Battrick Thread Part V

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by Helghallen, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Continued here......

2. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    page 1 biatches!!!

3. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a predictably easy bot-bash today, with the only negative being how quickly Seargeant was dismissed... I expect more out of him than that... even with two wickets taken out of the first four players, I still posted a superb top order.

4. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Won with a TIE and got my fitness level back up to moderate. With 20 points I'm 4 back from the top 2 teams and 8 ahead of the #5 spot. With a win next week I'll be all but guaranteed of staying up without playing a playoff.

5. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    won by 10 wickets... bowled the other team out for 25 and then the slow pokes took 4.2 overs to get the damned runs.

6. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i lost, still in 7th place. fitness is high, but morale is low.

7. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    get urself some PR Officers... they will help take the sting out of things.

8. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i think i have 8 right now, i had 6 last week, hired two more for safety's sake. I've lost 5 league matches in a row, so it went down, but not as fast as it would have if i had no PR Officers

9. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ahh... well it will get better sooner or later.

In other news...

I'll be putting my all-rounder on the market soon as I picked up a good bowler w/ my youth pull today...

Ian Rigler - 18 yo, BT Rating=2,984
    RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable form, Healthy
    A cautious player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.
    Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: feeble
    Batting: abysmal Concentration: mediocre
    Bowling: respectable Consistency: abysmal
    Fielding: woeful

now who said they wanted an allrounder w/ good bowling?

here he is...

Mohamed Dushantha - 25 yo, BT Rating=4,746
    RH Batsman, RF Bowler, worthless form, Healthy
    An attacking player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.
    Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: mediocre Concentration: abysmal
    Bowling: competent Consistency: proficient
    Fielding: abysmal

he'll start at 350K as soon as whomever had said they wanted him says so... was it kopite?

10. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, it was me, I'll go check him out. I doubt i will win a bidding war, but at least you are guaranteed a bid.

11. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    cool... he's listed.

12. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a bit outside of page 1...

I now face the #2 and then the #1.... going to be tough and interestin the next couple of weeks.

13. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Made the minimum bid, there is actually a better player listed for less, so if I get outbid I am switching my attention to him!!

14. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I hinted at before the match, Norse is going for it against Borderliners in the cup today. We're off to a very good start, with the opening partnership already over 100 runs and no wickets conceded. It looks as though the other predicted finalist is in trouble as well, as The Bosstones are only managing a run rate of 3.3 against Cow Shot Corner XI.

I'm looking forward to seeing my match ratings... I'd bet I can hit at least exceptional and probably sensational top order.

15. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Borderliners doesn't seem to be too thrilled with my decision to GFI. :p As I said in reply, though, I didn't think I'd win with normal vs. normal.

The opening partnership is now at 250 runs, I think this is going to easily be my best ever competitive opener.

16. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the partnership is broken by Seargeant falling at 139 runs (272 for the pair), followed shortly after by Surman (with Pook turning in a one-ball duck after that :eek: ). Anderson with a hattrick as Cox is taken in the same over as Surman and Pook.

17. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Can anyone with supporter pull up the commentary from my game with KC Hammers (177126)? I won 321-318 with both of us at 50 overs which means I won on the last ball with a 4 or 6 run shot.

18. Andy P

Andy P New Member

May 18, 2004
    I havent got supporter so i cant tell you the exact commentary but i can tell you you won it with a 4 since neither of the not out batters got a 6. You could also have won it with a 3, but i guess thats impossible since 12 of Emerton's 14 runs were fours and 4 of Meadowcroft's 5 runs were.

19. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Won my bot game on TIE.

With a 250k sale, I will now have more than 1 million in the bank at week's end.

20. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm out of the cup... I TIE'd.. against Shadowdale and lost.... a few positives from it though. I put up numbers that would make me very competitive in the series next year while TIEing which means another good run in the cup most likely... unless of course I manage to promote which won't be a bad thing either.

21. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got my first BT WTF match, putting up monster numbers that beat Borderliners on balance (bigger edge to me in batting than he had in seam bowling) but still losing as Chris Surman laid an egg. I've been thinking for the last couple of weeks that my batting has improved to the point where I'm back to needing to improve the bowling, and this match really cements that for me -- especially considering that once injuries come around, I don't have the depth bowling that I do batting.

One thing I wonder about... my worst bowling performance came from an all-arounder, normally a decent bowler, who went for a century in his innings. His stamina isn't awful at mediocre, but I still wonder if he was a little tired.

Norse bows out of the cup with sensational top order batting, remarkable seam bowling, and no regrets.

22. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, I mentioned this on the cup thread in sledging as well, but I have to ponder whether to go for promotion or pull a StocksQuest, stick in III, and load up for a cup run.

23. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    its a tough decision to make... in the end promoting is best for your team however not too many can say they won a cup... i hope they make it so that going far in the cup is more rewarding... u should get 50 supporters each game in the cup as well as the price of admission should be upped by about 35% to increase revenue... there has to be a good reason to do well in the cup.

24. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    my youth pull is at 50k, anyone want to bid him up a little more :) i think there is a day left

Jerome Byles (343150)
    RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable form, Healthy
    A defensive player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Wicketkeepers
    Nationality: West Indies
    Battrick Rating: 2,789
    Wages: £635 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
    Bowling: competent Consistency: woeful
    Fielding: mediocre

edit: my fitness level also just went down, for no reason. wtf

25. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000