Ball advice/review/bouncing/feeling thread [2]

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by Skizz, Sep 10, 2007.

1. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  2. martinmey

martinmey New Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Not sure, but it looks pretty legal to me.

3. KickersFTW

KickersFTW Member+

Jan 12, 2012
    RVA (Soccer hotbed)
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys so I had my adidas ball I use for practicing at my game. Well the refs used the ball for the game ball due random circumstances. Well somehow it was then stolen after the game when I was shaking hands and talking with opposing players. Any suggestions for a good adidas practice ball? Not anything fancy but will hold up decently.

4. Richie12322

Richie12322 New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Adidas Tango Rosario has gained solid reviews as a decent training ball. I'd also recommend the Umbro Neo Training ball, mine has stood up well to being booted about and the occasional trip into a thorn bush.

5. tilburysoccer

tilburysoccer Member

Sep 16, 2009
    KCMO
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just used the Adidas CAFUSA official match ball this evening and I must say that it's great!!! Wonderfully balanced for the softest touches and powerful strikes. Flys well and true with distance passes, marginally better than my Nike Tracer. The tracer is abused now though in comparison...

6. SOCCERMARINE

SOCCERMARINE Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone have a experience with the Nike T90 Catalyst balls? I feel like at the minimum recommended 10 Psi, the ball puts an uncomfortable amount of strain on my knee and ankle when kicking. Is this normal?

7. Spurs74

Spurs74 Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Hello,

The post was very interesting about the balls you use for 5 a sides.

Thats what I usually do with the balls I love. I have two of the Nike throwback balls (FCB Prestige & Tiempo) I can never really use them for a pick up game. I use these more to give my training a little more inspiration. I have to say the Prestige has been a great ball to kick around with. It seems to keep its shape after 8 mos or so having it. It was actually better than the red Barca that came out which peeled away pretty quick.

Thanks for the post. It has really helped me to see what steps to take now.

8. snowman3000

snowman3000 Member

Mar 11, 2007
    It's obvious Nike's match balls are much better than current Adidas.
    Let's face it, Seitiro, Maxim etc feel way more real and consistent than a Jabulani or Teamgeist, wouldn't it be better if Adidas dropped the thermo-bonded crap and went back to stitched hex panels?

9. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You can do more with a heat stitched ball, like adidas' MiCoach ball - Nike are now moving towards the heat bonded tech with the Ordem

10. snowman3000

snowman3000 Member

Mar 11, 2007
    What do you mean you can do more? Are you talking about spin/dip/power or as for construction of the ball?
    I couldn't help but notice Ordem is a thermo-sealed type and will be introduced in Serie A / Premier / Liga
    Sorta bummed. I love how you can get really clean strikes on stitched nike match balls, and great rebound.
    Thermo sealed feel like plastic no matter what.
    [​IMG]

11. pancreas

pancreas Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Does anyone have any information which air pressure they use in the Nike matchballs? I have four that I use and wonder how hard they should be, usually I pump them up to 13-13.5 psi. Is that to hard, they do not look as soft as they do on TV?

12. SOCCERMARINE

SOCCERMARINE Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    13 PSI sounds a little hard, I would probably break my ankle if I ever tried kicking a ball that hard. I'm pretty sure they are pumped to whatever the printed recommendations are on the ball. Normally 8-10 PSI.

13. pancreas

pancreas Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Recommended PSI is 10-14 on Nike's match balls. Gonna try around 12 next time.

14. terps

terps Member+

Dec 27, 2009
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New article and study on the Brazuca:

Sungchan Hong (researcher at the Institute of Health and Sports Science, University of Tsukuba) told Business Insider in an email that the ball's aerodynamics make it the fastest of all those tested at intermediate speeds, which could be "advantageous to the team using the pass like Tiki Taka."

http://www.businessinsider.com/2014-world-cup-soccer-brazuca-ball-tests-2014-5

Hong's study on the effect of panel shape of soccer ball on its flight characteristics:

http://www.nature.com/srep/2014/140529/srep05068/full/srep05068.html#/results

15. Pro Magnus

Pro Magnus New Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
  16. DoyleyBD08

DoyleyBD08 Member

Dec 23, 2011
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Hi, how does the Aerow 2 compare to the Tracer, Ascente & Seitiro please?

17. bmbersoccer5

bmbersoccer5 Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just going to drop this here for posters that are looking at this thread in the future. If it's available, look into getting Mitre balls if you're sick of the Nike/Adidas balls that saturate the market. We used Mitre match balls during the NPSL season last summer, and I invested in a bunch of the $30 Fifa Inspected takedown models for practice and they are miles better than the adidas or nike ball in that price range.

18. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Hi.Advice me what is the best ball for artificial grass ,please.Thanks.

19. dusty122

dusty122 New Member

Apr 11, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    hi, i cant post a thread yet but maybe i can have my question answered here.

adidas conext15 replica or nike strike EPL Hi-Vis barclays?
    both are at the same price were i live.
    i think the nike is totaly worth the money, but what about the adidas conext15 replica?

sorry if it not the right place to put this i just signed up.

20. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Buy something original.Huge difference,believe me.

21. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    You talk about jerseys?I though we talk about footballs..

22. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
  23. soccerballtux

soccerballtux New Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    hey guys, wow, so glad I found this thread. What's with Adidas quality? I bought an EPP Glider last week and, it's a little off balance/center. Whatever. I'm just juggling with it. I bought a Conext15 Top Replique and the glue was not -in- the seams but -on- them. Quite messy looking, and picked up dirt immediately aging the ball 2 years. Additionally it 'felt' like a volley ball, the material didn't feel cushioned or 'thick' like I'm used to, and had that characteristic volley ball 'ping' or 'ring' to it when you make contact. I chalk this up to the bladder or stitching, but who knows. Underinflating was a no-go, ball was still very hard. Don't like it at all. Sent it back to Amazon.

then I went to Dick's and played around with several more of the EPP Gliders-- balance was about 50% hit or miss. yuck. I wouldn't mind picking one out at the store, but sheesh, I've been preferential to Adidas because so much of their marketing was focused on soccer...but not with this quality!!!

I'm not sure if it's prejudice that Adidas was the perfect brand when I was younger, but my predication is that the quality definitely was. Have they compromised their ethic in order to remain price-competetive? Very sad :( :( :( the death of a childhood love...

24. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    I recently picked up a Voit ball, the one used in Mexican league, and cannot recommend this thing enough!! It retails for only 80 bucks, but can be gotten for 40-60 bucks on eBay.

Every bit as good as the Nike balls, especially if you are going to use it to play with friends/practice. I could easily mistake this thing for Nike if there was no branding. The biggest difference is the fact these are stitched and not glued together, but that isn't a huge negative. Anyway, link for reference : https://www.kichink.com/buy/549756/voit-tienda/balon-futbol-apertura-2015?byp455=true#.VorXI_krK01

25. Mike Martyns

Mike Martyns Member

Dec 14, 2015
    New York
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hi guys!

(As I introduced myself on the proper thread) I blog about soccer and soccer gear at SoccerGearHQ.com

I recently created a thorough soccer ball buying guide and listed my top-3 best soccer balls size 5 here: http://www.soccergearhq.com/best-soccer-ball/

I would like to know your opinion on my best soccer ball choices.

#1. Adidas Conext15 Omb Women's World Cup Ball
    #2. Adidas 2015 MLS Nativo Official Match Soccer Ball
    #3. Adidas Performance Juventus Soccer Ball

Feel free to check back to my guide and help me improve it!

Thanks,
    Mike