Alert: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Teso Dos Bichos, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poor, poor Sweets ...

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL, that's an awesome video. I just bought a copy of BFBC2 from eBay (I rented it when it first came out) so hopefully I'll be able to jump on some MP soon. I really enjoyed it, far more than MW2.

3. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I wanted to see what all the hype was about before this game released.So I downloaded the demo and tried it out.

Wasn't really my type of game.Played a number of games but I just couldn't get into it.Although I had a few good moments.Like getting a killing spree by running people over with the ATV. :p

I also remember trying to fly the helicopter,got it in the air and just completely flew it backwards into the ocean committing suicide.Fail.

4. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Especially embarrassing when you have a full Blackhawk (at least 5 players) and end up killing them all.

:eek:

5. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hahaha I know what you mean.Couple guys were pretty mad and annoyed although I wasn't trying to do that on purpose. :p

6. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the reasons why I'm in the no-microphone-usage/only-hear-those-on-my-XBL-friends-list camp.

I can still be a good team mate and squad player without having to verbally communicate with prepubescent morons who love to drop the F-bomb, feel cool calling everyone "gay", and are infatuated with the N-word.

7. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @ NORML ...

Were you there for the round where I took down the 2 choppers? Damn, that's a great feeling.

8. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got the Dentist trophy last night! :D

When I first heard about it I figured it would be tough to get, turns out, not so much.

9. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice. I've tried, but haven't gotten the headshot with it .. yet.

Last night I jumped out of my M3A3 (light tank) to do some repairs on it, only to have an enemy jump in. My team mates and myself swarmed all over him, and before he could manage to even turn the turret he had at least 2 RPGs and a couple grenades down his throat. We lost the equipment, but I loved that he never knew what hit him.

:p

10. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think so. Bummer we couldn't end up in the same squad together but at least we were on the same team.

That random grenade video reminded me to use my grenades more often and probably scored about 5-7 kills with them playing yesterday. I even scored a couple random grenade kills too. :cool:

11. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought you ended up on the other team at one point. Saw a recon guy take a jetski to one of the small islands to snipe (I presume), so I swam out undetected to introduce him to my XM8 Compact. I quickly saw the headshot kill confirmation on screen, then realized his name was ooppppiieeeeeeeeeeee or something very similar to your gamertag. :p

12. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did it on one of the capture-the-flag snow covered levels. There's a cliff overlooking the town area where there's always snipers. Just sneak up and tag him.

13. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's definitely the best target for a sneak attack ... but I end up just putting my drill into his lower back. :eek:

14. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figured I did the same thing, but it gave me the trophy anyway. I ain't complaining. :)

15. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is 'The Dentist' Trophy?

I am slowly unraveling my schedule to eventually return to my BF BC days of yore.

16. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    It's getting a headshot kill with the repair tool.

One of the big worries I have about the game is how much I will play once I have unlocked all the kit items. One of the main reasons I play so much MW2 is the constant push to level and get new items but I'm not even half way to the max level and I've unlocked practically everything. Why did they just leave the last 27 level with no unlocks at all :confused:

17. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The four new special forces player/weapon skins - part of the Dr. Pepper promo DLC which was to have been released last Thursday - will contain some additional achievements and unlocks I believe.

18. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People forget that the Blackhawks can actually move around the map, and are actually more effective that way.

Just played a round on Isla Innocentes (?) and 3 times, the Blackhawk pilot just hovered in one spot. Made it so much easier for me to shove RPGs down their throats. :p :cool:

19. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First off, Toon, that is an awesome avatar.

Second, can I register my frustration? I have never gotten a Battlefield demo to work. Not ever. I always get "Failed to connect to EA Online" errors. Doesn't exactly give me confidence that the product will actually work if I buy it. I've tried BF:BC2 pretty much every time I've fired up the Xbox over the last week, and it never ever works.

1 person likes this.
  20. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

The servers for the game suck.When the game released,the servers crashed because they underestimated the number of players that would be on and the huge population put them down.

I guess they aren't still fully working.

21. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never. Ever.

22. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Full game? Or demo still?

23. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Demo. I had the same problem with 1943, which scared me off from buying that (especially since 100% of the content was online).

24. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think you can access the MP demo anymore. I know they ended it a week or so before the release of the full game but not sure if it was reopened after the release date.

25. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, the demo went offline a few days before the game was released. I think the game came out on Feb 23rd, and the demo might have stopped working on the 18th.