Battrick thread, Part IV

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by Bluto11, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    ok, so i ost by nine runs. When I submitted my orders the groud had a flat pitch and now it is on slow. How the hell did that happen? I swear to god it had a flat pitch, which I figured would be good for the batsmen. But the scorecard now says it is a slow pitch, yet he scored 306 and I scored 297 or something like that. I've scored my highest scores on a slow pitch, which doesn't really make sense.

2. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Battrick thread, Part III

Wow, I burned a PIN unnecessarily today. Norse won the delayed league match by 300 runs :eek:, 360-1 to 60 all out. Sulieman Seargeant had a beast of an innings, putting up 161 runs not out on 144 balls. None of the bowlers particularly distinguished himself as the wickets were spread evenly among the four that actually bowled. From the "wow" department in ratings, we had a superb top order and competent middle order, along with proficient seam bowling (and competent spin bowling, though my spinner didn't appear) and competent fielding. :D

3. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL

oh and doesn't playing "GFI" or "TIE" increase or decrease your fitness by ONE level respectivly?

4. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.

I believe that is the case but I can't figure out how quickly it goes back to the default level.

5. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL

i thought it was one, because the last two times i've played GFI it went down one, but now its gone down two!!!!

this season is going to be tough for me. i'm 1-2. the bottom two teams are not as good as me, so hopefully i can get wins from them and then sneak a few from the top teams. There is also a guy that got promoted with me, who i beat twice last season, who is doing good this season.

6. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

where is the best country to have ateam in.

7. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD

If you want to be able to watch your matches? West Indies (although England and SA finish their matches in the mid-morning over here)

If you want to get a team as fast as possible? Anywhere but England and Australia.

8. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD

And Bluto, I believe you drop two for GFI, and gain one for TIE. At least that has been my experience so far.

9. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

More likely it's percentage based.

10. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
  11. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

I'm playing the bloody americans... if I'm the low seed which i guess i must be since he's in dII that means he's in for a shock, unless he scouts me... I think I'm going to TIE in my next league game and then perhaps GFI in the cup because that guy is beatable, especially if I get a pop or two from my batsmen.

12. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL

I'm playing a guy in the league this week who is 0-3. He got crushed by the team who was promoted with me, who I beat twice last season. I might play TIE and then play normal in the cup, but I'm not sure. I'm the higher seed in the Cup, so I'll have to think about this one.

13. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    hey is there any site where i can learn about cricket, i wanna start a team but i need to nkow trhe sport better.

14. Kevin in Louisiana

Kevin in Louisiana New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Metairie, LA
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket

15. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
  16. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Disregard the seeding for now... I was thinking to myself that I'm the lowerseed in my match, but so much can change in one season w/ yp's and training as well as crappy teams in horrid leagues getting promoted - being the high seed in this cup doesn't say much... my team was putting up mediocre in bowling if i was having a good day last season and mediocre in top and middle order as well, now I put up competents in each of those categories w/ relative ease - in other words, fortune swings so quickly so early in the game that its really best to be prudent rather than think yourself superior simply because of the seeding (not saying you did this, as u backed it up w/ results - but you never know how much the opposition has improved).

17. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL

i'm in over my head in the series i got promoted to

18. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Howdy. I'm-a brand-spankin' new to this. Any advice on what (not) to do? Primarily, what's considered to be a worthwhile level of skill for a player?

19. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    invest the max 12,000 in your youth academy and pull a player every week.

20. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    With a new team, proficient is probably your highest skill level. Anything above that (strong or superb) is really good.

21. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say that you should be shooting for a minimum of mediocre in primary skills, with no more than, say, three or four players in your order below that level in batting skill. The last part may be tricky, as you'll be looking for at least one decent all-around bowler and a wicket keeper who isn't totally hapless at the bat.

22. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    I got a II opponent in the cup, but he looks beatable. He only won his last match against a III opponent on the final ball.

23. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm #1 in my D.II series!!!!!!1!! Now if I could just get a decent youth pull.

24. vidgms

vidgms Member

Sep 29, 2005
    California
    The training happened this week so Is there any way for me to view how much the player I was training improved?

25. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Anyone use the speadsheet software designed for Battrick to track changes? I got a question if anyone does.