Alert: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Teso Dos Bichos, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What happens then?

2. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    then you rub it in :D

3. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or if you do it 5 times you get the Et Tu, Brute? achievement. :p

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a big FU somewhere in there...

although I do think I have one or two of your dogtags.

5. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I'm not sure what it's like on the 360 but on the PC the hit detection for knifing is terrible. Sometimes you'll hear the sound and see blood on your knife but no kill. :eek:

6. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, how would one go about ensuring that he/she is able to play on specific servers with folks on his/her respective friends list? Case in point, I've seen that both of you fine young cannibals have been on XBL at the same time I have, but alas cannot figure out how to get on the same servers as you. :eek:

Heh, last night I was on the defending team on Port Valdez. I see a recon (not necessarily a sniper) from the attacking team driving a quad like a bat out of hell. Myself and another guy were manning the mounted guns in one of the building's windows. This guy (and his quad) drive right to the base of the building we're in, so I head down the stairs to intercept him ... only to lose the showdown. Well, he apparently didn't see the guy in the building with me, and instead took up the gun I had abandoned. I spawned in on my team mate, walked up behind the guy, and knifed him right in the back. Yay me.

-EDIT-

The in-game store has the Dr. Pepper promo stuff - additional player model and weapon skins - as available on March 18th.

The Battlefield Blog has a new post announcing that the 2 additional (free) VIP multiplayer maps - Arica Harbor Conquest mode and Laguna Presa Rush mode - will be available for download on Tuesday, March 30th.

[​IMG]

7. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way wade, I made extra sure not to get knifed by you. If you do though what a major bummer.

I've had moments but figure its my own dang fault cause I'm trying to knife likes its MW2.

That is easy peasey. Just click on the persons name in your friends list whose game you want to join, if the option "join game" is available click on it.

8. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this in the dashboard, or in-game? :eek:

9. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both. If your in-game click the guide button and go to your friends list and follow the steps I posted before. If your out on the dashboard you can either click the guide button or scroll to your friends list. Normally, when I plan to join someone on my friends list game, I will load up the game first and then click join game option.

10. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alrighty then ... thanks for the info. You, and my other BigSoccer/BF:BC2/Xbox brethren can expect an invite or two, and I'd expect the same from you as well. ;)

11. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yay, it updated. :D

12. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    [​IMG]

My dogtags number still isn't right. I've got at least 40

13. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoa, new sigs with a plethora of additional information.

[​IMG]

I know I have a total of 7 dog tags collected, but 6 are unique, and I think that's what is reflected in the sigs.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, I know I got one of yours. May be just one, but I know I got it.

16. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know what's pretty satisfying? Using your class specialties to actually help your team succeed. I love dropping a few anti-tank mines to surprise the attackers, but taking out the tail rotor of an attackers' Blackhawk circling the defenders' base with an RPG is pure bliss.

Was playing Rush on Valparaso and was at the docks by the first 2 M-com stations. The Blackhawk was just circling around like a vulture, mowing down everyone with their 2 main side guns. After spawning as an engineer (finding it to be my preferred class at the moment), I immediately went beneath one of the buildings in the water that are up on piers. The Blackhawk pilot must've been getting overly confident, as he stopped moving and just went into hover mode out over the water. Now usually I'm a guaranteed miss with the RPG, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a tracer dart, but I lobbed up a "Hail Mary pass" anyway and took out the tail, sending the b*tch into a spin crashing into the water.

We still lost the round, but that was pretty satisfying.

@ NORML - saw you playing when I hopped on last night, but it said you were in the SP campaign so I didn't disturb you.

17. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I decided yesterday I wanted to finish off the campaign. Overall I liked BFBC2 campaign over MW2, MW2 had more wow moments but BFBC2 story felt more of complete story instead of random events loosely pieced together. If anything the campaign for this seriously needed a co-op option.

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone hasn't bought it yet, Amazon is having a sale on it. $46 I believe plus free shipping.

19. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, you're telling me that my "job" in multiplayer could be "Black Hawk pilot"? No fracking way. That's awesome!

20. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, you'd be one of the 4 classes - assault, medic, engineer, or recon - but if you're first to the choppah than you get the pilot's seat (and can always switch to copilot or one of the gunner spots on the fly, wouldn't recommend this while flying though). There's also the Apache, Hind, and a Russian Blackhawk counterpart.

Since I unlocked the Gustav, I'm getting pretty darn good at taking down opposing helos. I still don't get the whole timing down, and am not hitting them broadside, but I'll manage to clip their tail rotors, and that's good enough for me.

21. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you know if a helicopter gets low enough, can you tag it with a dart?

22. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    The dart for some reason is hardly effected by the gravity so if you aim above it you can hit it while it's flying, but yes you can tag it.

23. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've tried, and get so focused on getting a damn tracer on it that I get tunnel vision and don't pay attention to the enemies about to kill me. A recipe for disaster.

:eek:

24. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CC Sabathia in a BF:BC2 PSA. Hilarity ensues ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Qpui1hYBw"]YouTube- Battlefield Bad Company 2 PSA[/ame]

In a response to this ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td352xP-NZ8"]YouTube- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Fight Against Grenade Spam[/ame]

25. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A great video in response to a terrible one.

edit to add: Thanks for the info regarding the dart, Toon