California
    Ugh, my team is falling apart. I'm getting pretty pissed off...

Runrate after 35 overs: 4.31
    Runrate after 47 overs: 5.32

9. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's nothing unusual for the last ten overs.

10. PirateJohn

PirateJohn New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    California
    Well, fortunately, my opening partnership is stuff of legend, so I chased their 284 with just my two openers. I'm now almost certain to get promoted to DII next season. Whether I can stay there is another story...

11. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Phillip Ashieq (806968)
    RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
    A defensive player with superb leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Norge Vikings
    Nationality: West Indies
    Battrick Rating: 1,419

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: woeful
    Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
    Bowling: mediocre Consistency: woeful
    Fielding: worthless

Listed for $0

12. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh. I just bought a couple 17-year-old trainees and set 'em up with nets before I realized they had proficient and strong leadership respectively. With the sorry state my team experience is in, the strong one immediately became my captain.

Does anyone know if battrick's league/friendly experience difference is about the same as hattrick's?

13. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    There's been lots of evidence to suggest experience is linked to performance and milestones.

There's a school of thought that says 5 wicket hauls (5wickets in one innings) and centuries boost experience dramatically (in league play some say 5 or so centuries bump up a level of experience) while 4wicket hauls and half centuries have minor effects on experience.

Of course NT play also helps experience. I believe that milestones boost experience because my 2 best batsmen are my most experienced.

14. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    oops I meant to post that in the transfer thread. Sorry.

15. PirateJohn

PirateJohn New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    California
    Do cup matches count extra in BT like they do in HT? I'm getting pretty far in the cup and have been able to play my first team without trouble since I've been bot-stomping throughout the cup thus far. So if cup matches count extra in BT like they do in HT, my team should be gaining some serious experience right now.

16. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i've got Norse Athletic Club in the next round of the Cup!!

17. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm not sure, perhaps - but the difference will be negligeble I think.

Pushovers, the lot of them ;)

18. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I've got a series mate next in the cup and he's going to be my main rival for promotion as well.

I'm seriously considering upping my max capacity at my ground from 31K to 45K.

I'm not selling out just yet, but in my one home game this season I drew 30K+

I figure I'll sell out my next home game but the problem is I only make about 16K in weeks when I don't have a home game and that's including the 36K or so I get for cup attendances. In other words, once I'm out of the cup - considering the new maintainence costs if I upgrade I'll be losing 40K a week.

I've got money - but I don't want to hemmoraghing away funds because if I promote I'll need to make a purchase or two you know?

I just feel like I should be spending on SOMETHING but I can't afford a player that will genuinely improve my team and it seems like a stadium up grade isn't the best idea right now.

I guess I'll just pretend I spent on a stadium upgrade and keep the money asside for later on in the season.

The major problem is that if I DO get a home cup game I'd like to make the most of it.

I don't know when that home cup game will come if it ever does and if it comes late I'll probably be able to make up in 1 match a great deal of moula.

Stuck!!!

19. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So this new trainee I've had for about three weeks and four matches has already popped in experience twice. In those four games he's collected a total of three wickets and batted for two runs. It's kinda odd--but totally welcome--especially considering the other trainee I got at the same time hasn't popped once.

20. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That IS very weird.

I've got a tough away cup match coming up.

I've got the better team according to the reporters, but we'll be playing on a dusty wicket but I'd feel more comfortable if I had another spinner as this is one of the few teams that I will have met w/ better spinners than I've got.

21. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing I didn't mention about that trainee with two experience pops in four matches: The first match was a cup fixture, so maybe that had something to do with it, and for the last three I've been playing him as my captain. I can't say either way if him being captain has impacted his overall experience, but it's the only other variable I can see that might have given him a boost.

22. Andy P

Andy P New Member

May 18, 2004
    Oh for christ sake! Just logged on to battrick and found I had a new message about International call ups. I assumed it would be telling me that my star batter had been dropped from the India U19s as I requested but nooooooooooo turns out my one decent bowler is good enough for the Windies U19s :mad:

I guess a lot of people would love to be in a position to have 2 NT players but what you need to realise is that if these 2 were both off on tour at the same time I wouldn't have a SINGLE player with a primary above strong - and i'm meant to be trying to stay up in theoretically the hardest league in the world!

I know my situation is my own fault for having a 2 man team but what really annoys me is that I havent had any warning he was in line for a call up. Apart from the windies old manager asking me his skills about 6 months ago I had no idea he was even in consideration until just now. If i'd known I could have started planning towards a more even team earlier and i might well have wanted to sell him :(

Anyway rant over and i'm going to bed. Will be sending the Windies u19 manager an annoyed bt mail tomorrow...

23. PirateJohn

PirateJohn New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    California
    Wow, I didn't realise Sir Alex Ferguson was a Battrick player...

24. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    There's always been the possibilty that highly trained players get called up. Of course - there's also the possibility that you will lose a match because you lack balance if you've got 1 or 2 superplayers and no depth.

If you hadn't had 2 uber players then you couldn't have them called up. I say live with it and move on.

25. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    17 yo WK to proficient keeping and mediocore conc on 1 net after 1 update!

18 yo batsmen to proficient conc, feeble stamina, and proficient fielding