Barça Media Centre 2.0| Barça related Videos/Images/Interviews/Compilations/Match Highlights [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, May 28, 2012.

1. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Excerpt from Sid Lowe's upcoming book "Fear and Loathing in La Liga" about the Figo-baby pig's head affair. The book will generally be about the history of El Clasico.

He also did a web chat with lots of interesting facts (to a relatively new Barça fan like me at least), such as the fact that the term "el clasico" was adopted from Argentina and it used to be just called "el derbi". I always thought the Super Clasico was the derivative term.

[​IMG]

3. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting analysis in this 20 minute video which attempts to explore how Tata has changed Barca's tactics, with video from Almeria and esp. Celtic. Good subtitles, music gets better, check it out if you have 20 minutes to barca out.

Off to Hardly Strictly Bluegrass before the game, I'll miss you my brothers and sisters, but I'll follow the score at least while watching Jon Langford, Mark Lanegan and Mike Scott (among others) for free.

os_mutante and puyol repped this.
  5. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    os_mutante repped this.
  6. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Might be old news to some but I just discovered dish world - a subscription service for $10 per month allows you to get the sports package, which includes Bein Sports (including recent matchs on demand). Not sure if it is available internationally. The sports package also includes Bein en espanol, One world sports (which shows some delayed premier league and champions league games), Universal sports (mostly olympic sports) and the nautical channel whatever that is. This is perfect for me since I can never quite figure out how to download games after the fact and I am often out when games are on so streaming is impossible. For example, I was at work at kick off yesterday but caught most of the Espanyol game this morning.

inswinger repped this.
  9. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    are you subscribing? let us know how it goes after you've watched a couple games please :)

10. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Subscribed this morning. Will do. :)

Speaking of subscribing to new things related to Spanish footie and giving reviews about them ;), I'm pretty happy with The Spanish Football Podcast with Sid Lowe and Phil Kitromides (sp). Sid is Sid, very interesting and smart observations about La Liga. A lot of the same stuff as on the Guardian podcast and on his columns, but more detail about the topics he hasn't been covering. Phil is a likable guy and good host. He works for Real Madrid TV as a presenter I believe, but doesn't seem biased towards them. There is not much in-depth analysis about Barça considering they cover the whole league but that is kind of the point of the whole thing.

11. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #211 inswinger, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
    So, this is like a first attempt at a legal stream service? I am getting pretty fed up with streams lately. They all get shut down in mid-action, and I usually end up missing good portions of the match trying to find a new stream. :mad:

All this because the only cable provider in my area, Comcast, doesn't carry BeIN, even in the most expensive premier channel package. And DirectTV is ridiculously expensive.

So yeah, NYfan, let us know how it goes. You said you'd use this service to watch games after they happen, like a DVR. But this is also a live streaming service, right? I don't want to assume anything, but it looks like they have an "8-Day Replay auto-record" to watch any channel's recent programming. Sounds like a dream come true.

12. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Preliminary observations...

Bein Sports (English) - good quality picture (I'm not exactly sure how good it is, but I can watch on a 20 inch monitor full screen and I am satisfied with it) and either live streaming (exactly what is on Bein at the moment) or "DVR" for the past week's worth of games

Bein Sports (Spanish) - just live streaming, pretty weak picture quality and no DVR option (i.e. only live streaming what is on at that moment).

So what that means is you are pretty much guaranteed to be able to watch every Barça Liga game (and LPB as well), but Bein in Spanish shows more of the games. So this afternoon, I was hoping to watch Atletico-Athletic after the game was over but because it was only on the Spanish channel I couldn't. Since Spanish language Bein carries more Liga match ups per week that means that you can't see all La Liga matches on demand. That's a bit of a bummer.

This other channel they have One Sport or something like that was showing the Arsenal-Liverpool game from yesterday on delay airing this evening for the first time. It also says on the schedule that it is showing the Chelsea and Bayern CL matches a few days late because they have Chelsea TV and Bayern TV. So there is a little soccer content there. That stuff should be DVR-able too, I think.

evil_allan and inswinger repped this.
  13. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Great stuff. I wish Bein Espanol was in HD and had DVR, but maybe that's in the works.

Do you know if one subscription gets you access on multiple devices (PC, smartphone, etc.)? Also, is there a long-term contract or is it just month-to-month, cancel anytime?

14. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It very clearly said month-to-month, cancel anytime. Don't know the answer to your other question. Right now, I just switched on Bein en Espanol and there is nothing on...just a screen that says "no program scheduled" - not even whatever rerun they are showing on tv right now. Weird.

inswinger repped this.
  15. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This is a good thing to note, so I was reading a few of the pages, and check out what it says at the bottom right corner, "only available in the U.S.".

16. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    BOOO!:thumbsdown:

17. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

Rumoured designs for the 2014-2015 home and away shirts. Looks fine to me, esp. if they do the shorts and socks right.

18. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Would be OK if it weren't for that sponsor...

Rana catesbeiana repped this.
  19. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Another high-quality documentary about the club's philosophy:

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There are a bunch of these Barca Legends videos on Youtube. Great compilations of what I assume are every goal scored by the player. I hadn't seen much of Rivaldo at Barca so I was watching it today. Here are the 2 parts.

What I found amazing was his 2 FK goals vs Milan (3 min mark into the 2nd video). First one he shoots it under the wall (was he the first one to do this BTW ?) as it jumps, then he gets a 2nd FK in the exact same position and the wall doesn't jump so he puts it over and scores again. Insane. He scored some truly great goals. Which I would have seen him play at Barca. Like Ronaldinho I think it's where he showed his best game.

22. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    hey @MavadoDribblez, the one month free trial of BeinSportsPlay is up. and they are charging $20/mo for the subscription. It's more than I was hoping to pay (i think we were guessing it would be $10/mo), but i'm still tempted and haven't found any alternatives. so it could work out to being $80 for the rest of this season (four months), about $200 for a whole season. i suppose it's not bad for what you're getting. haven't decided yet.
    might be a good thing to ask for as an early birthday/anniversary present :p

what are you guys south of the border paying for DishWorld, just for comparison even though it's not available up here.

25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If they had Fox Sports with CL I'd cut my cable for $20-30 a month. It'd be perfect if the CL moved to BeIN.