Basketball Game (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Goodsport, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Clearly, if there's is hidden skills they know it and have chosen not to fill us in for some reason thats really not cool. I'd like to think they wouldn't do that.

I think they do see the injury system as a work in process, along with the enthusiasm system. They've tweaked both of those during the past ASG updates, and at least with enthusiasm more changes are on the way. Even if they don't have any more adjustments set for injuries, we all collectively agree something this wrong based on your experience alone, and think we have enough clout (many of us being original beta testers), to at least get the issue looked at.

If it doesn't change and/or there's no explanation of what is causing this then that's a problem that will eventually cause a loss of users.

The BB's have the difficult job of trying to balance need for improving and adding features to build the case for new users, with the need to fix/overhaul bad or buggy current features to keep them. In my case, already being hooked to BB, I mostly care about them focusing on the bad/buggy features, but I understand their need to focus on new features to hook other/new users.

2. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007

They have changed the injury system since the all star game so why not give it another season, if it keeps on screwing you around then decide what to do.

It would be good if they bought in a function that would allow you to hire 'healers' or something like doctors in HT where you can spend money to improve the players quicker, maybe that will come when the staff system gets an overhaul or maybe not.

I remember reading a post from BB_charles a while ago that they didnt want teams to just have 1 star player, but i cant remember if this was in relation to the injury system or the salary system.

What has happened to you this season has sucked balls, but the majority of the damage happened before the changes yeah??

Losing your new PG after 1 game. Ouch.

Maybe listing Argiriadis when he was +8 & getting a new trainee in could've been an option even if you were taking a loss, although still crap.

3. WFU03

WFU03 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Singapore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In hindsight, I should have listed him at +8. It would have been a much smarter move. I don't think anyone at that point believed that 8 weeks actually meant 8 real life weeks, so some sucker would have bought him.

I kind of like your idea about giving it another year, but I have a real hard time becoming emotionally invested again. I guess we'll see. But I just kind of have that "i've been screwed with one too many times" feeling right now.

4. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    I put a post out on the PL thread, got 1 BB mail back from a fairly weak team, argh! i want a tough PL to play in

Nicolino is still injured demon, you might be in luck this weekend with 2 updates to go.

5. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    We'll see--you have some pretty able bodied replacements.

6. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Contact this guy: Marline Forever (38297)

He's starting a PL league in week or so, should be solid.

7. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    I was in his PL this season, have the final in 36 hours. It was pretty competitive, i would've been undefeated apart from trying out tactics last season where i dropped 2 games.

8. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    your guards scare the shit out of my guards, if any of my starters (guards) get in early foul trouble you are half way home

i am praying for a come from behind like the 1st game we played this season.

anyways, i am smashed right now, got some box so goodnight all :D

9. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    So wake, with your experience of the injury sysyem, have the players recovered a week of injury in a week, or has it been random?

Reason i ask is that nicolino who was injured in my scrimmage last week as 1 week is still injured now as 1 week 9 updates later, which sucks balls with the game against demon tomorrow.

10. WFU03

WFU03 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Singapore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Usually over a week. Which is yet another thing that bugs me about the injury system.

11. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    lmao @ question 52

too bad there wasnt a box to write a message to the BB's on the survey wake, although i think you might have run out of characters to voice your opinion :p

12. WFU03

WFU03 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Singapore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's certainly true. I wish they would just let me redesign the injury system. I'd also change the playoff structure.

I guarantee 80%+ of the users would like my changes too.

13. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    how would you change the playoff structure?

14. WFU03

WFU03 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Singapore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Final standings:
    1-4: keep the same except that teams eliminated before the finals get matches the following Tuesday (non-paying)
    5: Get games each Tuesday (1st Tuesday is 1/2 pay, 2nd Tuesday is non-paying)
    6-7: Same, except only the 1st game gets 1/2 pay, the rest get none
    8: Get games each Tuesday (non-paying)

It makes training more equal and keeps an appropriate pay incentive.

15. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    KDB pulled that out by the skin of their teeth. Congrats to the Giants, they deserved to be in the final this round.

16. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Glad I couldn't watch that live, would have been lots of kicking and screaming. Bulls were in control the whole game until the last couple mins of the 4th.

17. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    You benefited from the defensive decision--a pick of m2m or 3-2 would have meant certain victory for Giants in the finals.

18. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    OD the bulls put up was very problematic for me and SA. Both of us buying up outside shooters while they trained away at pressure.

19. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    and now it is looking like the embarassment of a 2-0 series whitewash.

damn you brianjames & your financial power :p

20. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    After seeing what he put up with a CT, I think I might have liked my chances a little more than I originally thought. His home court and enthu advantage would have been tough to overcome though.

21. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007

the only tough thing to overcome would be home court. enthu doesnt seem to count for shit anymore (which is a good thing) looking at your ratins v salisbury (9)* & KDB (5)*

all you lost was a sublevel in rebounding which could be put down to players playing different minutes.

*my estimates of your enthu for those games.

22. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    One big thing left out is that from the salisbury game to the game against me there were some serious form increases. Pretty much every player from the bulls had gone to proficient form that week. I know anderson was respectable and he was up to proficient too.

23. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    The Celtics are channeling Juice!

24. placount

placount Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    man i just got one game left and will hopefully gain promotion. i mean im sure i will regardless im just not so confident in my team next season as i dont seem to score enough points.

BBC Marquette (23340) IV. 15

25. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    so, how much is KDB going to win by tomorrow? i have it at +16 points.