Battrick Thread Part V

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by Helghallen, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fitness Levels
    As some of you may have noticed, players receiving nets have lost more fitness this week than you may previously have experienced. This was due to us finding a bug in the training routine which had previous meant that players were only losing fitness for one net. This has now been corrected so that all net sessions are taken into account when determining their new fitness level.

2. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dan, I don't know how many is actually the norm for internationals. If you're concerned about it going forward, Asterix could probably tell you how many nets most of the batsmen on the Windies team are getting.

AAGunner, that announcement is a week old. Seargeant is now dropping to invigorated on training, the downside being that this week he didn't rebound before the ODI and is still at invigorated now that it's matchday.

3. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do y'all usually handle stadium expansions? Do you expand whenever you start selling out, or do you wait for you sponsorship money to climb up and help you be in the black on a weekly basis?

4. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I expand once I start selling out, or if I have the money, once I get close to selling out. If you are promoting or playing well then you can expand past the point where you break even based on sponsor money etc because once you are getting good crowds you'll be making a good deal of money.

5. Battrick_Rocks

Battrick_Rocks New Member

Mar 26, 2006
    Hey i need some help with this current squad

Squad Details (16 Players)
    Sammy Best - 25 yo, BT Rating=3,447
    RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
    A defensive player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.
    Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
    Bowling: competent Consistency: mediocre
    Fielding: abysmal

Ryan Brady - 26 yo, BT Rating=6,101
    LH Batsman, LF Bowler, strong batting form, feeble bowling form, sublime
    An attacking player with respectable leadership skills and feeble experience.
    Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: abysmal Concentration: respectable
    Bowling: competent Consistency: abysmal
    Fielding: feeble

Ray Frazer - 27 yo, BT Rating=6,628
    RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
    An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and feeble experience.
    Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: mediocre
    Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
    Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful

Brad Furlong - 22 yo, BT Rating=5,231
    LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, sublime
    An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
    Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: feeble
    Batting: mediocre Concentration: feeble
    Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre
    Fielding: competent

Malcolm Graham - 20 yo, BT Rating=6,159
    RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
    A defensive player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
    Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
    Bowling: competent Consistency: mediocre
    Fielding: woeful

Jonathan Hearn - 20 yo, BT Rating=3,030
    RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
    A defensive player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.
    Batting: abysmal Concentration: feeble
    Bowling: mediocre Consistency: feeble

Sean Hudson - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,650
    RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, respectable bowling form, drained
    A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.
    Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: respectable Concentration: feeble
    Bowling: competent Consistency: feeble

Rob Jakobus - 23 yo, BT Rating=2,526
    LH Batsman, LM Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
    A destructive player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
    Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: mediocre Concentration: woeful
    Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre

Brett Mcconnell - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,157
    RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
    A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
    Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: competent
    Batting: feeble Concentration: competent
    Bowling: competent Consistency: abysmal
    Fielding: worthless

Shaun Mohammed - 20 yo, BT Rating=3,142
    LH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
    A steady player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
    Batting: competent Concentration: woeful
    Bowling: woeful Consistency: woeful

Jonathon Mullis - 17 yo, BT Rating=2,264
    RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, proficient batting form, competent bowling form, sublime
    An attacking player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
    Batting: mediocre Concentration: worthless
    Bowling: competent Consistency: worthless

Glen Nico - 17 yo, BT Rating=2,847 [transfer listed]
    RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, respectable bowling form, sublime
    A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
    Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: competent
    Batting: woeful Concentration: worthless
    Bowling: feeble Consistency: worthless

Bradley Rhodes - 21 yo, BT Rating=4,347
    RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
    A destructive player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
    Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: mediocre Concentration: feeble
    Bowling: woeful Consistency: mediocre

Jimmy Small - 26 yo, BT Rating=3,876
    RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
    An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and woeful experience.
    Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: mediocre Concentration: woeful
    Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal

Nathan Thackeray - 27 yo, BT Rating=3,117
    LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
    A destructive player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
    Batting: woeful Concentration: woeful
    Bowling: mediocre Consistency: feeble
    Fielding: mediocre

Kieran Thebe - 17 yo, BT Rating=3,965 [transfer listed]
    RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, sublime
    A cautious player with feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.
    Batting: competent Concentration: worthless
    Bowling: mediocre Consistency: abysmal

Currentley kieran thebe is getting sold with an offer for 14000 and glen nico has being put on the mark for 0 starting price and no offers

6. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol... what sort of help... that's the entire freakin squad...

on to other things...

Who's worried about FC and the stamina of your players? I've managed to get 13 players who I'd have no qualms starting at all. The other 4 aren't rubbish, but I wouldn't want to start more than one or two and they won't be getting training, but they'll fill roster spots in FC and OD matches just to make up numbers and to ease the load on the other players.

I do need to increase stamina and as such I'll be bumping up from 3 fitness nets to 5. Maybe by the end of the next season I'll be where I need to be in regards to stamina.

7. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Train the crap out of this guy. All rounders are going to be as precious as solid gold diamond-encrusted animal crackers once first class matches start.

If you can't afford nets yet, you might consider putting this guy on the transfer list at an unreasonable price, hoping someone will bite. You'll miss him - a LOT - but you'll be able to train two or three guys up to where they can contribute. Youth academies and nets are for the rich, unfortunately.

Not surprised no one's nibbling on your wicket-keeper on the transfer list. I don't know anyone who's confident enough to keep a good fielder, or even a good wicket keeper, in the lineup in place of a bat. That might not be good strategy, but as far as the transfer list is concerned, no one's buying anyone just for defense.

