Bale v Neymar - who is better

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Leon12, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Forget the fanstasy that Neymar is a match for Messi. Lets have a more honest asessment, who is better Bale or Neymar.

2. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    Can't wait for Neymar's fans to run into this thread, this should be good :D

But it's a legit question imo, and i'll take Bale right now over Neymar.

3. Tim11

Tim11 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may not have the best opinion here, because I honestly haven't seen Neymar play as much as I have seen Bale play, but I would go with Bale

4. thejaccen

thejaccen Member

Sep 19, 2011
  5. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Stupid post, you havent seen neither player but still make an assumption of who is better LOL.

Bale is not half the player Neymar is and will never be close to Neymar. Bale is good for british standards but Neymar is on a whole different level.

[]__[]

Guigs repped this.
  6. Danakil

Danakil Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Scandinavia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Neymar of course is better than bale and is potentially up there with the greats the game has seen. People nowadays like to call everything from brazil overated, but they forget where the gods of football come from. I blame this deluded generation of football fans on the extremly overated Spanish football. Dont fck with Brazil. Enough said.

The Potter and Guigs repped this.
  7. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Bale is the superior player, although both are very similar players in terms of playing style and level of play.

8. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Interesting comparison, and I would say it's pretty much a draw with personal preferences tipping the balance for Bale for some, for Neymar for some.

9. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    I'm not sure if you're serious or not with this post :confused:

Matti53 repped this.
  10. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Compare Bale to Ney mar was just like comparing Neymar to Messi (now) ...:eek:

11. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    (for the record, I like Neymar more than I like Bale)

1. How is Neymar "of course better" than Bale exactly?
    2. Potentially up there with the greats? So is every young player.
    3. People don't call everything from Brazil overrated.
    4. Gods of football? Right...
    5. Deluded generation overrating Spanish football? I admit, overrating is an issue, but it kinda happens automatically when Spain wins, wins and wins.
    6. Comparing Bale to Neymar isn't exactly ******* with Brazil lol.

Enough said indeed.

12. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    This has become too common.
    Along with this.

Until you see both players, how about answer like this.

I haven't seen Bale play so I have no clue how good he is to compare it to Neymar.

13. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Plus we missed the opportunity of watching him in action on the olympics, think he would have changed the tournament dramatically if he was in? that's the real question.

14. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    I guess Robinho ruined that for everyone that has followed him

LGRod, Guigs, jared9999 and 1 other person repped this.
  15. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I take that back.

16. Fleckell

Fleckell New Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Neymar is much better, they are not on the same level.

17. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    why???

18. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Where is the Neymar vs. Chicharito poll?

LGRod repped this.
  19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Definitely comparable. I think Bale is a bit more polished at this point and has proved himself in Europe (hat-trick in Italy against the CL winners). But then again, he is 2 years older than Neymar. IMO, Neymar is almost at Bale's level and he should be able to get there in these next 2 years and become a better player. Assuming he moves to Europe.

20. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    LOL yeah everything in Europe is better the england, russia, Portugal, holland teams are proof of that. All their players play there and they have how many world cups titles.

[]__[]

21. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Bale is enjoying his very first good season (not that great by any standard) and we;ll see him in next few years! A USUAL HYPE case from English media ...
    CR7 (2006-08) = G.best and Eusebio :p
    Rooney 04-06= new Pele :eek:
    and now a Bale is over sudden as "skillful and talented' as Neymar???

22. Tim11

Tim11 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is this a stupid quote? It's an honest quote.....from what I have seen, I would say Bale. I was honest in saying that my opinion my not be good because I have not seen as much of Neymar than I have seen of Bale.

And not that it matters, but if anyone's quote is "stupid" it is yours, because it makes no sense. First off, I have seen both play.....again, I have just seen more of Bale. Secondly, "you haven't seen neither player".....this is grammatically wrong, which makes your quote "stupid"

But in the end I'm sure you are right......sorry for voicing my opinion, which I thought was the point.

23. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bale is the better player at the moment - he has proven himself in a top league and has been pretty consistent this season. Neymar tends to be very patchy with his form, and sometimes has no shows - so far when he has played against good teams outside of Brazil he has gone missing. He has the tools to be a better player than bale, but until then he is just another young player with potential.

24. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bale is better, nobody has seen the other guy play whereas Bale plays at the highest level.

25. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    So Fa cup and UEFA cup are the "highest level" to your standard? Ouff Basel did knock his team out last week anyway ...

Keep your patience, you will see Neymar at WC2014 next summer. Bale will be very unlikely to be there .. unfortunately !