Battrick thread, Part IV

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by Bluto11, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy P

Andy P New Member

May 18, 2004
    The way i see it you should just go for it and ... er.. go for it. Like you say who knows if you'll ever have the chance to get this far again.

I have the opposite dilemna, got to decide if it's worth risking a TIE at home to the worst side in the league.

My last ratings (on a flat pitch, which it will be on friday):

Sherwood CCC
    Top Order: competent
    Middle Order: mediocre
    Lower Order: abysmal
    Seam Bowling: mediocre
    Spin Bowling: respectable
    Fielding: feeble

And his (dusty pitch):

spankysallstars
    Top Order: competent
    Middle Order: feeble
    Lower Order: woeful
    Seam Bowling: feeble
    Spin Bowling: competent
    Fielding: mediocre

Looking at those it probably wouldn't be worth the risk, but the question is whether the boost in fitness for the matches i've got coming up against my main relegation rivals would be worth possibly dropping points here against the team that are pretty much certain to go down.

What do you all think?

2. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    well for starters I'd say why in heavens name are you selling that 18yo respectable... u need better bowling.

I'm not sure u would pull of a TIE... what's your fitness at now?

if its good then perhaps u can risk it as his won't be great seeing as he's autodemoting... if u don't think or u aren't sure u have the fitness advantage or perhaps think he might GFI then PiN.

Depending on who you've got afterwards I'd PiN.

3. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are his stats? If he's a really good prospect, you should get him another batting session and possibly a fielding session as well IMO.

4. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It depends on how much his presumably pro-seam bowling lineup will be affected by your presumably pro-spin pitch, I should think.

How's your fitness right now -- are you going to be killing it with a GFI or are you up near the top right now?

5. Andy P

Andy P New Member

May 18, 2004
    The money from the 18yo will be spent with what i have in the bank on a new bowler, probably a 17yo respectable with secondaries.

My fitness is at fair at the moment. I think your right a PIN would probably be my best bet. No real point risking what should be my easiest points of the season just to slightly increase my chances of points in the coming weeks.

The 2 matches after it are both winnable, but not against the teams i really need to be taking points off.

6. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    nope... my pitch is pro seam... weird I know... I don't think I've got enough time to change it to dusty... I'm trying anyway... maybe where ever it is in between may give me a chance.

7. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i'm so pissed right now. I've had the top bid for a respectable/medicore, medicore stamina, 19 year old bowler for three freaking days. Someone bid this morning, then I outbid them and I just checked the player because I was away from my desk, and the other person outbid me to take him. The bidding ended 7 minutes ago! ******** ******** ********. He cost 250k. I could've used him to bolster my crappy bowling. I think if someone has had the top bid for more then two days no one else should get to bid on him. ********.

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    sorry bout dat... u get used to it in hattrick... I'd suggest setting an alarm on your watch or pc to remind u when a player's going to end... otherwise there's a good chance u won't get him.

I'm midding for Bransen from Romagol and the biddings at 150K I'll be happy to get him for that but I'm pretty sure someone will come in for him.

Does anyone know if keepers help your bowling?

9. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i was bidding on a strong/medicore bowler with medicore stamina, but stopped when it got over 507k, too rich for my blood. The guy with the top bid now has a 300k+ bid on another player. Methinks if he gets both he is going to be in some serious debt, unless he's rolling in the money.

edit: i just checked his transfer history. he got 1.2 million for a player, so i think he's got the bank roll. damn rich people!

10. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ouch... sucks ass man.

11. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i could've kept going up, but then I would be real close to 0 in the bank. and once I saw he had just gotten 1.2 mil for a player (highest transfer fee in battrick right now) I knew I would've been outbid no matter what.

12. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    got this guy today:

Robyn Gardner (67787)
    LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, strong form, Healthy
    A steady player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Wicketkeepers
    Nationality: Australia
    Battrick Rating: 8,301
    Wages: £768 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: respectable Concentration: feeble
    Bowling: respectable Consistency: competent
    Fielding: feeble

paid 450k, more then i wanted, but i had to make a big final bid to be sure to get him. I'm going to give him fitness and fielding training for sure.

13. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nice... I saw that auction and nearly got in on it... but then I saw you up there and decided against it... more fish in the sea... no need to compete against a fellow BS'r

EDIT:

End of Over 11: 18-5, runrate=1.64

:D got them up against the ropes.

14. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    End of Over 18: 25-10, runrate=1.39

LOL... this on TIE orders... that's rediculous... I want this match done in 2 overs to bump up my NRR.

15. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    thanks!

i've now hit 58-7

i suck. i'm playing the #1 in my series (Saint Barth Blondes)

16. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    haha, nice.

weren't you worried about playing this guy, or was that someone else?

edit: has to be someone else, he's in last place in your series!!

17. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yeah... its the guy after this dude... he's no. 1 and I was worried about my cup match affecting my chances of beating him and what use winning either the cup match or the league match would be.

18. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Won by 10 wickets today against the weakest team in my league.

BigSoccer Battrick Cup starts on Sunday :D

19. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    if you think you are going to lose the CUp match anyways you should TIE in it and have your fitness go up.

i actually scored 94 runs and took two wickets from this guy. My opening bowler did ok, no wickets but only allowed 15 runs from 5 overs.

20. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I checked out this guy's schedule and he's had 1 normal sandwhiched by 2 TIE's there's no way I can beat him if he normal's me, which is what he'll likely do so yeah... im gonna tie, and get whooped. The good news is though that I'll likely have the TS to Normal/GFI and beat the snot out of the series leaders.

21. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO