Ballon D'Or 2012 (part 2)

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by comme, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That point is not viable.

What proof? It just said in the description you provided, through on goal.

There is no source, just an educated guess. And you find it more logical that key pass gives a better chance on average than throughball?

2. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ramos comes across as a d-bag, but he's world class. One of the two best right-backs of his time with D Alves.

Pirlo has the strong Euro in his favor, and an amazing season bringing Juventus back to the top of Serie A. He is also a WC and CL winner nearing the end of his career, so this may also play a factor.

Falcao is really good, but I think Aguero is a better player. Drogba won't be near a top five finish.

3. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Puck

[​IMG]

Here's one example on the throughball in the flank for Alves. ;)

4. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bernd Schuster (ex-Real Madrid/Barcelona, 2x 2., 1x 3. Ballon d'Or): "Ballon d'Or? Again the same guy. Why not, if he continues to be the best..."

5. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Orizaola (ex-coach, 90 years of age): "You just can't compare Messi and Cristiano. Messi is the best player I've ever seen, better than Maradona."

6. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's all about winning trophies, folks. Mata and Torres, co-Ballon d'Or winners for 2012. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Or any less true...

8. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Just because you somehow apply different criteria than the majority doesn't make yours more valid.
    This year is closer than 2010 tbh.

9. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    No.

10. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Looking back at 2010, Sneijder was diagnosed with anaemia in October 2010 after one stellar season with Internazionale and Holland. He was exhausted.
    It shows how modern footballers have to be a really good athlete too in order to perform at the highest level for multiple years. Some see it as reason to pose questions but even then, only Ronaldo and Messi have been able to maintain their level for multiple years.

11. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Falcao has maintained a consistent level since his last years at River, through Porto and now at Atletico. Just like Messi he suffered continuos injuries early in his career.Xavi has also maintained consistently good form as has Xabi Alonso, Lisandro Lopez, Totti, Cambiasso, and many others. I don’t get what you’re implying.

12. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I googled oraziola and nothing even came up LOL

Looking at his name
    Hes probably Spaniard argentine or Colombian or something riding hispanic hog like usual = biased

13. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    What did I say about this thread turning into a pissing contest?

14. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maybe if you googled his name right you would find something: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enrique_Orizaola

I bet he has better knowledge and experience of football than any single person in this forum.

15. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Falcao was doing the exact same thing in FC Porto

Now he does the same in athletico and suddenly he's a ballon dor candidate?
    Ahh,
    Gotta love the Spanish nuthugers

16. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    At Atletico he makes now the next step to being the best pure striker in the world. What he did at River Plate is incomparable with the level he has now.

Xabi Alonso has had many weaker phases at Madrid and was never in the contention for a top 10 player in the world. Same with Lopez and Totti.

Xavi is among the best five since 2008 but in this calender year you see signs of cracks appearing. In 2012 he wasn't as great as in previous years, not his best year. Even Xavi has not the same consistency as Ronaldo or Messi.

Funnily though, Ronaldo his own sponsor Castrol has not him at number two.
    http://www.castrolfootball.com/rankings/rankings/

17. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    The majority of journalists saw the Messi Balon d'Or as a mistake. So what majority as you talking about?

2010 actually had three clear picks for the Balon d'Or. None of them was Messi (Sneijder, Xavi or Iniesta). Somehow against logic Messi won the award, despite having the weakest claim to he trophy.

18. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Yes. He now plays in a club with better exposure :D

19. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    That is how it works and has worked with players coming from minor leagues. You have to play in a strong league with strong exposure.

A greater problem is IMO that those are not retrospectively appreciated for what they did in those minor leagues. You even see it with the biggest legends of the game.

20. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    That is true for the difference in praise compared with Porto but seriously, a ratio of roughly 0.50 in the attacking minded Argentinian league (in last two seasons) is incomparable with the level afterwards.
    If he was considered the best player of the Argentinian league it had been a different case though, but he wasn't in the contention.

21. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I know, I think Deco should have won the Ballon for 2004

he led Porto to League and champions league and also was key player for Portugal who were runners-up in that years euro

but Shevchenko won it for being Serie A top scorer and champion with Milan, Deco placed 2nd.

but you have to play in Italy, Spain, or England to have a chance
    nowadays I think playing in Italy might not even cut it.

22. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I know

but players and coaches vote for their fav players <333

Otto Rehaggel when he was coaching Greece would always vote for Klose or podolski or something

23. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Yes that’s why I said he was consistently good at Porto. Did you actually read my post?

I’m a Boca fan and I’ve followed Falcao since he started at River. He was always a great prospect but he was always getting injured.

Towards the end of his stint at River he finally got healthy and was killing to my dislike but I couldn’t deny his talent.. Then River sold him to Porto for peanuts, one of the biggest steals I can think of in modern times, and he killed there as well. What the hell aro you talking about “Spanish nuthuggers” since I cleary stated he was consistent in his time at Porto.

Actually when he was on Falcao was as good for River as he is now and this is coming from a Boca fan. Now he’s playing at a higher level yes but he got really good when he stopped getting injured towards the end of his River stint.

I;m not saying Xabi Alonso is top 10 in the world but he has performed consistently for a while as has Lisandro. Totti was certainly in contention for one of the best in the world when he won the European Golden Shoe playing in a makeshift position as a CF when he;s really a playmaker. And he’s continued to be very consistent which is what I was talking about.

24. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    On which basis? Certianly not for the best player over the whole calendar year.
    If some tend to vote based on 'best player in games I've seen on TV and thus deem as important' that's their loss. And the award given to the best WC player is the Golden Ball and not Ballon D'or.

25. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    And the majority of players and coaches thought Messi deserving. Is the opinion of journalists more valid than the opinion of others?