Atlanta Beat Magic vs Magicjack July 23

Discussion in 'Atlanta Beat' started by phats_away, Jul 19, 2011.

1. phats_away

phats_away Member

Jul 28, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    anyone going? bueller? bueller?

2. NashvillePainter

NashvillePainter New Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sec 105, row A, baby!

3. StevieBeat

StevieBeat Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The website shows that ticket availability is pretty limited already (looks like 1/3 seats remaining), so it's shaping up to be one of our best crowds of the season. Couldn't believe there were 3,700 last weekend, but my guess would be we'll push 5-6,000 for "Welcome Back, Wambach".

4. StevieBeat

StevieBeat Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Cool, glad you decided to make the trip. Sec. 111, row A (down by the corner flag).

PS - No Chelsea jerseys allowed.

5. NashvillePainter

Jul 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey there! I was thinking I should drop you a line. Looks like we'll be close, I'll keep an eye out for you. (I'll probably be wearing USWNT #15 but I'll see if I can get Mr. Painter to don his Torres special ;))

6. GaDawg

GaDawg New Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bringing 4 "World Cup Bandwagoners" with me in addition to the 2 season tix we normally use. Hoping the crowd tops the Philadelphia match in terms of number and enthusiasm. I love going to Beat games as it is, but to go when the stadium is near capacity would make it oh so much more fun!

It's a shame the Beat only get 2 post WC home games this season. That being said, it looks like the World Cup attendance should just be enough to keep the league around for season 4...and hopefully the Beat will try to add 1-2 big name players this time around - one can hope!

7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey folks, not to be buzz kill, but please remember the USWNT players (ie Abby & Rapinoe) just played 120 on Sunday (three days ago) and Abby's going to put in a hard/good shift tonight in Rochester b/c it is her hometown. So, another full game immediately 2 days after that is a tough, tough ask of her. She gives her all but please be realistic.

The quick turnaround is likely why Rampone & Boxx are not playing tonight for magicmysteryJack.

And it is going to be hella hot. So the speed of play will be slower -- otherwise they might die. Hella, hella hot.

But Mitts will be fresh and I'm sure ready to play for you ;) :D

8. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeff Kassouf RT'd a message saying general admission for Saturday's ATL-mJ game are sold out. Momoney seats still available.

9. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    3 nose bleed tickets purchased 4 weeks ago, given it's a fortune to travel over 900 miles (gas 200), rental car (120), food (100 for 3) and room for 3.

Go MagicFool!
    6-5-1

No way he gets out coached in the Atl game.

10. StevieBeat

StevieBeat Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Just for fun I checked the website for tickets to the game Saturday: General Admission seats are not completely gone, but there are a handful of seats in a few sections behind goal (East sideline GA is gone), two sections of the West Sideline are gone with the rest having 20 or 30 seats left at best. I feel really sorry for anyone planning on walking up. If the AJC even remotely mentions this (and their WWC was actually decent, so there's a chance), they will probably be turning people away at the window.

Also, this game will apparently see Abby permanently installed as player/coach, so we still won't get the chance to see Borislow v Galanis: Duel of the Hapless Coaches.

11. DemitriMaximoffX

Aug 19, 2006
    Yeah, GA's gone from sold out to not-so-sold out as the day's gone by. There was something like 100 tickets scattered as I checked earlier. Agree about the walk-ups likely being out of luck.

Don't expect to see Hope Solo either. Still apparently in a lot of pain from the shoulder injury.

12. GaDawg

GaDawg New Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt they would turn the walk ups away. This league has been struggling for attendance, and the stadium does have plenty of room for standing room tickets. I'm guessing there is room for at least 500 standing around the stadium...if not more.

Regardless, this sure is a nice problem to have for the beat.

13. kbritt1967

kbritt1967 Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carli & Heather on Fox5 ATL morning show this morning said that the General Admission seats were sold out, but that there are still a few West Sideline seats available. They also said that there would be "standing room only" tix available. We have the flexi-pass vouchers & were able to reserve in section 108 by calling the box office this morning. There are still some seats in section 109 left, too, but not many.

Jen, the person I spoke with in the box office, said that there are still plenty of seats left for the WNY game coming up next, if you wanna chance to see Marta, Sinclair, Morgan, Seger & Riley from the WWC.

14. StevieBeat

StevieBeat Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    GA is back to being sold out. They opened up the stage area for "Standing Room Only" at $15. West Sideline seats are mostly singles and there aren't many of those left. I checked the ajc and mdj websites, but they haven't picked anything up on this yet. Wouldn't matter at this point, but it could be a nice push for the game against WNY.

And hey, how 'bout them Silverbacks!

15. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to hear about the great crowd expected for Saturday night. I hope the Beat give them something to cheer about.

By my calculations, Atlanta needs to score in the first 54 minutes or they break a record for scoring futility held by the Chicago Red Stars of 451 consecutive minutes without a goal in 2009. But at least there's a chance since Atlanta has scored a few goals at home. They haven't scored a road goal yet.:(

Anyway, I hope the two teams put on a good show and maybe it will win over some of the fans that are there just to welcome back the USWNT or for the curiousity. Keep them coming back for more.

16. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to what Solo said on the Lopez Show last night, she was having an MRI on her wrist, which she says might be broken.

17. NashvillePainter

Jul 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Score still 0-0 at half. ATL playing good defense. Several attempts. Internationals doing well tho Wambach clotheslined at about :35.

Attendance good but some empty seats. Still pretty hot esp on GA side.

18. NashvillePainter

Jul 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3? Yellow cards so far - 2 ATL 1 MJ

Edit: 2-2! Wombat just carded for UC! (59:00)

19. seCrawler

seCrawler New Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santa Fe Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Wambach's foot was bad, so why was she playing in the ATL game? On top of that they draw Atlanta of all teams. I'm assuming DB is still coaching after his players pretty much said they don't want him, based on the outcome of the game.

All of the general admission tickets were gone, but the Beat's ticket system showed $50 seats still available. Those seem a bit high for women's soccer.

20. crog1967

crog1967 Member

May 5, 2009
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The $50 tickets were on the field seats.

magicDan was not on the sidelines. I think Abby is the official coach now. magicJack played a 4 back for the first time this season, so maybe Dan is actually letting her call the shots.

Abby was pretty gassed by 60 - 65 minutes. She called for a sub at around 70 minutes and DeVanna warmed up an came in for her. She was definitely not 100%.

21. GaDawg

GaDawg New Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was great to see the stadium so packed, though why the PA guy decided to wait until the 88th minute of a 0-0 tie to start the wave is beyond me.

22. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are highlights of the game up at the ATLBeat's youtube channel. I do wish they'd put more game footage and less "let's honor the WWC players" pregame. But I'm glad they put any highlights up, so I'll say well done to them for that.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AtlantaBeat2010