Would people agree on this order of business: get a full slate of nets going so you can train players enough to get a few wins, then expand the stadium to where you can make money playing home games, then getting a full-ride youth academy? The YA's in Battrick, as opposed to Hattrick, seem like such high-investment deals, especially if you're like me and don't want to pull a 17 year old until all 34 spots are accounted for.

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think for someone just starting the game as opposed to those who were arround initially, funding the youth academy isn't really worth it right off.

I agree with training the hell out of that allrounder. He needs first and foremost 1 stamina net and then 2 nets each in batting and bowling AND if you have the room or the balls 1 fielding net.

Another thing you can do is give him 2 batting until he pops again and then switch to 2 bowling. I say batting first because its more important to have him be good enough in 1 position rather than average in 2.

9. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The top team in South Africa has mediocre fielding. Do people not care about fielding in this game?

10. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    you only train fielding if you are trying to raise secondaries... its not worth it otherwise imo. I mean, would you rather save 20 runs in the field or have a batsman who can score 20 more runs?

11. Battrick_Rocks

Battrick_Rocks New Member

Mar 26, 2006
    I am tossing and turning whether to sell or keep him currentley i am giving him a little rest cuz he is drained out from all the training ive being giving him

12. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Getting raped in the arse again today, relegation looms :(

13. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Off to a new start... experimenting with the batting order today. I've got star bat Owens coming in at 5. In a bid to keep his fitness very high. He has usually opened but I'm opening with a guy who's done well in the lower order and I've got my allrounder down from 3 to 4 and my usual 6 is at 4. Owens at 5 should be enough for him to rescue us if we get in trouble and get rest if we don't need him.

14. PirateJohn

PirateJohn New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    California
    Does anybody have the economist breakdown for Battrick? I'm sitting on a little over 500k pounds right now.

15. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Train stamina, if you can. It might not be necessary right this second, but it tops out a lot sooner than any other quality, and it pays off down the road for the rest of that player's career.

Keep in mind, though, I'm still learning this game, too. I think MassRef is really onto something, that ignoring fielding is hurting a lot of our teams. I wonder whether a team that could only field could beat a team that could only hit or that could only bowl.

To put my money where my mouth is, here's where I'm putting my nets:

For my pretty darn good wicket keeper, batting and keeping. Keeping because I took the "catches win matches" advice to heart, batting because the last thing I need is someone standing up there like an American League pitcher in the World Series.

For my U-19 batsman, fielding, two batting, and stamina. The stamina should top out soon enough, freeing up a slot.

For my 17 year old double respectable, one fielding, one stamina, one batting, one bowling. Curses to the realistic but unhelpful decision to curtail the consistency and concentration bonuses for youngsters. The batsman in the previous paragraph can lift an X-wing fighter out of the swamp with his mind (that's telekinesis, Kyle!), while the youth pull here has to be kept away from shiny objects.

So, that's three players who are going to get any better, ever. For the moment, I'm winning, because I rarely get far enough down in the order for my mediocre players to hurt my overall run total. In first class games, where every one of these clowns has to bat, and my poor bowlers have to just keep on tossing grapefruit after grapefruit, I might fall straight down the elevator shaft.

But I don't see how training five guys to bat and five guys to bowl is any more helpful, since that's still five automatic outs at the bottom of the order, and no fielding or stamina whatsoever. So I'm putting three guys in business class and the rest in the cargo hold.

16. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I've got 3 financial advisors and I've got 680K in the bank, its earning me 17K a week... I might bump up again soon.

17. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just bought a new bowler trainee. After missing out on a couple 17s I was bidding on I decided to go a year older. Not sure if I overpaid or not but I don't care, if I decide to resell in a couple seasons I'll get my million back and then some.

Glenn Stanford - 18 yo, BT Rating=13,560
    RH Batsman, RM Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
    A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.
    Batting: worthless Concentration: feeble
    Bowling: strong Consistency: proficient

18. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know how fast players gain concentration/consistency? Especially since they flipped it so older players gain it quicker...

19. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    No one I have talked to had gotten a feel on this one yet.

Another question, anyone had Fitness problems? Up until recently fitness was never a problem but now I have a guy getting three nets but has yet to play in either my Cup or league match this week and I can't get the mofo off fair (actually just checked and he went to moderate today finally).

20. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Until the end of last season in the BS Cup when he was playing two matches a week, my 3-net guy never had much of a problem with maintaining high fitness. Then again, I TIE'd all but one match last season. Even so, I guess you could say I learned that, fitness-wise, three nets and two matches more than overcomes a TIE.

21. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Does TIE and GTI really impact individual players or is it only the squad rating?

22. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As best as I can tell the squad rating is only an approximate average of each individual's rating. My reason for believing this again goes back to my three-netter. I got my squad (14 players) and each individual rating to sublime. Then the BS Cup started and the three-netter's rating started to slide down to fresh and lively (sounds like a shampoo), and my team rating after that refused to go above energetic. So yeah, I think TIE and GFI hit the individuals' ratings which is then calculated to figure the squad's rating.

23. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it just me or do fewer people sit on bids in Battrick compared to Hattrick? It seems like people just hop on, bid on a player, and hop off. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, just observing.

24. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joys of being in a bot league part 34:

I just picked up a couple of cheap potential all-arounder trainees that would normally kill me in those 20 middle overs they'll be bowling in if it weren't for the fact that the strongest top order I'll be facing this season is feeble. And then by the time next season rolls around they'll have their sea legs under them for the real-live humans I'll be facing in DIII.

Life is good. :D

25. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    I think part of it is shear numbers. Far mor people on HT so you are more likely to have someone sitting there watching at any given time.

I know for my part I am on the other side of the globe from most other BT players so most guys are ending while I am sleeping.