AZpiration is everything --Jozy in Alkmaar

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balls of Fire

Balls of Fire Member

Oct 16, 2007
    7?! Some teams don't get that many in a season.

Close AZ followers - does AZ get many PKs? Who takes them?

2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Elm has 3 for AZ and that's all I see. I think he takes most of them, but I'm not the resident expert. If anyone has take them, they've missed. Guidetti has by far the most, since F-word are cheating divers. Bas at 'veen is next with 4, because they are honest, forthright and upright Frysians.

3. Well, I watched a contest fierljeppen with Frisians that had alot of Beerenburg behind their molars......Far from upright:D

4. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
  5. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread title sucks.

Anyway, looked at the highlights U.S. Soccer posted on twitter and honestly, they were very good goals, it was just to bad that AZ's defense had to go on suck mode and give up 2 goals.

6. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol. Yeah it does.

7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I was surprised to see they were 3rd in league for clean sheets - it feels like they give up more goals than they should. Maybe just at bad times.

8. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Beerenburg and canals don't mix. I believe that is still the leading cause of death in Sneek. That and angering Frisian cows.

9. drumline123

drumline123 Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    heated argument on AZ forums about altidore. its a split on whether he is good enough technically. time for jozy to pull a trick out his hat.;)

10. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Good enough technically to do what? To be their scoring leader?

11. drumline123

drumline123 Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some of these fans expected ALOT from jozy. They are real picky and demanding. Some are more reasonable and think hes improved alot and could really become good striker.

12. DMTerp02

DMTerp02 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Annapolis, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's technically scoring a lot.

Ugh, damn Dutch. They'd be mad if someone scored 30 goals but didn't look pretty enough doing it.

13. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends on what a lot is.

13 goals in 29 games is nice, and certainly is good by Jozy's career and American standards. But I'd say a lot is more than .5 per game.

14. DMTerp02

DMTerp02 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Annapolis, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, AZ is a fine club and all but they got him for practically nothing, and he's top 7 in the league in scoring after basically scoring 1 goal a season for the last couple years. What did they expect? They're no Ajax or PSV, and they don't have their transfer budgets either. If he's not good enough I'm sure they can spring for DeJong, am i right?

15. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    17 goals in 32 starts is a lot of goals.

*in all competitions for AZ

16. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    You've got to stop reading Big Soccer, it'll make you crazy. Oh, wait ...

17. Balls of Fire

Balls of Fire Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Without him their season is a failure. That's all.

18. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    High standards is a good thing imo.

Which is why they produce the best players per capita of any nation and why Jozy and the USMNT is lucky to have him playing in Holland.

19. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice goals. I've been in Mexico for a week with spotty access, so only saw the highlights -- plus my wife would rather I check out other women than watch soccer under a palapa. :D

Could someone translate or paraphrase what some of the AZ fans expect him to do differently?

20. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah you have to consider the strikers that have come through that league the past decade or so. If you aren't scoring 30 goals then somethings wrong, lol.

21. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His league numbers are good, those are even better.

22. drumline123

drumline123 Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A few GOOGLE translated ;) post:

"I thought he was just mediocre. The ball was not too good, he can not even give a decent deep pass. He is 9 out of 10 times just everything wrong, that may just not at this level. He hears it say to learn to Young AZ and not in the first."

He was in the first half doing pretty well there not hear, but he's just not good enough for a club like AZ currently. Such a boy should just balls in Young AZ actually, with sometimes raid turns on the highest level.

There is so much more from the game of AZ be achieved with better vanguard, unfortunately we have players up front who run the game properly interfere.

He was very industrious today, but it does also. For his efforts, I can give him a sufficient, but for his game unfortunately. Before it was like to be moderate, maintaining the overview bad, passes over a long distance are not sure, always mow over the ball as a striker with a bit more quality balls such nice pops on target.

23. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please post an aspirin next time you do that.

24. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    one of the things working against him is Jozy is very awkward in the miss sometimes. He doesn't have great form.

Soccer is not gymnastics or diving, of course, but if you're not leading the league and you look a bit ungainly at times, you will get criticisms.

But you also have to remember the culture of soccer boards. only the strangest and most psychopathic of fans post there ...

Oh, wait.

25. NatsTeamFan

NatsTeamFan Member

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Meh the criticism seems kind of stupid to me. It's his first season at the club and he's scoring at a good rate with limited minutes. Don't really know what people expect????