Austin

Discussion in 'NASL Expansion' started by eclipse02, Nov 10, 2010.

1. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009
    If this becomes a fact then this will be exciting for Austin and San Antonio.

3. houndguy

houndguy New Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    From the original article:

***NASL Annual General Meeting in Miami
    No real information on the AGM that took place this weekend. We hope to have some information soon. We can confirm the following teams attended Puerto Rico Islanders, Carolina RailHawks, Montreal Impact, Miami FC Blues, FC Tampa Bay, Crystal Palace Baltimore, FC Edmonton, AC St. Louis, NSC Minnesota Stars and San Antonio. The amount of teams or groups attending is a positive sign of things to come***

It's good news indeed for San Antonio and Austin (whose fans got screwed IMHO with the move to Orlando).

Does this mean that AC St Louis, Crystal and NSC have resolved their finacial issues? Or is the league going to something I think they should have done from the beginning...Profit (and loss) sharing?

4. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    At this point I think an austin team is bound to happen.

5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems the market is there for a moderately successful team. I hope it happens. SA and Austin would be nice rivalry.

6. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Indeed.

7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus, if you're going to resurrect a three-year-old thread, do it for more than a one-word reply, will you? Noobs.

8. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright funny guys.

I will say this, I know that the USL league office was heavily involved with Aztex moving to Orlando. With that said I have always thought that the current Austin PDL ownership might not want to deal with the USL any more, but apparently they are okay with it.

I would think at this point, its more likely that Austin move to USL Pro then goes to NASL.

9. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Part of this makes sense in terms of the Aztexs staying within the USL. But would they become an affiliate to an MLS team, perhaps ironically the Orlando City SC?

Maybe there is room for another team.

10. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had some laughs thinking that Orlando might do that, but my theory is that Orlando MLS will have a different city as their affiliate. But who knows.

Bottom line, I would be surprised if Austin joined the NASL now.

11. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Yeah, the thought of Orlando and Austin pairing is pretty funny. Who knows if they do pair up or what Orlando decides in the end. I think the NASL might be interested in Austin. The Aztexs? Don't know. But it may be that if not them then another group could come into the picture.

12. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    It's likely that Austin moves to USL than goes to NASL too (that's for deleting my joke post :p).

Aztexs? There's more than one of them? Axtexi?

13. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    MAybe. Perhaps then a different club gains a franchise in Austin. Who knows.

eclipse02 repped this.