Batista releases list for Spain friendly. Zanetti and Cambiasso are back.

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by W.Lewin, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    still fail until he proof to be successfull in senior national team, which Diego already does. You can keep living in your "what if" universe until he really deliver. whether he's at 25 or 35, its not happening until it really happen which I also hoping for, the same with all Argentine supporter.

2. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    That's because you can look back at Diego's career NOW years later and say he was successful with the NT. But if you were to look back at him at the same age Messi has and in the 82' WC you wouldn't be saying he was very successful. That's my point which you still don't get.

3. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    No "Chino" Garce??:D

4. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Xavi + Messi = Goal. :D

5. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Care to elaborate what exactly Pastore did in his one season that surpasses D'Alessandro helping Internacional win the Copa Libertadores??

6. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I should have said that Pastore has done more in one season in europe than D'Alessandro managed in his time in Germany. I also believe that Pastore is a much better player than D, but that is just my opinion.

7. FWS93

FWS93 Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Queens, New York
    Nice to see Gabi Milito back on the team. i like the list, its only a friendly and an big one in BA so i think Batista picking Zanetti and Cambiasso is just a nod to them before they hang it up with he NT for good. would loved to see Pastore but he's got plenty of time to solidify his place with the team

8. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Glad to see D'alessandro back in the NT, but where is aimar and riquelme?

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi with a hat-trick.

As for where is Aimar and Roman... Aimar just does not get called up anymore. Last time it was in the Peru/Uruguay fixtures in round 17 and 18 of the WCQ. As for Roman, well he is not fit right now.. So who knows what lays ahead for him. But stay tuned and prepare for drama!

10. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, lets go for Roman and Aimar and then perhaps we could give Di Stefano a call, he's still around.:p

11. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    and how much time has passed since D'Allessandro was in germany? At the moment, he is in great form, you're a fool if you don't think he should be in the NT.

However, I do agree with you that Pastore should be there, but it is not D'Alle who should be left out it is Bolatti

I would also love to see Maxi Moralez get a call up. At least as a super sub. His delivery of balls into the box either from open play or set pieces is perfect

12. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Some are speculating the return of Saviola and Roman (depending on his form) against Brazil...

That's funny, we're going backward instead of going forward. Are they afraid of the future? :D

13. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008
    No im not down with leaving out Pastore for Bolatti it doesnt make sense its like the Garce call-up!

This is from Ole can someone translate plz?

Cuidadoso de las formas, costumbre que Checho siempre práctico, les avisó a Maxi Rodríguez, Jonás Gutiérrez, Fabricio Coloccini, Javier Pastore, Emiliano Insúa y Jesús Dátolo que no iban a estar en la convocatoria. Claro, no son todos casos similares... El joven lateral del Liverpool y el volante del Palermo, por ejemplo, cuentan para Checho, quien tiene pensado utilizarlos en el futuro. En cambio, lo de Maxi y Jonás parece tener otro carácter: sus ausencias son un correlato del cambio de esquema de Maradona a Batista

14. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    It is said that Maxi, Jonas, Coloccini, Pastore, Insua and Datolo wont be called. It isnt for the same reasons though. For example, Insua and Pastore are being taken into account for the future. He doesnt want to expose them if they perform badly, which is why, they are going to be rised little by little. I think that's pretty smart by Checho imo. ON the oher hand, Maxi and Jonas' absense are for different reasons. Olé's article is saying it's tactical changes but i think Batista doesnt like them too much. They only run (especially Jonas) and dont create.

15. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    3 goals from Messi? You've got to be kidding me! I've no words for this. One top of it all, we are bringing back Zanetti and Cambiasso, two players that aren't going to make it to 2014. I know we are looking towards the CA2011 but it just shortens our time to prepare for the WCQ which would be right around the corner.

16. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can see that in Jonas, but in Maxi? He doesn't create? It really all depends on how the player is used.

17. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Now that we've decided to copy Barcelona (Batista's style) and have Messi's stamp of approval, he needs to hattrick when we play Spain on the 7th. Otherwise, let's just forget about Messi playing for the NT ever again.

Yes I'm angry.

18. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cambiasso only just turned 30, so by the next world cup he'll be 33. Thats still of the age to play in a world cup, if he is in form of course

19. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008
    I think maybe since hes giving Cambiasso a shot maybe consider Lucho for the next friendly.

20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'll take anyone who's in form at the time rather than using a "younger" or "big" name who cant deliver anything. I dont care whether it's young or an old player.

Barca's Messi needs 4-5 goals to impress me now, its ridiculous that he could score from any angle in Barcelona... whether it's Xavi's pass, Alvez's pass, individual run, right foot, left foot, header....he just end up hitting the net.

21. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    NYC, you should really take a look at the goals.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7x31nSmw_k"]YouTube- FC Barcelona vs Sevilla [4-0] Super Cup - Full Highlights & Goals 21/08/2010[/ame]

The first goal came from a fantastic pass by Xavi. When was the last time Messi received a pass like that in the National Team? The second goal, look at the pass by Alves and Messi scores it. And the third goal came from a pass by Villa to Iniesta and a run by Iniesta to Messi who scores it. What do all three of those goals have in common? They were all goals that came when Messi was IN THE BOX.

Honestly, when was the last time Messi received service like that in the National Team? Let's not forget against Ireland he was the ONLY ONE trying to create anything. Both Di Maria and Higuain had bad matches in that match and Messi was the only one trying to do anything for us. When he came off in the second half, we had zero creativity.

1 person likes this.
  22. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You do realize that he doesn't get the same service in the NT than with Barça, right?

23. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaTO03InxCE"]YouTube- Copa America Lionel Messi Goal Argentina vs Peru 2:0[/ame]

24. Cavenaghi...GOL

Cavenaghi...GOL New Member

Nov 21, 2007
    One of them will be Mussachio.

25. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008
    Messi scores alot in Barca because he doesnt have to do or be everything on the team hes the best player yes in clutch moments hes the saver but in Argentina hes the saver for 90 mins and regardless other guys create he plays off the ball as much as he does on the ball in Barca but with the NT hes always on the ball ppl orget how much that takes out of you.