Atletico Nacional

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by pibe10, Jul 1, 2012.

1. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    There's nothing left to say after the 4th game in a raw that we aren't winning and the 3rd game in a raw that we are the better team and cannot win. A pure bunker of Millos, also because of Blanco's red card, but Nacional couldn't score a single goal. Osorio said that he is disappointed but he's not gonna change the 4-2-3-1 formation. I would like to try a new formation, a 4-4-2 diamond which iun my opinion can be great since we have two strikers like Uribe and Duque and we should play with both of them. A few points after our 4th game:

1. The defense was a bit better since we replace the CB's. With Medina I don't have a problem, with Henriquez I do. Osorio needs to choose two CB's from Medina-Najera-Murillo. Since the last two were good vs. Millos, I would continue with them.

2. We have problems with our wing backs. Elkin Calle isn't contribute nothing. Not offensively and not defensively. Why not to give Bernal a try? Surely cannot defend worse then Calle, and surely a better attacker then him. On the opposite side we also have a problem. Valencia in bad shape, horible defensive skills and doesn't contribute to the offensive game, his stronger part. He also had a horrible miss vs. Millos. The problem is that Farid Diaz isn't better then him and also had too many mistakes. I would take the risk and continue with Valencia.

3. We do not need to play with double '5'. Cordoba is not in his best shape, Mejia is in great shape and can play by himself in the middle of the field, surely when we play at Atanasio and attack a lot. Instead another DM, we need to bring another striker in.

4. Good to have Aviles back. The guy wasn't with us in the first 3 matches and when he returned vs. Millos, he was our best player. Hopefully he'll continue like this vs. Tolima.

5. The formation I would use:

-------------------------Bonilla/Pezzuti---------------------

Bernal------------Medina/Najera----Murillo-----Valencia

---------------------------Mejia-------------------------------

Aviles---------------------------------------------------Pajoy

--------------------------Macnelly---------------------------

-----------------Duque------------------Uribe--------------

2. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No he visto ningun partido pero si Osorio no puede enderesar ese barco verde alli si no c.... Falta mucho y mejor cuando se empiesa lento y pal final de la temporada se remata bien.

3. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree viejo and I still please that we will improve, we cannot play better and not score forever. The plan was to use Uribe as a lonely striker and Duque as his replacement. But Duque showed since the beginning that he is a good striker and deserve to play. Since we all know Uribe's ability as well, I think that both of them with the support of Pajoy-Mac-Aviles, can cause a lot of damage for the rivals. The other problem is our defensive game, but we cannot say that we do not have to players to play a good solid defense. They are in bad shape and Osorio first needs to work on this part, because the goals will come.

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Macnelly needs to go same as G10. They are only good for like 15 minutes a game. Fine they have a awesome pass her or there but they aren't 90 minute players.

Bernal------------Medina----Murillo/Najera-----Valencia

---------------------Mejia-------Cordoba------------------

Aviles---------------------------------------------------Pajoy

-----------------Duque------------------Uribe--------------

Nacional is way too offensive for a team that is not scoring. They have no one winning the MF and then setting up play.

5. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Finally our first win and in a tough place like Ibague. As usual we started losing 0-1 for a penalty of Noguera but I was surprised to see that we turned the score around until the half time from goals by Duque (incredible player) & Micolta. After so many misses of both teams in the second half, Duque sealed the deal for us.
    As for the team, it seemed that Medina & Murillo will be the CB's although Najera did a great job as a RB and as always our weakest position was the LB which was occupied by Dias this time. Bonilla was once again wonderful and saved us few times. I like Pezzuti to come back but it would be a shame to put Bonilla to the bench. But no doubt that he should be our second goalie.

As for the midfielder, Mejia and Cordoba were very orgenized in the back and Macnelly controlled the game, but both Micolta (despite the goal) and Pajoy (very bad) didn't impress. in the second half Aviles replaced Micolta and wasn't better then him and Mosquera replaced Pajoy and didn't have the best game either and also suffered from a huge miss. I just hope that this win will lead us for more and we need to start this Wednesday vs. Cucuta at home.

6. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Definitivamente, ese Duque tiene gol.

7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Looks like getting Uribe was a waste of money

8. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't think. Uribe is a great striker, plus no really thought that Duque will have a wonderful start. I still believe that Uribe will score his goals eventually.

9. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    http://www.golcaracol.com/futbol-co...jefferson-duque-alejara-tres-meses-de-canchas
    Lesión de Jefferson Duque lo alejará tres meses de las canchas

Obviously that something should have gone wrong...:( Duque in his best moments and now this. Who would have thought that we would be worried about Duque's injury when we have Uribe on the bench? I believe that he's not gonna return this semester, so we stayed with Uribe, Alvarez & Pajoy. Today vs. Cucuta in Medellin, Osorio is gonna make some changes. Calle injured as well and Bernal will replace him, Mejia won't play due to yellow cards, Najera & Murillo will rest as well, so are Pajoy & Duque who's injured.

Starting lineup- Bonilla; Bernal, Medina, Henriquez, Diaz; Perez, Micolta, Macnelly, Mosquera, Aviles; Uribe.

10. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Y si mejia realmente se va al cagliari no se como se las va a arreglar el Nacho. En estos momentos, no tienen realmente con que reemplazarlo.

11. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  12. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Valoy cuando empezó lo tenia calentando banca.

pibe10 repped this.
  13. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agree. Valoy showed a lot of football until he got hurt (Mejia was on the bench) and I'm sure that step by step he'll return to be a starter in Nacional.

14. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What a disappointment. 3rd hmoe game in a raw and we cannot win Cucuta at home. And not only that, the team looked horrible, they not even played well and were unlucky. They played very bad. I really don't understand it, seriously. Now maybe people here will understand what I said last tournament that the main one to blame wasn't Sachi. He made his mistakes but the players are the ones who eventually go out to the field and cannot win. Osorio also makes mistakes but what a poor performances by the players. We still have 12 games to end this tournament but without Duque, the team actually looked very lost. Uribe looks like the Colombian version of Fano, Macnelly & Mosquera barely connected one good pass, it was a disgusting match to watch. Saturday is the clasico, god help us.

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You guys need to bench Macnelly and Mosquera !!! You have 4 offensive players and they don't do anything on the team. You guys have the 2nd best coach in Colombia after Torres they should be playing way better than this

Nacional needs a 4-2-2-2 or a 4-3-2-1. THE 10 DOESN'T WORK !!!!

Najera------------Medina------Murillo----------Valencia

--------- Bernal ----------Mejia-------Cordoba------------------

Aviles---------------------------------------------------Pajoy/Javier Alvarez

---------------------------Uribe------------------------------

16. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    3 DM's??? What for? You really are crzd...
    With the 4-2-2-2 I can agree, but right now Duque is out and Diego Alvarez is not exactly the striker I would like to see and Uribe also looks like the shadow of himself. Macnelly is not that bad, I think that with a 4-2-2-2, with Mejia and Cordoba as DM's, Pajoy & Macnelly as Attacking midfielders from the flanks, Aviles as a second stiker (like Pabon) and Uribe as a "9".

By the way Crzd, as I recall Javier Alvarez is not a player, he was Colombia's coach in the Copa 1999. :p You ment Jonathan Alvarez.

17. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Here we go! Finally a good solid performance from the team which ended in a 0-3 win over DIM and we entered into the first 8. The first half was pretty much equal + Aviles missed a penalty, but in the second half we were way superior then DIM, had more possession, more clear chances and scored 3 great goals. Once again too many chnges from Osorio, he really needs to stick with his lineup more. With all the respect to Diego Alvarez, he hasn't really contribute something so I would stay with Uribe and our CB's need to be Medina and Murillo, when Najera can play as a RB and Valencia as a LB. I just feel bad for Bonilla who will soon return to the bench since Pezzuti returns.

18. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Finally a win goddamnit!

19. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    About time! Empiesen a golear... Lastima por el Cali que aunque aveses muestra gran futbol sigue irregular.

Estos cuadrangulares quiero ver a Nacional Millos Cali y obviamente a Junior en exelente nivel

20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Exactly I am very happy for Millos and Nacional getting great coaches we need the big teams to actually play well. Hopefully America de Cali comes up stronger than ever also. I am tried of seeing shit teams like Equidad play international tournies and making us look bad

21. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If I recall corrrectly.. Nacional (a big team) disapointed us in the last Libertadores too...

Colombian Football is getting bad all around... not just the small teams.

22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yea man but Nacional ass raped teams teams the knock out rounds. They didn't win but didn't make us look bad by getting destroyed at home and away like Equidad did

23. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Half time at Ibague, Copa Postobon. in 2 minutes we broke Tolima with goals from los Alvarez, Diego & Jonathan. We need to keep up and the second leg in Medellin will be for the protocol.

24. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In the end we won 2-1. Its gonna be a fun game in the home game.

25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In my opinion there was a foul on Pezzuti in the goal of Monsalvo, he get the ball from Pezzuti's hands but never mind. They won't beat us in Medellin.