Balotelli's Next Move

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Italy08, Dec 2, 2012.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can't stand the Galaxy for the life of me and never could as I am a San Jose Earthquakes supporter through and through (and they are a much stronger and better team IMHO) and I believe they are a bunch of crooks. As for following their games, I follow and watch each game each week as I have the MLS package and am a sponsor of the San Jose Earthquakes team and am a season ticket holder but Beckham was NEVER a great MLS player and that is the truth! I was at the game at Stanford in July where there were 50,000 people and the Quakes had him manhandled. He didn't do anything other than fight with the refs , mascots and placed his one free kick otherwise, he sucked all night long and the Quakes won 4-3. He was/is crap and always was and will be in my opinion.

As for having Balotelli come here , its mostly my dream but as I said initially, it won't happen but he would do well in this league and he would definitely benefit especially in the pocketbook but so would the league. If they give Balo 1/4th of what they paid Beckham, of course it would be a positive for both sides. Never said it wouldn't be. As far as A-League, I've watched their games on Fox Soccer chnl with their financially troubled franchises and 1/2 empty stadiums and I don't see any glamor in it or that its any better than MLS. No way. I think they were about to fold last year and then they were saved. I think Del Piero is about ready to come back to Italy from what I've heard and I don't blame him.

2. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You go on and enjoy the MLS if that is what makes you happy. You once said, if I remember correctly, that the problem in Italy is that most people support clubs more than the national team and that you don't watch the clubs much. It makes me wonder how you can support the MLS with it's 2nd rate football over a league like Serie A? That's a serious question.

Also I don't care what one team who didn't win the championship did to Beckham in one game, and I'm not even a supporter or fan of Beckham, but he was one of the best performers in MLS. His team won the cup again ;) and knocked out the big bad quakes en route to the final too :D

The fact that you think he's crap and the fact that you think MLS is a tough league speaks volumes about Beckham being one of that leagues best players.

He's a best player in a crap league. But anyway, like I said, enjoy the MLS if it makes you happy. I've watched it too, mostly live when I can because the beer is cheap, the atmosphere is safe, and the chicks get into it :) but at least be realistic about it.

3. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    MLS is entertaining but I wouldn't call it a top league, especially when your best players are european has beens. It tries to have all the rules and regulations other American Sports leagues have, but if its MLS's job to compete with Europe, they will fail with the model they have and will continue to get players at the back end of their careers looking to cash in.

Some places have good support though like Seattle Sounders, its not like its a dead league or anything, popularity wise its getting up there, but the product I wouldn't say is top notch compared to Europe, and I doubt the MLS could offer Mario Balotelli enough money to go there with all of their insane salary rules. Especially when they cause the Sounders to loan out their best player. Also once you're in MLS, its tough to get out because if a player gets appeal from Europe, they have to go through all sorts of mediums to get the player instead of just trying to go through the club you have to go through MLS as well.

Just my 2 cents.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  5. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Come to the Impact Mario!

You can speak Italian here.

whill4 and falvo repped this.
  6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL. He will take Corradi's spot! ;)

7. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its a cozy one. ;)

8. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    Honestly with the way he is playing this season, a guaranteed spot on an MLS team is not a sure thing. I hope he turns things around soon, but I won't give a player praise until he earns it.

More importantly, will Prandelli stick to his guns and follow his whole 'code of conduct' routine and ban Balotelli from the next game or will he play favorites and let him slide?

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think he was true to his word last year when he didn't pick him for a friendly, I think against the USA but can't remember exactly. Anyway, that didn't stop him from picking him for the Euros so I don't think these codes mean all that much especially if Prandelli really wants or needs him....

10. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    LGRod repped this.
  11. PaulieMM

PaulieMM Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I'm happy Balotelli is back in Italy.

Roberto Baggio was quoted saying that Balotelli leaving for England was the most disappointing of all players to leave Italy in that particular offseason.

I think it's best for him since Milan is probably one of the only places that could calm him down. In the past people like Gattuso or even Inzaghi would ride hot heads until they fell in line now it's up to Ambrosini. I can't really think of any others on the team that still reflect the morals of the old Milan.

12. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    It is good that he is back in Italy and the fact that he will be play in El Shaarawy makes it better.

13. PaulieMM

PaulieMM Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Very very good for the national team I'd say.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  15. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It's very good for Balo and SES to be playing together, very very good. So far, only 15 minutes in, mind you, the three of them for Milan (SES, Baloti, Niang) are all looking very good with each other. Early to tell, but I hope this continues to build.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A goal and a pk. Pretty good welcome.

17. PaulieMM

PaulieMM Member

Jun 29, 2008
    yeah it would be even better if it didn't seem so fixed... As soon as that whistle was blown I started cursing at the TV.