Barça Media Centre 2.0| Barça related Videos/Images/Interviews/Compilations/Match Highlights [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, May 28, 2012.

1. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    yea, champions league is all that's really missing. on the plus side they do show quite a few barca B matches which, unlike the UCL, i can't really access anywhere else. bundesliga, serie A, and ligue 1 are bonus.
    we get free cable in my building, so i get plenty of EPL and UCL there.

2. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Neymar gets shown up not once but TWICE by 15 year old AC Milan prodigy Hachim Mastour in a freestyling + FIFA duel.

Worst part is, the kid beats Neymar in FIFA playing as LPB vs. Ney's Barca. Neymar gets crazy intense on the Playstation and unleashes a torrent of Portuguese foul-mouthedness. :D

Here's more video of Mastour playing ball (with obligatory awful dub-steppy soundtrack):

celito and Viscaelbarca repped this.
  3. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah I received that $20/month e-mail which I think is ridiculous. Yeah I was thinking it would be $10/month too. I actually would pay up to $15/month IF they had an on demand feature, because most times I cannot watch the match live especially when the match is smack dab in the middle of the afternoon.

4. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    yea, an on demand feature would remove any hesitation i have too. might be worth emailing them to ask.
    almost all the games are in the afternoon, so that really wouldn't make sense for you. fortunately i'm self-employed so I can usually move things around to catch the games live. there's a chance i might be getting free internet, if that comes through i'll go for it.

5. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    One step ahead of you. I emailed and all they said was "sorry we don't offer on demand at this time". They didn't even say "we're working on it", so it doesn't look too promising for the future. Maybe you should hire me, that way I can watch all the games too, with no risk of getting fired because the boss will be watching it also haha. The Champions League I have covered from cable so I'm not concerned about that, but obviously Liga matches are going to be the big issue.

evil_allan repped this.
  6. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    $10 per month for Dish World here in the US

inswinger and MavadoDribblez repped this.
  7. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Lucky and you have on demand viewing. Everyone else, I apologize but this is the last tv related post I will put in here as this is more for evil_allan than anyone else: http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/128...nic-channels-group-for-distribution-in-canada.

Apparently BeIN Sports is coming to cable and satellite providers, but a call to the cable company yielded nada. I will call the Ethnic Channels Group next week and see what's up. At least the cable company acknowledged that they are aware of the Ethnic Channels Group. I read somewhere this was to happen in April, but I can't find it.

8. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Today marks the 40th(!) anniversary of the historic LPB 0-5 Barcelona demolition courtesy Cruyff, Rexach, et al. You can watch the full match here:

jfcule repped this.
  9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That kid at 16 looks stronger then Neymar is now :ROFLMAO:

Reminds me of Zidane in his style ... and some Ronaldinho in his nutmegs. Kid looks good.

10. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The day has come my Canadian friends. BEIN Sports is on free preview on Rogers channel 391. I think it's on Bell as well as channel 1421, or 421, or some combination of those numbers. I don't have Bell so I don't know, but as of today, I read its there.

evil_allan repped this.
  11. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    nice! i just spotted that (after the barca game). i don't see anything saying it's a free preview….please let it stay

12. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah I don't see anything stating "free preview", but I only imagine that somehow there will be price gouging in the end haha.

13. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
  14. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Not sure why it ends in 1999, but nice find.

Can't believe Marseille spanked us 9-1 in 1907. Still hurts. :p

15. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    #240 Gilbertsson, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    Author of this article stopped with editions in 2000 year. A lot of teams don't exist today. Not easy to reveal and to collect this kind of statistics.:thumbsup:
    In 1922 and 1923 Barcelona played four friendly matches against Croatian club HSK Gradanski Zagreb. This team name vanished in 1945 and it was replaced with GNK Dinamo Zagreb, club that exists today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HŠK_Građanski_Zagreb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NK_Dinamo_Zagreb

Yes, it hurts, I saw that video on Youtube, 1080p.:cool: I remember that match. I recovered faster because Real Betis was founded in 1907.:D

The first match was against: Stade O.E.T.(Toulouse). Can't find anything about this club.

After 1999 year it's very easy to find their international matches. It's enough to type Champions League or UEFA Cup 1999/2000 Wikipedia and Barcelona will be present there. This version exists for all seasons. Previous name was European Cup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999–2000_UEFA_Champions_League

Some things never change, best attacking performance, Semi-finals.:rolleyes:

Barcelona didn't played well in the Champions League 1998/1999. I remember that they were weaker after their 100 anniversary, they had on their uniforms 1899-1999 years.:D

This was their weaker season:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000–01_La_Liga

Football clubs founded in 1899 year:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Association_football_clubs_established_in_1899

Barcelona and Marseille were founded in the same year.:thumbsup:

16. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
  17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  18. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sold at Nou Camp store

[​IMG]

19. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ShortyMac repped this.
  20. SOCCERMARINE

SOCCERMARINE Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if this is the right place or if some of you guys know already but I just heard on ESPN Deportes that their is a rumor that Luis Enrique Valverde will be our coach next season.

21. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Luis Enrique and Ernesto Valverde are probably the leading candidates, but i don't think we can hire both.

condor11 and unclesox repped this.
  22. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Luis Enrique remains my single favorite Barca player

despite what Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Pep, Laudrup, Rivaldo, Romario, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, etc did for Barca there is just simply something about the guy and how he played for us

having said all that Romario is my favorite player in general

inswinger repped this.
  23. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Looks like it was just a free preview after all. I can no longer access BEIN Sports, it just says "To order BEIN service please call...." BOO:cautious:
    At least there's only a couple more games left.

24. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah, Lucho played with "garra" and a deep-seated hated especially for LPB that one can only acquire from being played out of position and unappreciated there for years. New culés ought to look up highlights of him in his prime.

That said, he hasn't exactly exceeded expectations at Roma or Celta, so I'm a bit skeptical of him coming in next year to coach us.