Atletico Nacional

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by pibe10, Jul 1, 2012.

1. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The.game.still has to be.played... lets not get ahead of ourselves

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I am mad that Nacional didn't sell Alex Meija or send him on loan to Calgari. Hopefully he goes in the winter transfer window. We really only have 2 NT quality DMs in Valencia and Sanchez. I really like Meija but he needs to make the next step to be taken seriously for the NT.

3. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Dafuq you talkin bout bro? You yourself posted that the interest had been for Yulian Mejia the whole time, not Alexander.

And I'm pretty sure you've seen Nacional play enough to know that Mejia is the rock of that team. No way Nacional lets him go unless the offer is irresistible or if Valoy happens to recover his old form. And that won't be anytime soon.

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ACFE iun Facebook posted that it was alex mejia....also some journalists...

5. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You wont want Alex Mejia in the national team if Valoy makes a full recovery and gets back in form. The guy had Alex Mejia benched and is only 20 years old. Kid runs around like a possessed madman.

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Exactly why they should have sold Meija then Sold Valoy in the summer

7. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Gooooool 1-0 against quindio .... we have to win this game to gain more confidence

8. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Incredible!! :mad: This team cannot connect two wins in a raw, not to mention vs. who and in a home game. We're now 8 straight home games without a single F*****G win, since May. Yesterday we played awful, but it's not that Quindio played better and they still managed to equalised and also missed a win in the final play. Us played without Pajoy & Aviles is no excuse, we should have win this one. After the 0-3 vs. DIM and then the double winning vs. Tolima, I was so optimistic for this game, but what an awful performance. I really don't know what to say, it dowesn't look good and we're ahead of another clasico infront of us. If we won't win this one, we'll get into serious trouble.

9. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I read that since January 2013, our uniforms will be made by Nike. We signed for 4 years with them. Personally I like the uniforms of Adidas, but Nike is ok also.

10. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i think adidas uniforms are classier... but lets see what nike is going to give us,,,,

11. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Too bad that right now we are playing like Joma, and not like Adidas....:cautious:

12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A must win game today vs. DIM but a very tough match as well. Osorio will play with 4-1-4-1 formation with several changes in the starting lineup. Diaz will replace Valencia as a LB, Calle returns instead of Bernal and Aviles is also back. Normally I would agree with Osorio to punish Pajoy and not include him for the game because of the red card in the last match vs. DIM even though he can play due to the call up of Perez to the sub-20, but we are not in a position that we can allow it and Pajoy is an important player. But Osorio decided not to include him and Felix will start instead.

Gastón Pezzuti; Elkin Calle, Stefan Medina, Óscar Murillo, Farid Díaz; Alexánder Mejía; Félix Micolta, Jherson Córdoba, Macnelly Torres, Avilés Hurtado; Fernando Uribe.

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pesimos esos delanteros de nacional.....ni para definir, ni para controlar......

14. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bad game from both teams, surely if we compare it to Bogota's clasico last night. We continue to count another home game without winning (unbelieveable!) and we were very lucky at the end because I'm not sure that we deserved that penalty. On the other hand, Medellin wasn't better and didn't deserve the 3 points so it was a justice draw. Aviles was horrible, one of his worst games in Nacional and so was Najera who was the main player to blame for what Pardo did to him. Pezzuti should've stop Pardo's long distance kick but he was surprised. Maybe Bonilla should return to goal? And last one is Uribe. So many expectations, so little production. Barely notice him during the matches so far, very disappointing. :(

15. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    otra temporada que realmente no se ve buena para Nacional....... i feel disapointed today

16. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Usually I don't like to fire coaches after one bad tournament, but in case that we won't qualify / continue to look like crap, Osorio needs to go. I don't understand how is it possible that we are few tournaments in a raw without a normal striker. I mean we have good strikers only that no one is in shape. The last one in shape was Carlos Renteria during the Apertura 2011 and that's it. we had huge expectations from Uribe and little from Duque. at the end Duque was the one who scored but then got injured. Other then that, almost everyone play like crap.

17. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    why we fired Sachi again?? it has ALWAYS been a players problem at Nacional

And Osorio is a crap coach...

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nacional has enough youth prospects to not have so many big name players.

Hopefully they sell Macnelly abroad. Henriquez goes back to Once Caldas, Najera leaves and they actually get a good team again. Problem with Nacional is they buy everyone. The locker room must be really pissed. They got Jonathan Alvarez who was one of the best players at Huila and just throw him on the bench and give him no chances. They have like the best 3 players in every position in the league. I get it they have the most money but that must piss off the bench players.

Osorio is a good coach he just needs to learn how to handle big name players or cut them from his team if he ever wants to coach our NT or any NT for that matter. Him being sacked after passing up coaching Honduras would suck for him.

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Osorio es de esos tecnicos, que le interesa mas la prevalencia de su estilo de juego, que el bienestar que dirige.....todos los partidos plateados igual..............me acuerdo, una vez que nestor otero despues de ganarle a Millonarios en condicion de visitante, 3 dias despues de perder el mismo partido en la misma cancha , siendo Osorio el tecnico dijo: “es como cuando uno se ve una pelicula, por segunda vez, uno ya sabe lo que va a pasar“ .....me imagino que ta todos los dts, le saben jugar a osorio en el futbol colombiano........

20. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thank you, I said it all along last tournament...:confused:

As for Osorio, I don't think that he is a crapy coach, but he sure doesn't react for what is happening in the team. F***, we still didn't won a single game at home!! How could it be? surely a mental thing. All these players are great as individuals, but it doesn't promise us nothing. And sometimes he should try some other formations, not being stuck on the same one over and over.

Crzd, We didn't want Jonathan, it was his decision to stay and fight for his place so you really cannot blame Nacional for this.

21. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Today we have a tough test vs. Pasto in a game that we must win. If we cannot get a win at Atanasio, at least we'll have to win away. Osorio is going to have at least 5-6 changes from the lineup that started vs. DIM, when Pezzuti, Uribe & Cordoba didn't travel to Pasto and won't play (ther first two due to injuries). Pajoy with bad form is supposed to return to the lineup after his suspention and Osorio will choose between Mosquera & D. Alvarez, who will start as a striker. The probable lineup:

Bonilla; Calle, Medina, Henriquez, Diaz; Mejia; J. Alvarez, Torres, Aviles, Mosquera (D. Alvarez); Pajoy

22. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Fantastic win over Pasto 0-2 which ended Pasto's undefeated at home after 40(!) matches. It was herroic effort from the entire team who played with 10 men after Bernal's red card at the 7th minute but we fought during the game, Pasto pressured us but all the players made a great defensive game with the excellent Bonilla in goal. Btw, as much as I like Pezzuti, a wonderful keeper, we must use Bonilla's great form since the beginning of the season and give him the no. 1 shirt. We needed the points and got them and I swear that I cannot understand that team, who wins away from home in Quilla, in Pasto, in Ibague but still didn't achieve a single home win. Hopefully that now we'll be able to connect two wins in a raw on Sunday vs. Envigado........at Atanasio :confused:

23. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT