Australians in Japan thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by RickChelsea, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What the hack is this. Save the Australians thread?

Everyone knows the reach Vegalta has and they have been the club who takes players on loan from other big clubs, or older players who arent good enough for better teams but find place in Sendai.

They have amazing fans and that makes their home ground and games special. They however never had a team on pair with others. Teguramori did an amazing job, it was clear that after his departure and that after some other clubs would pick off their few "star" players that they will be back where they were struggling for survival.

So. The guy was fired he hasnt done enough to convince the club he ll be able to keep them alive, but didnt make any kind of record breaking stuff or showed amazing play as well.

Early sack thats that. 2 Draw 4 defeats + a cup draw and defeat

1. loses at home against Albirex. No tragedy but not exactly a good start also
    2. Away at Kashima - no biggy
    3. Home at Gamba = draw an ok result, they are strong at home
    4. 4:0 against Shimizu in the cup not really acceptable
    5. 4-0 against this Omiya side in the league not acceptable
    6. Home in their fortress just a draw with Ventforet
    7. Home in the cup just a draw
    8. And another shalacking this time away to Reds 4:0

To lose is not a tragedy. To lose 5 out of 8 is not good. To not win a single match is not good. To be able to score only 3 goals in 8 matches and to be recently demolished 4:0 doesnt make it any better

Some will say too early, give him time etc. I will say Vegalta doesnt have time, they need every point they can get especially at home. So I dont see any problem with this sacking.

2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Blue, not to be that guy, but if you didn't read the articles, I'm not sure what to gain from your post.
    I don't mean in a bad way but it's as if you wrote the obvious
    Of course the results were not good. Why they weren't is what is spoken about in the articles, and it doesn't seem to be all on the manager. Or let's say he wasn't supported too well, it seems

3. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I did read about the fitness levels stuff and what not it was the same with Verdenik where there were said to be some internal struggles within the team.

But in the end it does come down to. That no matter what the cause is, if manager doesnt have the locker room replace him fast.
    So whether it was him not adjusting fast enough or boys not accepting him well or some other conditions... I understand the sack.
    I guess I just aint the guy who likes to go into certain plot like theories and what not, which can be true or just pure gibberish. We have no idea what really is happening so we can only judge from what we see on the pitch and not much was to be seen there if we are honest

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    no me neither, which is why I felt the article was a bit partial.
    Certainly the sporting director didn't exactly make a shining work this year, we'll see what the new manager can do

5. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Yeah, your attack doesnt exactly boast the quickest strikers, so I see your point there. But you should imagine that with wingers like McGlinchey and Ota, you should still be ok though, as both of them got more than decent pace. I think Vegalta showed some good fotball at times under Arnold, and his first win would have come sooner or later ( most likely sooner), but if he didnt have the respect he needed in the locker room and with certain players + the assistant coach working against him then I guess it was always going to be an uphill battle.

About Ryang, I agree that he is not performing like he is in his prime, but technically he should be there now age-wise. Seems almost like he lacks motivation the way he's been playing in some of the games this season and at the end of last season. A bit like Jogo in Avispa, whose form also depends a lot on his mood.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  6. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Vegalta with an extremely strong win at Nissan Stadium in their first match after Arnold left. And they actually deserved it as well.

Poor Arnold.

Parrothead FC repped this.
  7. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like I picked the wrong Saturday to go hanami-ing. :D

Well, if Vegalta turns this season around post-Arnold, I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    same here, though Marinos have been shit since 4-5 matches, so I want to see if it goes long term.